Copa America 2015 LIVE thread (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
todays display was worse imo and against frickin paraguay, in possibly of their worst generations, at least in the world cup you lost to the clear best
Still, it's the Copa America. Brazil lost countless times before. Even with Zico they couldn't beat an average Paraguay. And don't say "you" damnit :D It doesn't represent me anymore.

But see, the difference now is the context; Brazil was just humiliated at home, the Brazilian league has come to a point of no return, it's beyond shit. The very few good players it produces are taken away at a very young age and leave the local teams with nothing but leftovers.

We discussed about this the other day; Brazil always relied on the skills of 4 or 5 phenomenal individuals. Never needed to have the best coach or the best tactical understanding. When all those cracks are nowhere to be found and you're left with nothing but one that's when you have to rely on the collective tactical work, something Brazil never had.

What people saw in 70', 82' and so on, that great collective work was just pure talent. Intelligent players that understood each other. It wasn't the work of a great coach. Now they need a great coach and have none.

Fact is, it's over. What was once the footballing nation is no more.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Still, it's the Copa America. Brazil lost countless times before. Even with Zico they couldn't beat an average Paraguay. And don't say "you" damnit :D It doesn't represent me anymore.

But see, the difference now is the context; Brazil was just humiliated at home, the Brazilian league has come to a point of no return, it's beyond shit. The very few good players it produces are taken away at a very young age and leave the local teams with nothing but leftovers.

We discussed about this the other day; Brazil always relied on the skills of 4 or 5 phenomenal individuals. Never needed to have the best coach or the best tactical understanding. When all those cracks are nowhere to be found and you're left with nothing but one that's when you have to rely on the collective tactical work, something Brazil never had.

What people saw in 70', 82' and so on, that great collective work was just pure talent. Intelligent players that understood each other. It wasn't the work of a great coach. Now they need a great coach and have none.

Fact is, it's over. What was once the footballing nation is no more.

your overreaction is understandable, but beautiful futbol will always be synonymous with brazil, maybe that SA super league might be after all the best solution

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
your overreaction is understandable, but beautiful futbol will always be synonymous with brazil, maybe that SA super league might be after all the best solution
It's anything but overreacting, bro. It's just the reality. You really couldn't expect Brazil to be on top forever, it had to end one day.

- - - Updated - - -

On some other news @Zacheryah

Lionel Messi, captain of Argentina's national team, was happy to qualify for the Copa America semi finals, but lamented the problems that he had in front of goal.

However, what he didn't say more about after the game was the reply of Mexican referee Roberto Garcia when Lionel Messi complained about the large amount of fouls and hard tackles he was subject to during the game that the referee didn't penalise.

After his interview, one of the microphones for an Argentine TV station picked up Messi explaining to a reporter that "I asked him why he permitted so many niggly tackles" and added that the referee answered "because this is South America and that's the way we play here."

:lol:

Jan 22, 2009
It's anything but overreacting, bro. It's just the reality. You really couldn't expect Brazil to be on top forever, it had to end one day.

- - - Updated - - -

On some other news @Zacheryah

Lionel Messi, captain of Argentina's national team, was happy to qualify for the Copa America semi finals, but lamented the problems that he had in front of goal.

However, what he didn't say more about after the game was the reply of Mexican referee Roberto Garcia when Lionel Messi complained about the large amount of fouls and hard tackles he was subject to during the game that the referee didn't penalise.

After his interview, one of the microphones for an Argentine TV station picked up Messi explaining to a reporter that "I asked him why he permitted so many niggly tackles" and added that the referee answered "because this is South America and that's the way we play here."

:lol:
Oh Lord, that's pure gold reply

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Jara faces probe over Cavani assault

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jara-faces-probe-over-cavani-assault-222525052--sow.html

Given the nature of his offense, the title is :lol:
omfg thats hilarious :D

- - - Updated - - -

This coppa made me realise why X is so into south american football, and that there are places on earth, where its not about the fancy gucci purse wearing crybabies.

having said that, i'd like to repeat, Messi isnt used to this, but didnt cry like Ggghghhames rodriguez eighter. He adapted. He started to use skill rater then just agility, and grew into the game.

And this is whats wrong with europe. Why apart from messi and ronaldo, its mostly shitty average players compared to 80ties,90ties and early 00's. Back then, players were forced to be so good, because the defence demanded it.
It grew genius players, cause defenders actually could anticipate and position. It grew amazing dribbeling players, that needed tricks to get past a defender, modern footballers just move a bit to the side or provoke a foul.

And this is why i liked Messi's game. At first he was roflstomped. But then he adapted, and he had to show his skill.

It would be better, if football became a bit more south america, and a bit less gucci purse.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
omfg thats hilarious :D

- - - Updated - - -

This coppa made me realise why X is so into south american football, and that there are places on earth, where its not about the fancy gucci purse wearing crybabies.

having said that, i'd like to repeat, Messi isnt used to this, but didnt cry like Ggghghhames rodriguez eighter. He adapted. He started to use skill rater then just agility, and grew into the game.

And this is whats wrong with europe. Why apart from messi and ronaldo, its mostly shitty average players compared to 80ties,90ties and early 00's. Back then, players were forced to be so good, because the defence demanded it.
It grew genius players, cause defenders actually could anticipate and position. It grew amazing dribbeling players, that needed tricks to get past a defender, modern footballers just move a bit to the side or provoke a foul.

And this is why i liked Messi's game. At first he was roflstomped. But then he adapted, and he had to show his skill.

It would be better, if football became a bit more south america, and a bit less gucci purse.
And then some members think i'm just being "nostalgic" when i say it was so much better in the past. No. It just was. Everything from the crowds, the fans, the atmosphere you'd see in the stadiums. The great players and their great teams. The toughness, no full time theatrics, no BS. Provocations and referees that allow the game to go on. SA Football still retains some of those qualities.

It's like Rivellino once said "players today keep more time on the ground than actually playing".

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Messi is pretty damn good. Best in the world.
In the Colombia game he actually showed his much superior talent compared to anyone else on the field (lol cryez rodriguez), because he was taxed to do it.

He's one of the very few that would actually kick a dent in a good old european defence. All the modern day divers, would get rekt son.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like Rivellino once said "players today keep more time on the ground than actually playing".
Thats a fantastic quote :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)