conte as team captain (1 Viewer)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
If Conte is in the 1st team then he should be the captain. DP is OK, since he's been with us for a long time now, but I always prefer a defender as a C. Defenders protect our goal and it should be one of them who also protects his team from refs etc. :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I think it's impractical to have a goalkeeper as captain, cause he's not gonna run back and forth to talk to the ref all the time. But otherwise the choice is open IMO.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
I think it's impractical to have a goalkeeper as captain, cause he's not gonna run back and forth to talk to the ref all the time. But otherwise the choice is open IMO.
Obviously you've not seen Schmeichel :D

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Davids would make a super captain, and I'm sure the added responsibility would make him less volatile
    not if he decides to emulate roy keane,that is:D

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++
    Obviously you've not seen Schmeichel :D
    Exactly, a good leader who is a keeper can be a good captain. Kahn is a good captain, and so was Schmiechel. However, Buffon has no leadership abilities whatsoever, and consequently should be ruled out as captain.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    He's young and restless now, so lets just wait a few years and we'll see how he turns out to be :) People can change you know ;)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    How long are you going to be mad at him for taking VDS' place? I want to know, so that I'll have an idea when to start taking you seriously!

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    How long are you going to be mad at him for taking VDS' place? I want to know, so that I'll have an idea when to start taking you seriously!
    You think that is why I say these things?!:eek:

I was never mad at Buffon for taking VDS's place, however, I have never seen Buffon for what he has been made up to be. I don't buy into the hype, and I take a realist look at his abilities. I've played keeper a lot in my life, and I know a little about it. When I say that Buffon is foolish, I mean it, and he has shown it in the game.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    And yet he's considered one of the best keepers on this planet :rolleyes: The experts must be blind as we are :shocked:

Ohh and btw I don't buy it! ;) :D

Jul 12, 2002
    And yet he's considered one of the best keepers on this planet :rolleyes: The experts must be blind as we are :shocked:

Ohh and btw I don't buy it! ;) :D
    However you;d like to see it is fine, but I've got to tell you that most of the "experts" don't agree on Buffon as the best keeper. Many more think that Kahn is the best, and there are other who prefer others.

I'm not saying Buffon isn't a good keeper and all, but he's never played the best.

Jul 12, 2002
    I said one of the best not thé best.
    All of the keepers who play on the best teams are "one of the best", don't retreat into that old non-distinction.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    What may i ask has been arrogance and being foolish in you opinion that is, got to do with his ability as a goalkeeper?

There is not a goal keeper on the planet that i have seen that i will trade Buffon for, not because he is at Juve, but i always thought he was the best even when he was at Parma

I do not care about a player's personality, its his abilities, i am interested in and he is not flashy like Dudek who will always make a routine save look spectacular, Kahn and Toldo who are very flashy but outside Schemeichel at his very best, he is the best i have seen in a long time

Or do you think the number of clean sheets, juve have kept in 700 minutes and counting in SerieA is just down to our defence?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)