conte as team captain (2 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I don't think he ever was the best, and there are certainly many better keepers out there than him
It's not that he is the best, but he is among the elite of top level keepers, saying he isn't is just false.

Jul 12, 2002
Come on man, he is better than at least 90% of the keepers out there, and that is statisctically and the opinion of the majority of experts. I am not saying that you can't have a differing opinion, but you'd be taking it a bit far.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Come on man, he is better than at least 90% of the keepers out there, and that is statisctically and the opinion of the majority of experts. I am not saying that you can't have a differing opinion, but you'd be taking it a bit far.
Ok, he is better than a lot of keepers, but still there are a quite large number better than him

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
He is certainly not a BAD keeper but to say he's one of the best is just hilarious. I feel that all the keepers I mentioned a few posts back are better at the moment.

Jul 12, 2002
Ok, he is better than a lot of keepers, but still there are a quite large number better than him
Now that is truly a disputable matter of opinion.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
alright here's a few

Dudek
Cudicini
Robinson
Given
Peruzzi
Buffon
Toldo
Abbiati
Antonioli
Molina
Frey
Canizares
VanDerSar
Casillas

I think these are all better than him, open to debate of course:)

Jul 12, 2002
alright here's a few

Dudek
Cudicini
Robinson
Given
Peruzzi
Buffon
Toldo
Abbiati
Antonioli
Molina
Frey
Canizares
VanDerSar
Casillas

I think these are all better than him, open to debate of course:)
Molina, Cudicini, Given, Abbiati, Antonioli, Frey and Robinson are all inferior to Seaman IMO.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Antonioli and Molina are not goal keepers i can ever entrust with guarding my team and i would not say Seaman is worse than Given, Cudicini or Frey

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
Taking it one step further; who do you think would be a suitable replacement for the English NT? David James?
No, he is too hot headed, and proned to blunders as such. Paul Robinson is the best replacement if you want to replace him, but at this point, there is no one better.

Jul 12, 2002
Well, I'm going to ignore that you said Denco, and offer some insight myself:

David Seaman is the best England has at the moment, but he isn't getting any younger or better.

Davids James might be better than Seaman, but he does not have the temperment to deal with the pressure of international matches.

Nigel Martyn is a good solid keeper, but he is inexperienced at the International level, and there are some doubts about his reflexes.

Richard Wright was supposed to replace Seaman, but he has performed terribly since moving to Arsenal and since leaving.

Paul Robinson is young and improving, but he is not quite as good as Seaman, and he needs more international experience.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
Perhaps denco can give us some more insight...
I would love to but i think this conversation belongs in the Epl thread and i think they have had a convo like that there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)