Copa America 2004 (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That goalie of Ecuador needs a neck brace after the whiplash he got against Argentina yesterday.

But I gotta say about Uruguay -- nice comeback against one of the last tournament's finalists, despite a goalie that was often out of position. I only wished Cheva was playing.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    Costa Rica 0 - 1 Paraguay

Julio Daniel Dos Santos (86 pen)

And

Brasil 1 - 0 Chile

Luis Fabiano (90´)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    Argentina looked solid, the inter guys Killy and Zanetti played great and D'Alessandro, Ayala all did good. I wouldve liked to see Ronaldo for Brazil, at least Adriano is playing.

Was Salas playing for Chile?

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
    Oh surprise....Brasil suxs very much, despite wining to a poor and impotent Chile....
    Yes...I saw the game..IMO Paraguay and Argentina can defeat Brazil easily

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    i'm all for argentina. i dunno why i hate brazil so much :rofl: i like brazilian players, but when they are playing in brazil shirt...i just hate 'em :p

But I gotta say about Uruguay -- nice comeback against one of the last tournament's finalists, despite a goalie that was often out of position. I only wished Cheva was playing.
    and who scored that goal? ;)

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    I dont think Salas played because hes injured

I think Argentina will win because they brought the strongest team and the whole country is watching the tournament because they want their team to finally win something

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #32
    Colombia 1 - 0 Bolivia

Edixon Perea (45)

Peru 3 - 1 Venezuela

Peru: Jefferson Farfán (34)
    Nolberto Solano (62)
    Wilmer Santiago Acasiete Ariadela (72)

Venezuela: Massimo Margiotta (74)

Venezuela yesterday played very bad and they did not show the level they had recently in the WC qualifiers. I saw a very interesting young player, his name is Jefferson Farfan, he's already been signed by PSV. He's quite fast and he was one of the, if not the, most dangerous players yesterday.

Jul 28, 2002
    hows d'ale doing...i noticed he is argies new number ten.....:groan: we shoulda got him ages ago.

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #34
    Havent had the opportunity to watch Argentina yet. The TV channel thats broadcasting the Copa America here is only playing the Venezuela teams now, but Im sure that in the QFs they'll play most of the matches

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    Havent had the opportunity to watch Argentina yet. The TV channel thats broadcasting the Copa America here is only playing the Venezuela teams now, but Im sure that in the QFs they'll play most of the matches
    Yesterday, Argentina had one of those "you can't even buy a goal" afternoons against Mexico. Kind of like AC Milan had against Club Brugge at home early in last year's CL. Chances, chances, chances. Stuff flying everywhere. They looked better, but they couldn't overcome an early Mexican set piece goal.

Oswaldo Sanchez, Mexico's goalie (who often looks one-step off when playing for his Chivas club team), made a few brilliant saves where the shots were spot on. (Perhaps making up for his championship shoot-out failures against my favorite Mexican league player, UNAM's Fonseca?...)

The way this Copa America was shaping up, the great teams seemed to perservere -- either as a win or an equalizer -- in the last few minutes of play. This match, however, it didn't happen for Argentina (their first real loss to Mexico in 14 years). Still, they way they've been playing, I don't expect them to be troubled much by Uruguay and they should place in the QFs.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    All the Copa America games I've watched so far have been great! The soccer is so much faster than European soccer, and they don't waste much time. It's attack-minded soccer, imo, the best kind.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by dimassimo01 ] ++
    All the Copa America games I've watched so far have been great! The soccer is so much faster than European soccer, and they don't waste much time. It's attack-minded soccer, imo, the best kind.
    I dont think so...check todays Chile- Paraguay and try not to sleep instantly.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)