Copa America 2004 (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
It was funny when Heinze missed, the commentator yelled "Oh my, he's Beckhamed it!".

i wouldnt know. it was in spanish. the only thing i understood was a guy yelling "goooooooooooooooooooooooooool, gooool , goool ,goooooooooooooooooooool" everytime a penalty was scored. :lazy:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Yeah.....it was either the word "gol" repeated 20 times or "golaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacio, golaaaaacio, golacio, golacio, goalcio."
Asso, asso, asso.

Yeah, that's a Pablo Ramírez classic.

But my absolute favorite is from the more subdued color commentary of Ricardo Mayorga: his trademark "Olé!" whenever a player maneuvers himself and/or the ball nicely around a defender.

He must have said it four times in the first five minutes of the Brazil-Uruguay SF.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
compare to ronaldinho - ronaldo
Toss in Kaka, however, and this offensive triad has looked more like the trident for Venezuela in the WC qualifiers thus far.

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
But my absolute favorite is from the more subdued color commentary of Ricardo Mayorga: his trademark "Olé!" whenever a player maneuvers himself and/or the ball nicely around a defender.

He must have said it four times in the first five minutes of the Brazil-Uruguay SF.
Haha......I loved that one. In fact, it was the only thing that kept me from muting the volume for the whole Copa. :D Did he start saying that after the Nike commercial?

OP
Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #148
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Actually thats kinda popular in all South America... everytime I go to the stadium and something like that happens you can hear everyone saying oooooole. Same when youre watching matches in TV!

And its been like that for years... the Nike Olé commercial has nothing to do with that :)

Débora_BR

Apr 9, 2004
    "Dont cry for Brazil, Argentina!!!!!!!!!"

WE ARE THE BEST! WE ARE THE BEST OF AMÉRICA!

FORÇA BRASIL - FORÇA ADRIANO - FORÇA JÚLIO CÉSAR - FORÇAR JUAN!

Hey, Bielsa... DONT FOR FOR PARREIRA!

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    On the subject of "Olé!" and the Nike ad -- did you notice the pronunciation difference between continental Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese? (The Brazilian is more like a rolling "Olllayy!")

And yeah -- I couldn't help but notice Edu speaking Spanish ... or Adriano speaking Spanish after the Uruguay SF and Italian when a guest on La Domenica Sportiva. Here these guys are football players, and I wish I had their language skills.

Spanish isn't a far stretch for someone who speaks Portuguese, however. But I doubt most Brazilians know how to speak it -- even being surrounded by so many Speanish-speaking countries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)