Controversy Thread part 2: Religious discussion (1 Viewer)

Minfana

Jul 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

you have no physical evidence that the spirit (the dead) doesn't feel anything just as we can't physically prove that they do.
The thing is, if we believe in God and follow his message then we have absolutely nothing to lose. In life we gain things like order, meaning, balance, purpose, comfort and direction. And when we do die, we have the chance to go to paradise. Think about it this way.. **If** we are all wrong, we just die like everyone else.
Athiests on the other hand have a lot to lose by not believing. If you were wrong, there's a possibility that you'll be punished for ignoring/not believing in God.

There's so much to gain and so little for us to loose :)
Oh, please! This is excactly why I dislike religions: guilt and fear! I believe that people suffer while they live, not after they have died. It's what reminds you that you're alive.

And while you just have said that god has no gender, you talk about HIS message. And, btw, how do you know these messages really have come from "him" in the first place? Besides, I have learned very much in life without ever having to open a Bible or some other religious text book, thank you very much. There are plenty of other ways...

While I'm at it, in the Old Testament (okay, I have read a bit, just to see what people fuss about...) "god" is a blood thirsty maniac who wants "his people" (the Jews?) to kill and massacre other people - including women and children. War, war, war. Isn't that sweet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Minfana ] ++

Oh, please! This is excactly why I dislike religions: guilt and fear! I believe that people suffer while they live, not after they have died. It's what reminds you that you're alive.
Not really. for us believers, we're full of hope in our lives. we have a goal for our after life and it encourages us to follow that goal. Death doesn't mark the end of us either.

Do you personally wake up every morning fearing that you'll be sentenced to life in preson for raping someone?! of course not, because you don't intend to rape!

I dont intend to do what's prohibited, therefore i dont live in complete fear.

You do need fear though (a good balance between hope and fear that is) in life too because we are not perfect and there will always be those who'll think about commiting crimes (when things are really bad for them).

I think it's you who live in more fear and frestration, because you think that your good deeds won't be rewarded. Your also afraid of dying because you think it will mark the end of you forever. When things go very very bad, you'd commit suicde, but that's a whole other issue.

BTW, I dont need a reminder to know that i'm alive. I dont see how suffering is a "reminder."

And while you just have said that god has no gender, you talk about HIS message. And, btw, how do you know these messages really have come from "him" in the first place? Besides, I have learned very much in life without ever having to open a Bible or some other religious text book, thank you very much. There are plenty of other ways...
are we back at this again?! what do you want me to say? He isn't human, so there's no sense of trying to tag a gender to him. You give me another alterntive to He?!

BTW, I dont know about the Bible and it's original language, but in the Quran is in Arabic and there is no "it" in Arabic.

besides, 'it" would be offensive as solid passive things are described with "it."

While I'm at it, in the Old Testament (okay, I have read a bit, just to see what people fuss about...) "god" is a blood thirsty maniac who wants "his people" (the Jews?) to kill and massacre other people - including women and children. War, war, war. Isn't that sweet.
I'm Muslim so that book isn't what we go by now.

Jan 7, 2004

It's not God who making your decisions. God blessed all of us with a brain, eyes, and senses..etc. use them to find the right path. Those of us who become mentally ill or whom are born that way won't be punished in life or afterlife for whatever they do. As for those of us who had the misfortune of being born into a family who dont believe in God or a family who's isolated from the world (like North Korea maybe..) then it's a bit tougher for them, but nontheless, God gave you sense to seek the truth. As a Muslim, and I'm sure in christianity too, it's our duty to spread the word of God so people can make a choice. Again, nobody's forced...

tell them to the million of azects killed in the name of God

Aug 1, 2003

Sorry Salihah, this isn't true.

A Muslim woman can't marry a non-muslim, and a Muslim can only marry from the people of the book (Christians and Jews). Also, there is no force in religion. You can't force somebody to convert. 2:256 There is no compulsion in religion.."

it's not just about saying that you are muslim... you have to believe. you have to make that choice on your own, not for money or power to marry or anything. Islam is no just by word, you have to believe in the Shahadah(decleration of Islam) when you make it.
Oh dear, is this true, Majed ? I am not well equipped in matters of Islam, but in Malaysia I think the belief is that a muslim woman can marry a non muslim.

Here's a question : Lets say I wanna marry Inzaghi. and inzaghi is a christian/jew . Is inzaghi still considered a non muslim ?

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Minfana ] ++

I don't think God wants to scare us or anything. Thats kinda funny actually. But as a Muslim I don't look at it that way in Islam's point of view. It's just a guideline for me. I mean, this 'fear' is something like conscience. I WOULDN'T want to live in this world without a conscience, would I ? And many people say Islam is really strict etc but following its rules I don't really understand what's the fuss, to me all the rules are for the betterment of myself.... I'm sure others disagree but hey each to his/her own, and I chose to follow.

I'm sorry I just find you a bit tad ignorant here arguing bout god having no gender...

1. Majed already explained about the complications of the Arab language and having learned the BASIC stuff for one year, it can give me worse headache than doing calculus. HIM is just some language stuff, it has nothing to do with religion. Islam already states God is NOT what his creations are, therefore God has no such stuff as gender etc. Whatever we are, he is not.

2. Good that you've learned but I was a bit offended here.. Why are you so against religious people? (You sound like it) I mean I'm into religion but I'm not against atheists or anything :confused: Besides have you actually READ religious books? I'm not talking about Bible alone (besides I haven't read it) but to actually JUDGE religion in general that their books are not really important are really low. Did you know that there are lots of not only 'spiritual' stuff but also science in the Quran? The Quran doesn't only talk about its religion.... I'm pretty sure there's very much other values to other religious books and perhaps you should really study it, because if there wasn't people wouldn't be following or learning from it.

I'm not saying these religious books are the sole source to humans, I just hope you don't underestimate the power of it because that's what you seem to be doing. You have your opinions, I have mine, but wouldn't it be better if we check with both views first ?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

Oh dear, is this true, Majed ? I am not well equipped in matters of Islam, but in Malaysia I think the belief is that a muslim woman can marry a non muslim.

Here's a question : Lets say I wanna marry Inzaghi. and inzaghi is a christian/jew . Is inzaghi still considered a non muslim ?
sorry, AFAIK, Inzaghi isn't Muslim.

Anelka, Kallon and Weah aren't that bad looking! :D

Sally-Weah :howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)