Claudio Ranieri (3 Viewers)

Dec 26, 2004
I was referring to the club as a whole, primarily our finances.

We couldn't have signed Diego without a couple of years of CL money.
How can we basically thank Ranieri for CL money/football?

Del Piero, Buffon, Trezeguet and Nedved deserve a much more credit for our quick return to CL than Ranieri.

As for next year CL you must thank the entire Serie A because even the best teams in the league is hardly UEFA cup materials, so we can't suck more can we?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Under Ranieri we have lost one game out of twelve against Milan, Inter and Roma.

That is pretty damn good.
And how many tied? Lets count how many times we have tied and conceded stupid goals since he has been our coach. If losing to those 3 mentioned means winning the league or CL then fuck it, we lose to them. That doesn't mean anything at the end of the season.

Besides, playing those kinds of teams is motivating to our players whom don't need any idiot on the sidelines to tell them what to do. Games like today players look to kill and win, simple as that. To me that is when a coach has to sit back and make the right substitution unlike CR today. Games like today IMO are easier to coach than any other because for a change the players go out with more motivation and desire to win than against a lower level team where the players aren't as motivated and the coach needs to ensure tactical awareness. Games with less emotion is where a good coach comes into play IMO.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Absolutely, Luca, but credit where it is due; Ranieri has done well against the big teams.
Sorry, IMO the team has done better against the big teams. If it was the coach then the team would carry that same enthusiasm against easier opponents.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If winning against the small teams is all that matters when it comes to winning a Scudetto, why are you bothering to crucify him for a draw against Milan?
First off Red I am not attacking you, so please don't think so. Just trying to counter your thoughts so hopefully you aren't taking it personal or getting mad. Honestly 99.9 percent of the time I love your posts. Just these few I question:

Winning against the small team ABSOLUTELY matters in the league title, even winning against the big teams is HUGE because it gives a team breathing room when (or if) they slip up against a small team. That is exactly our case, we may have beat the big teams this year but have been disgraceful against the lower teams, at least in the second half of the season. That's when a good coach comes into play (and I am sure you agree) that Ranieri for some reason has been unable to motivate or out class lower level teams especially in the second half of the year.

I am bothering to crucify, well less dramatic just fire CR because he just doesn't seem to carry that winning ambition throughout the game. His starting eleven might look to win but with his subs its like he changes his mentality at halftime or something. He only uses 2 subs. I have lost count how many times he does that and leaves games winners like Gio and Trez on the bench. No one except CR knows why.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
obviously, the hallmark of a League-winning team is its ability to get the maximum points from the smaller teams, especially away from home...what Red is asking is that does Ranieri not deserve credit for the team's victories? or is that all down to the players? in that case, why does he get ALL the criticism when we do not get the desired result?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Absolutely, Luca, but credit where it is due; Ranieri has done well against the big teams.
If we'd lost the big matches, had won against the relegation zone teams, and had had a mixed record of wins and defeats against the mid table teams and still we had the same points we have right now, I'd have given credit to Ranieri and would have said that he's done a good job considering the mediocre team we had this season. But it doesn't make sense to me that a coach is able to lead his team to win against the big teams but is clueless in collecting points against the small teams. The only reason for that could be the motivation our team have had in big matches which was a result of Calciopoli. I don't give credit to Ranieri for this. I, in fact, blame him for being inept in motivating players for small games which is what a "good" coach is supposed to do. We've made up for both the players lack of talent and Ranieri's lack of coaching abilities by inspiration and heart we've showed in big matches and it has little to do with Ranieri.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
obviously, the hallmark of a League-winning team is its ability to get the maximum points from the smaller teams, especially away from home...what Red is asking is that does Ranieri not deserve credit for the team's victories? or is that all down to the players? in that case, why does he get ALL the criticism when we do not get the desired result?
But how often has CR made that spot-on decision to bring a player on to win us the game? When has CR seems to motivate his team with sideline antics that boost the players motivation? My question is, when has the team been more motivated with him on the sidelines vs just flat out wanted to win? CR has not made many game winning decisions this year, to me its been world class strikes from DP or a flash of magic from Camo to connect with a striker, or a moment of brilliance from a defender scoring on a corner or being in the right place at the right time. Not very often do I see a starting 11 perfect for a match. When has anyone on here said, (given our available players due to injuries) that startin 11 is fucking spot-on perfect for this game? There always seem to be some kind of flaw that we all seem to see and during games where we could go for the win he doesn't use that 3rd sub. I feel that only when we are losing would he use that 3rd sub as a fail-safe to avoid defeat.

