Confederations Cup (2 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Italy are in Brazil's group for the Confederations Cup along with Egypt and USA in South Africa's 2009 tournament.

The opening game will be South Africa-Iraq, while the second is New Zealand-Spain, both on June 14.

Reigning World Cup holders Italy do not begin their competition until the second day, when they go head-to-head with USA on June 15 at 20.30 local time in Pretoria.

Of course the big draw will be the showdown between Italy and Brazil, the two teams who have won the World Cup more than any other.

That clash is also in Pretoria on June 21 at 20.30 local time. The Azzurri's Group B schedule is completed against reigning African Cup of Nations holders Egypt on June 18 in Johannesburg.

Group A
South Africa
Iraq
New Zealand
Spain

Group B
USA
Italy
Brazil
Egypt

Fixture List
Group A
June 14 South Africa-Iraq (Johannesburg, 14.00 UK time)
June 14 New Zealand-Spain (Rustenburg, 18.30 UK time)
June 17 Spain-Iraq (Bloemfontein, 14.00 UK time)
June 17 South Africa-New Zealand (Rustenburg, 18.30 UK time)
June 20 Iraq-New Zealand (Johannesburg, 18.30 UK time)
June 20 Spain-South Africa (Bloemfontein, 18.30 UK time)

Group B
June 15 Brazil-Egypt (Bloemfontein, 14.00 UK time)
June 15 USA-Italy (Pretoria, 18.30 UK time)
June 18 USA-Brazil (Pretoria, 14.00 UK time)
June 18 Egypt-Italy (Johannesburg, 18.30 UK time)
June 21 Italy-Brazil (Pretoria, 18.30 UK time)
June 21 Egypt-USA (Rustenburg, 18.30 UK time)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
nay they wont man, you guys arent as good as you were 6-8 years ago but still your light years ahead any Arab team barring Egypt.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
oh god, egypt is in a torture group!!!!!!

in all honesty, i hope this shuts up the media over here. they have been over hyping the national team, and al-ahly in general way toooooooo much its like what the brits do to there national team. i guess i wont be surprised if we dont make it thru the group stage not with this group that has italy, and brazil. i think we could draw with the usa though.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
@ Fred the team is developing & there are signs that they are improving gradually.Im impressed with our striker bernard parker,he's had a trial with malmo & it looks promising.

@Ahmed,i have tickets,accomodation & transport ready for you.Get your ass over here.:D

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
@ Fred the team is developing & there are signs that they are improving gradually.Im impressed with our striker bernard parker,he's had a trial with malmo & it looks promising.

@Ahmed,i have tickets,accomodation & transport ready for you.Get your ass over here.:D
looooooooooooooool i'd kill to be there bryone!!!! thanks for the offer bro :pint: :pint: need tog et my ass sorted out regarding military service or else there is no way of leaving this place anytime soon
hope u managed to get things sorted at work. its been ages since we catched up we should catch up some time soon me, u, bozi and rabbie its beeeeeeen ages.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
oh god, egypt is in a torture group!!!!!!

in all honesty, i hope this shuts up the media over here. they have been over hyping the national team, and al-ahly in general way toooooooo much its like what the brits do to there national team. i guess i wont be surprised if we dont make it thru the group stage not with this group that has italy, and brazil. i think we could draw with the usa though.

I dont blame them to be honest, winning back to back African titles. That really is something. I hope you guys can qualify to the WC.

Interesting, its been a while since i've seen your national team play. Them not qualifying to the African cup and all.
looooooooooooooool i'd kill to be there bryone!!!! thanks for the offer bro :pint: :pint: need tog et my ass sorted out regarding military service or else there is no way of leaving this place anytime soon
hope u managed to get things sorted at work. its been ages since we catched up we should catch up some time soon me, u, bozi and rabbie its beeeeeeen ages.
Military Service is the biggest pain in the ass ever. Wish you all the luck in that mate.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I can't wait to read Andy's posts if USA beat Italy.
:tup:

We drew them last time, so hopefully this time we can beat them. They're a weak team now so we should be able to take it to them and their slew of "our team" fans consisting of Greeks, Canadians and Africans.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I really cant wait for this tournament to start, I cant remember the last time two arab countries were in this tourny in the same time.(if ever)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That wasn't a deserved draw for Italy. Only the stupid offside rule saved them from defeat.
That part of the offside rule MUST be changed. Player blocking goalkeeper's view should not be called offside if that particular player won't touch the ball.
I agree. That call was Italy's saving grace because they were in no way better than we were. We shut them down offensively and troubled their backline, something that other teams had trouble doing.

But I actually predicted that we would have our best match against the Azzurri in the World Cup. I knew we would lose to the Czechs because of how they attack, how they could move the ball, something our defense obviously couldn't handle. But Italy's game suits us better because their build up is slower and we can take the game to them via our athleticism and speed, much like EPL sides compete against us. It works for some reason.

Yes me too :D and I want USA to win just to read Andy's posts.

FORZA USA
GOOD MAN!

Forza USA so hardcore until I suicide bomb Materazzi.

Off-topic

Burke, in case of Deutschland - USA, who would you be cheering for?
USA. If he didn't, I'd kill him. And his father would too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)