Coldplay (3 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
RochemBeck said:
Coldplay is perhaps the best band I have heard since Incubus to be honest. As far as sound goes, nobody even comes close to touching Coldplay as everything fits so intricately together, especially in their lastest album X&Y. I was not much of a fan of this band until I heard the suggestion from an amazing person to buy the CD, and I bought X&Y and become immediately hooked. I do not know if I have ever heard such great music in my life.

Songs such as Fix You, What If, Swallowed By the Seas, and White Shadows are absolutely amazing, all in my top ten songs of the year easily. Not to mention a few others...no other band even comes close to the stuff Coldplay has put out this year. The lyrics are always quite stunning and very deep if you love poetry as much as I do. If any two songs can send chills down your spine, its Fix You and Amsterdam by Coldplay. What a band.
Indeed. :smile:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
RochemBeck said:
Thats one thing I hear too often and it doesnt make much sense. I mean I know calling things gay nowadays quite in style and I indeed say use such expressions from time to time, however the only music I would call gay at the moment is anything thats streams from Clay Aiken's mouth, or any other Idol singer to be honest, or country music. Thats the extent to which the gayness travels in the music industry nowadays, thankfully, after fagbands such as backstreet boys when out of business. Coldplay makes great music IMO, however each to his own.

Being from Detroit and an avid rap supporter, I basically have to like Em because nobody comes close to touching him nowadays and you have to give him props. I used to like Kanye West however now I'm more into rappers such as Tech N9ne and the other mc from the Chi Common. Thats some good shit right there.

But in music I have always been a fan of bands such as Coldplay and Incubus and will continue loving such music no matter what anybody from Baku says. :D

I'm seeing tech n9ne and andre nickatina live on friday :cool:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Elnur_E65 said:
That's right ;)

How's the weather in Cali in April?

varies. sometimes its pouring and sometimes its nice. i would more reccomend may/june if you're a summer person

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
RochemBeck said:
Sounds great man, I will surely travel to the city...probably a lot.

Its fucking awesome you will be living in Manhattan.
Hmmm... until I can afford a two bedroom on the upper east side, I think I'm gonna live in Astoria (Queens), but it's just one stop from the City.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
varies. sometimes its pouring and sometimes its nice. i would more reccomend may/june if you're a summer person
In LA is it warm enough to swim in the ocean in mid April?

And in what part of the state is all the Spring Break action?

Sep 28, 2002
Fliakis said:
coldplay are great. but too monotonic. never heard the whole parachutes but from what i've heard i think it's better then the rush of... but anyway, i think radiohead are ebtter. much better ;)
cant believe i said that :D

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Elnur_E65 said:

no idea, ask someone from LA, i live at least 5 or 6 hours away. spring break action, if your talking about major parties, is more in the south around san diego, but realistically 80% of everyone goes to cancun/cabo in mexico anyways, that's where it's at.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
no problem, theres more action in LA/san diego in the summer than spring. either way, just find a college campus to hangout around, there will be plenty of shit to do

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Elnur_E65 said:

LA is on a southern current, so the ocean is normally pretty warm (though not quite as warm as, say, the Southeast Coast of the U.S.).

You go north of Santa Barbara, and the current shifts from a warm, southerly one from Mexico to a cold, northerly one from Alaska. North of Santa Barbara, you pretty much need a wetsuit all year round to go in the water.

As for Spring Break action, strangely -- I know of nothing much in California itself, really. It might be more in Arizona, etc., but California isn't known so much as a Spring Break hangout the way that some places are in the East. Perhaps because the winters aren't nearly as bad, so it's not that big of a deal. San Diego and south of Rosarito, Mexico are my only guesses.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
swag said:
LA is on a southern current, so the ocean is normally pretty warm (though not quite as warm as, say, the Southeast Coast of the U.S.).

You go north of Santa Barbara, and the current shifts from a warm, southerly one from Mexico to a cold, northerly one from Alaska. North of Santa Barbara, you pretty much need a wetsuit all year round to go in the water.

As for Spring Break action, strangely -- I know of nothing much in California itself, really. It might be more in Arizona, etc., but California isn't known so much as a Spring Break hangout the way that some places are in the East. Perhaps because the winters aren't nearly as bad, so it's not that big of a deal. San Diego and south of Rosarito, Mexico are my only guesses.
Thanks for the info ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)