Coldplay (2 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Black Mamba said:
I thought you would stand up for our music you frigging traitor!
But he is right. My love towards house, trance and progressive logically explains my dislike towards HIP-HOP, ALTERNATIVE, and all the other top 40 crap.

I am biased, and all I can do is smile :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
First of all, I don't really like standard techno, I like very specific variations.

Second, I don't dislike Coldplay, I liked it actually. And I completely agree it doesn't make you gay, that's just the popular opinion here, and I was kidding. Whenever I told anyone where I went last night they just go "wwoooow youre gay".

And I'm not anti-rap at all, it's probably my favorite genre at the moment, I just don't like any eminem other than "The Way I am" and "Forgot about Dre". Eminem is what I liked in 5th grade :D
Thats one thing I hear too often and it doesnt make much sense. I mean I know calling things gay nowadays quite in style and I indeed say use such expressions from time to time, however the only music I would call gay at the moment is anything thats streams from Clay Aiken's mouth, or any other Idol singer to be honest, or country music. Thats the extent to which the gayness travels in the music industry nowadays, thankfully, after fagbands such as backstreet boys when out of business. Coldplay makes great music IMO, however each to his own.

Being from Detroit and an avid rap supporter, I basically have to like Em because nobody comes close to touching him nowadays and you have to give him props. I used to like Kanye West however now I'm more into rappers such as Tech N9ne and the other mc from the Chi Common. Thats some good shit right there.

But in music I have always been a fan of bands such as Coldplay and Incubus and will continue loving such music no matter what anybody from Baku says. :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
RochemBeck said:
But in music I have always been a fan of bands such as Coldplay and Incubus and will continue loving such music no matter what anybody from Baku says. :D
Coldplay is so big in Baku that I am afraid to even go for a visit! :D

That is a decent style of music indeed, I was all over it in the 90s... until I moved out of the US.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
RochemBeck said:
FFS Elnur, what on earth is your problem? :D
I lived in Louisiana for a year, and then Virginia for 3 years. I was surrounded by rednecks left and right! I once even almost bought a pickup truck :D (that was so long ago I don't even wanna remember).

That should explain my feelings towards country :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Elnur_E65 said:
Coldplay is so big in Baku that I am afraid to even go for a visit! :D

That is a decent style of music indeed, I was all over it in the 90s... until I moved out of the US.

lol at least the people back home know what good music is. :D

Just kidding. I have not really been exposed to this new wave of techno as here in the states they really do not have many radio stations devoted to such music. None of my friends know about it as well, so you could say Im sheltered away from techno even though I dont live far from DC. The first time I heard about Erick Morillo, Tiesto, and Deep Dish was when Fabi mentioned them months ago.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
RochemBeck said:
lol at least the people back home know what good music is. :D

Just kidding. I have not really been exposed to this new wave of techno as here in the states they really do not have many radio stations devoted to such music. None of my friends know about it as well, so you could say Im sheltered away from techno even though I dont live far from DC. The first time I heard about Erick Morillo, Tiesto, and Deep Dish was when Fabi mentioned them months ago.
That's true, if I didn't go back home in 1998, chances are that I would probably never discover my deep love towards dance music.

So you're still in DC area? Will you be moving to PA to finish with school?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Elnur_E65 said:
That's true, if I didn't go back home in 1998, chances are that I would probably never discover my deep love towards dance music.

So you're still in DC area? Will you be moving to PA to finish with school?
Nah man I'm still here in Pennsylvania, just like always. I'm moving up to State College next semester to finish my college education at the main Penn State campus, probably taking another three years off of my life. :D

State College will be a fucking awesome place to live though...the prototypical college town and quite close to New York city, only about a three and a half hour drive if I recall correctly. Unfortunately I will probably become an alcoholic though and kill myself due to excessive studying. ;)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
RochemBeck said:
Nah man I'm still here in Pennsylvania, just like always. I'm moving up to State College next semester to finish my college education at the main Penn State campus, probably taking another three years off of my life. :D

State College will be a fucking awesome place to live though...the prototypical college town and quite close to New York city, only about a three and a half hour drive if I recall correctly. Unfortunately I will probably become an alcoholic though and kill myself due to excessive studying. ;)
Ha ha

I am in a large state school myself. It does get pretty rough!

3.5 hours isn't too bad- you can visit me in the City when I move down there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)