Confederations Cup (17 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I dont blame them to be honest, winning back to back African titles. That really is something. I hope you guys can qualify to the WC.

Interesting, its been a while since i've seen your national team play. Them not qualifying to the African cup and all.

Military Service is the biggest pain in the ass ever. Wish you all the luck in that mate.

thanks mohammed, military service is def a pain in the ass!! hopefully i can get exempted i just need to graduate and we will see how that goes.

as for the over-hyping, i do agree back to back tourne's is sth spectacular but i prefer if people here specially the press kept there feet down. yes in africa we r one of the best but u cant just compare some one like abu terika with ronaldinho for example and that has happened!!!thats the annoying thing other than that i wish my country the best!! its a great achievment to be in this confedration cup.

I really cant wait for this tournament to start, I cant remember the last time two arab countries were in this tourny in the same time.(if ever)
it has happened before fred back in 1998 it was both egypt and saudi arabia. we were both in the same group back then with saudi wining that game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
A revenge win over Italy would be sweet. But it's the Confederations Cup and Bradley will probably use it as a "experience gaining" tournament. So Italy will crush our side consisting of Eddie Gavin, Frankie Hejduk, and Sascha Klejstan.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Bradley should use the team that will be playing in the World Cup like a good manager, but he won't do that. He'll use the douche Ching and his cronies.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
How can they select the teams for this one already when they don't know if they will qualify for the WC or not? Arrogance!
If im not mistaken its a selection of the wc host & various continental champions.It has nothing to do with current wc qualification.

OP
The Curr

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
  • Thread Starter #35
    How can they select the teams for this one already when they don't know if they will qualify for the WC or not? Arrogance!
    It's nothing to do with that.

It is contested by the winners of each of the six FIFA confederation championships (CAF, CONMEBOL, UEFA, AFC, OFC, CONCACAF), along with the FIFA World Cup winner and the host country, to bring the number of teams up to eight.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Italy doesn't scare me at all. Why would I be scared of Italy? I know their players more than any other country besides my own.

In 2005 once the World Cup draw came out, I knew right away that the team we could upset in the group would be Italy because of their style of play. I let everybody know that and it actually happened.

This Azzurri is weak compared to the 2006 Italy, so I actually fancy our chances against them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Azzurri is going down, big time. Adu will have a hattrick against Fagio Cannaoldguytraitor and Gianloser Maggotbrottaslobodonmilossevic.

Sep 14, 2003
    I doubt Italy will take this too seriously, I'm not at least. After a long season, I can't see the majority of the players over exerting themselves.

You're right though when you compared us to the team of 2006. Definitely weaker IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)