Copa America 2007 (4 Viewers)

Apr 5, 2007
I agree, I wish the US had brought their best team... theyd have reached the semis for sure
i dont think so, of course their starters represent more experience and stuff but basically the US doesnt depend too much of=n his players, they deppend much more on the way they play tactically, and we cant say there are not a lot of difference between the players they used in the gold cup and the ones in copa america, except for donovan and mastro (without saying they are not top class tho) the rest like beasley, onyewu, ching blahblahblah are crap according to what ive seen...

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #182
    if only US soccer was a little smarter
    I don't know if you read an old post of mine near the start of the thread, but it went along the lines of I wish someone in a position to do something about it would see to it that more resources were made available to not just sustaining the US national soccer team, but to keep the interest of American teenagers who are now reportedly at a high soccer standard level, to the next stage, to the point where they could seriously play. In a country like the US it's unacceptable that Bradley had 2 choices...play full strength at the Gold Cup or the Copa America, not both.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    I hope Central American countries; that have great hidden talent will become successful one day. They don't have close to the same resources the United States has, but 10x more interest in the sport then them.

OP
    Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #184
    Yeh, Costa Rica are probably the best known...I remember them well enough from a few tournaments & on their day they can play some nice stuff...I don't doubt El Salvador, Panama, & the others have talent too. Unfortunately Concacaf countries don't get much tv space in Europe, as I'm sure you know.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    I don't know if you read an old post of mine near the start of the thread, but it went along the lines of I wish someone in a position to do something about it would see to it that more resources were made available to not just sustaining the US national soccer team, but to keep the interest of American teenagers who are now reportedly at a high soccer standard level, to the next stage, to the point where they could seriously play. In a country like the US it's unacceptable that Bradley had 2 choices...play full strength at the Gold Cup or the Copa America, not both.
    :agree:

I hope Central American countries; that have great hidden talent will become successful one day. They don't have close to the same resources the United States has, but 10x more interest in the sport then them.
    it all boils down to money, or lack thereof, in the Central American countries

OP
    Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #188
    Well, it would be the old pro Jaime Moreno who gave Bolivia the lead...then they undo all the good work to let Peru back in...hey now, what's this? Campos puts Bolivia back in front, 2-1...

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    no they didn't open a bet. But i told Christina a.k.a forzadelpiero10 that Peru and Venezuela will finish in a draw in their matches. So 1 part of that is complete. Damn bookies :grrrr: you know i luv ya :p

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    if uruguay beat venezuela 1-0 who goes through between venezuela and peru, cause they will be draw on points.

OP
    Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #194
    Uruguay won't win tonight...what they will do with a draw is stand a good chance of progressing by being one of the 2 best 3'rd placed teams. But to answer your question, Venezuela beat Peru which means they get to go through, in that case.

Addition, rather than making another post...

From the word "go" the body language of some of the Uruguayan squad told us they just didn't believe in themselves, which is a shame for guys like Rodriguez & Forlan who did try even if they're not world class players.
    All credit to Venezuela who for years couldn't kick a ball & now progress by winning the group. A predictable unexciting 0-0 though!

Zare

Jul 4, 2007
    Venezuela - Uruguay was simply pathetic... it's almost like nobody wanted to win. Interesting. I wonder if Chavez is behind that..

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    Wednesday 4 July, 2007

Hernan Crespo will have to watch the remainder of Argentina’s Copa America adventure from the sidelines due to a thigh injury.

The Inter star bagged a brace in the Albicelestes’ 4-1 demolition of the USA in their opener, but injured himself while converting a penalty in a 4-2 win over Colombia and limped off.

Medical tests revealed that Crespo will be out of action for at least three weeks while the damage to his right thigh heals.

Meanwhile, Inter goalkeeper Fabian Carini impressed again as his Uruguay side drew 0-0 with Venezuela – a result that ensures both sides progress to the quarter-finals.

The 27-year-old custodian had few genuine threats to deal with, but he looked authoritative between the posts in an uninspiring draw.

It is the first time that hosts Venezuela have reached the quarter-finals stage. They are joined by Peru after their 2-2 draw with Bolivia.

Football Italia

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    it just kills me to see a talent such as carini's wasted at inter and seasons out on loan to rubbish clubs, carini potentially could be south america's top goalkeepers and he has shown that so many times for uruguay and the time he played at juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)