Copa America 2019 - General Discussion (10 Viewers)

JuvXOXO

May 25, 2019
Right, so Iniesta should have won it 2010. I also agree with that.
Xavi was better.

- - - Updated - - -

How was Modric leading Croatia while having a "pretty good" CL? There is a number of Real and Croatia players ahead of him in importance and quality of play that year. If the WC was that important, Griezmann would have won the balon for his victory there in addition ti Europa League victory, having a much better league record that year while playing for the inferior club. Maybe you should have watched them more last season, but its fine, guess youre the same as the voters then

- - - Updated - - -

Iniesta should have lost the final and focused on getting POT instead. Then he would have won for sure
Griezmann was nothing special at WC. All his goals were penalties apart from the one thrown in by the Uruguay keeper. He also did nothing in the Cl at all. If France had a standout player, then he probably would have won.

Last edited:

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Xavi was better.

I also it was different because Xavi and Iniesta were Messi's teammates but Messi was clearly Barca's star, so another Barca player winning would have been odd. If Ronaldo had stayed at Real, I doubt Modric would have won it over him.

I'm not sure if you're trolling... or just making stuff up as you go. This is the last time I feed. Iniesta was by far the motor of the Spanish team and Barcelona.

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #805
    Tite on Messi’s allegations:

“Messi needs to have more respect and accept when he is beaten. We were impacted by referees in several games. He puts huge pressure because of his reputation. We played fair against Argentina the whole time”

Totally agree. It’s easy to blame referees when the call isn’t in your favor, but Barcelona can be blatantly helped week in week out and not a word comes out of his midget mouth. And how about that fake ass penal against Paraguay, nothing said huh? Fuck off, just retire already.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
    Tite on Messi’s allegations:

“Messi needs to have more respect and accept when he is beaten. We were impacted by referees in several games. He puts huge pressure because of his reputation. We played fair against Argentina the whole time”

Totally agree. It’s easy to blame referees when the call isn’t in your favor, but Barcelona can be blatantly helped week in week out and not a word comes out of his midget mouth. And how about that fake ass penal against Paraguay, nothing said huh? Fuck off, just retire already.

If he had any decency he would retire already for what he said, instead of waiting on corrupt CONMEBOL to suspend him or not.

He's very rebel to cry but then next year there will be a Copa America again. And then the CONMEBOL and Copa America are no longer corrupt or stolen anymore :lol3:

Not sure how he can make it to the pitch with that broken spine :lol3:

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Xavi was better.

- - - Updated - - -

Griezmann was nothing special at WC. All his goals were penalties apart from the one thrown in by the Uruguay keeper. He also did nothing in the Cl at all. If France had a standout player, then he probably would have won.
    Croatia didnt have a standout player either (if id have to pick one, either Mandzu or Perisic), so Griezmann was as deserving as anyone on either roster. He didnt do nothing in CL because he didnt play it, but he did enough in EL to compensate for it. He outclassed Modric in La Liga as well. Ronaldo was the true balon dor for last year

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if you're trolling... or just making stuff up as you go. This is the last time I feed. Iniesta was by far the motor of the Spanish team and Barcelona.
    Hes so way off with his opinions

JuvXOXO

May 25, 2019
    Iniesta was never by far the motor at Barcelona, especially not in 2010. He was injured for a lot of the 09/10 season and Xavi was far better and more important to the team. Iniesta was the best Spanish player in 2012 and had a stronger case for Ballon d'Or that season, but people say he deserved it in 2010 just based on that one goal without remembering anything else that happened during the year.

2010 Ballon d'or should have been

1. Xavi
    2. Sneijder
    3. Messi
    4. Iniesta

- - - Updated - - -

Croatia didnt have a standout player either (if id have to pick one, either Mandzu or Perisic), so Griezmann was as deserving as anyone on either roster. He didnt do nothing in CL because he didnt play it, but he did enough in EL to compensate for it. He outclassed Modric in La Liga as well. Ronaldo was the true balon dor for last year

- - - Updated - - -

Hes so way off with his opinions
    I'll take that with a grain of salt from the guy who suggested Firmino for the Ballon d'or

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
    5 years ago he was their best player in the WC. Argentina have been irrelevant since early 90s, that probably a decade before messi started playing for them. Not supporting him but this Argentina squad is overrated and has been for a while.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Messi in 2014 was great for Argentina only against "strong" opposition like Bosnia Iran and Nigeria. When the real tournament began he went AWOL like he usually does in the QF and SF of CL.
    Argentina only scored 2 more goals after the group stage against Switzerland ,Belgium, Netherlands and Germany and neither was by Messi.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Messi in 2014 was great for Argentina only against "strong" opposition like Bosnia Iran and Nigeria. When the real tournament began he went AWOL like he usually does in the QF and SF of CL.
    Argentina only scored 2 more goals after the group stage against Switzerland ,Belgium, Netherlands and Germany and neither was by Messi.
    How about the assists?

Listen this is an extremely silly conversation, messi is a helluva talent, amazing player that you'd love to build your team around, the only reason we are hating on him is coz he doesn't play in our team, same as cr7 before he joined. You ask why doesn't he perform for Argentina the way he does for barcelona? For one Barcelona is a professionally run club while the albiceleste are as dysfunctional as they come. Secondly too much is expected of him with the NT, he is clearly not the second coming of diego, he has neither the charisma or the huevos to inspire and carry a team. Now had he chosen to play for Spain, well let's just thank God he didn't...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    How about the assists?

Listen this is an extremely silly conversation, messi is a helluva talent, amazing player that you'd love to build your team around, the only reason we are hating on him is coz he doesn't play in our team, same as cr7 before he joined. You ask why doesn't he perform for Argentina the way he does for barcelona? For one Barcelona is a professionally run club while the albiceleste are as dysfunctional as they come. Secondly too much is expected of him with the NT, he is clearly not the second coming of diego, he has neither the charisma or the huevos to inspire and carry a team. Now had he chosen to play for Spain, well let's just thank God he didn't...
    :tup:
    It should be pretty easy to recognize both Messi and CR7 as all-time greats. The two greatest players of this generation. Beyond that who gives a shit where they “rank” amongst the pantheon. Cross-era comparisons of the greatest players are futile.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
    How about the assists?

I think you misunderstood me.I'm not saying messi is sh*t.I think he is the second best player of this generation and one of the greats in history. I'm only saying that people tend to overrate his impact in meaningful and crunch matches.I don't have an agenda against the guy.
    As someone said: " The only fault in ronaldo's and messi's gameplay comes from making us think that scoring goals is easy."

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    :tup:
    It should be pretty easy to recognize both Messi and CR7 as all-time greats. The two greatest players of this generation. Beyond that who gives a shit where they “rank” amongst the pantheon. Cross-era comparisons of the greatest players are futile.
    That's the thing, as soon as messi appeared on the scene he was constantly compared to Diego, but he was always seem as 'soft'. the funny thing is his lashing out at the ref and conmebol endeared and earned him a lot of respect in Argentina

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
    That's the thing, as soon as messi appeared on the scene he was constantly compared to Diego, but he was always seem as 'soft'. the funny thing is his lashing out at the ref and conmebol endeared and earned him a lot of respect in Argentina
    I read somewhere that Diego came to a Napoli team that managed to save itself from relegation by one point the previous year and in his first and second year won seria A .That's like going to udinese and make them contenders by sheer presence. If this is true that's just awe inspiring. If I was an Argentinian I would probably be very proud of both of them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    :agree:

Yep. Soft and lacking that fire is the common complaint. So of course they'd love his reaction here. And to be honest, there's nothing wrong with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)