Controversy Thread part 2: Religious discussion (11 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
depends on whether you choose to accept the fact that it is god or coincidence, or science, or nature

for example- the distance from the earth to the sun is perfect for supporting human life. if it were an closer or farther we wouldnt be alive. you can call that coincidence. or you can call it god.

similarly, the fact that the human race has all the attributes not only to survive, but to reproduce and improve their existence with their mental capacity can be attributed to either luck, or god.

depends on what you choose to follow.

Oh man, those are the arguments of someone that fails to see outside the box, or in this case doesnt want to admit that the universe doesnt revolve around mankind and Earth...

The universe is endless, right? There are billions and billions and billions of different stars out there, right? Now, almost all of those stars have a few planets revolvin around them, around 10 in average. Now that would be tens of billions and billions and billions of planets, right? Is it not possible that just a few of those planets would be exactly at the right distance from the stars and with the right conditions for the forming of life? It is isnt it? Well, Earth is just one of those planets, and I'm sure there are more. If life didnt exist here, it would most certanly exist somewhere else, like it probably does.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
right. you could believe that zalta. in fact thats what they all say. in fact thats what the whole theory of evolution is based on.

but then again, theres always the chance that there might be a god.

what if its true?

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

So what? We haven't seen him. So because our human senses can't detect him, he must not exist? That's pretty simple-minded if you ask me; thinking that humans are so supreme that anything beyond our understanding mustn't exist.

Can you see the wind? You can't, right? But we know of the existence of wind because we see the effects of it every day. So it is with God
we k-n-o-w for sure there is wind, but
we have no signs whatsoever to the existence of god though.

so what are you saying? that because we haven't seen him or havn't felt his existence, we should believe in him?
so what is it that makes you be so certain that there is god????

I've never seen a bigfoot before. but why there aren't any bigfoots? there should be!... The God thing is all brainwashing, mate.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
To believe in God or in a guiding force because someone tells you to, is the height of stupidity. We are given senses to receive our information within. With our own eyes we see, and with our own skin we feel. With our intelligence, it is intended that we understand. But each person must puzzle it out for himself or herself.

P. S. I can't remember who said that..
anyway, I'm with gray in this one..
to believe in God, you have to follow your senses.. do you really believe that this universe was created just like that.. IMO, it is too perfect to be a coincidence.. there must be a creator..

imagine that you are setting beside a river.. and you saw some pieces of wood float on that river.. you went to do something and came back after a while.. and saw a boat instead of those pieces of wood.. do you believe that those pieces of wood somehow beocame a boat..(a coincidence)??!! or there must be someone who gathered those pieces and made a boat out of them..??!

why we don't see God..? if we saw God.. there will be no credit for those who believed in Him without seeing Him over those who needed to see Him to believe in him..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
right. you could believe that zalta. in fact thats what they all say. in fact thats what the whole theory of evolution is based on.

but then again, theres always the chance that there might be a god.

what if its true?
It could be true, everything is possible, but I personaly dont believe it is.

++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

anyway, I'm with gray in this one..
to believe in God, you have to follow your senses.. do you really believe that this universe was created just like that.. IMO, it is too perfect to be a coincidence.. there must be a creator..

imagine that you are setting beside a river.. and you saw some pieces of wood float on that river.. you went to do something and came back after a while.. and saw a boat instead of those pieces of wood.. do you believe that those pieces of wood somehow beocame a boat..(a coincidence)??!! or there must be someone who gathered those pieces and made a boat out of them..??!

why we don't see God..? if we saw God.. there will be no credit for those who believed in Him without seeing Him over those who needed to see Him to believe in him..
Again the perfect argument... Look, if you tried to make something blindfolded andwithouth any previous knowledge you'd surely get it right at least one in a billion billion billion of times.

And about the boat... you ever hear of beavers? ;)

Seariously, if you came backe after a few billion years it sure as hell is possible that it became a boat.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #226
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
    so what are you saying? that because we haven't seen him or havn't felt his existence, we should believe in him?
    No, quite the contrapositive in fact.

Even though we can't physically see or feel God, it doesn't mean he can't exist.

The way you're thinking is like a mathematician who can't solve a problem, then says "There must be no solution, because my mind can't fathom it." Pretty narrow-minded, don't u think?

++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
    I've never seen a bigfoot before. but why there aren't any bigfoots? there should be!... The God thing is all brainwashing, mate.
    I'm not insulted by your last sentence, but please don't try to equate God with bigfoot.

++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++

Seariously, if you came backe after a few billion years it sure as hell is possible that it became a boat.
    Not according to basic chaos/entropy theory

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    OK, lets do an experiment. Lets drop some wood in a river, and we'll come back after a few million years and see what it becomes :thumb:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    zalta it doesnt matter whether you believe its true or not.

truth exists whether you choose to believe it or not. but in the end its up to you what you choose and the consequences that you will face, whether good or bad(if there are any)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    zalta it doesnt matter whether you believe its true or not.

truth exists whether you choose to believe it or not. but in the end its up to you what you choose and the consequences that you will face, whether good or bad(if there are any)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)