What Red is saying would make sense if CR had some tactical sense and had proven that this year which IMO he hasn't yet.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Do you honestly believe that when we don't win it is all down to Ranieri and nothing to do with the players?
I know you like to play devil's advocate when it comes to Ranieri and Juventus but let me ask you this. What do you think is the job of a manager of a big team like Juventus?

I would have thought it is for him to motivate his team against the smaller sides as against the big sides, they do not need much motivation just a bit of tactical shuffle.

It is easier for a manager to lose you matches with his tactics than for him to win you matches as thats really down to the players.

No matter how good you are, if you are not motivated, it is difficult to win matches and thats what the manager is for.

Judging by his comments after matches, Ranieri does not seem irate after drawing matches or losing against sides that we shouldn't unlike what Fergie, Capello, Lippi or Mourinho would do to his players if that happens.

Same malaise falls upon Ancelotti and Spaletti as their post match comments are usually annoying if you are a fan of their respective clubs.

Ranieri as you have stated has done well against the bigger sides in all his teams mainly because he has not had to fire up his players, they are already fired up cos of the occasion and of cos those teams do not put every man behind the ball as thats our job so we have space to exploit in those games unlike when we meet the smaller sides and have to open them up, we use the wrong tactics, wron personnel and because the players are not suitably motivated, concentration is not absolute so we have lost goals and points

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
But how often has CR made that spot-on decision to bring a player on to win us the game? When has CR seems to motivate his team with sideline antics that boost the players motivation? My question is, when has the team been more motivated with him on the sidelines vs just flat out wanted to win? CR has not made many game winning decisions this year, to me its been world class strikes from DP or a flash of magic from Camo to connect with a striker, or a moment of brilliance from a defender scoring on a corner or being in the right place at the right time. Not very often do I see a starting 11 perfect for a match. When has anyone on here said, (given our available players due to injuries) that startin 11 is fucking spot-on perfect for this game? There always seem to be some kind of flaw that we all seem to see and during games where we could go for the win he doesn't use that 3rd sub. I feel that only when we are losing would he use that 3rd sub as a fail-safe to avoid defeat.

What Red is saying would make sense if CR had some tactical sense and had proven that this year which IMO he hasn't yet.
are sideline antics necessary to motivate your team? Lippi and Capello were never that type...but even now, you can still hear Ranieri occasionally shout instructions to the players...also I don't think lack of motivation is the problem...as it has always been in the case of Juve, it is lack of concentration, which leads to some really bone-headed mistakes, especially in defence...how many times have we seen this season that Juve were leading going into the final 15 mins, just for someone to commit a defensive howler to lose us the 2 points/game?

as for the perfect starting XI, it may seem to us that a certain lineup is perfect, but Ranieri obviously knows the team better than us, so perhaps he has his reasons...that being said, it hasn't worked out and yes his non-selection of Giovinco is STILL a mystery

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I know you like to play devil's advocate when it comes to Ranieri and Juventus
Shit.

I've been found out. :D

Let me ask you this. What do you think is the job of a manager of a big team like Juventus?

I would have thought it is for him to motivate his team against the smaller sides as against the big sides, they do not need much motivation just a bit of tactical shuffle.

It is easier for a manager to lose you matches with his tactics than for him to win you matches as thats really down to the players.

No matter how good you are, if you are not motivated, it is difficult to win matches and thats what the manager is for.

Judging by his comments after matches, Ranieri does not seem irate after drawing matches or losing against sides that we shouldn't unlike what Fergie, Capello, Lippi or Mourinho would do to his players if that happens.

Same malaise falls upon Ancelotti and Spaletti as their post match comments are usually annoying if you are a fan of their respective clubs.

Ranieri as you have stated has done well against the bigger sides in all his teams mainly because he has not had to fire up his players, they are already fired up cos of the occasion and of cos those teams do not put every man behind the ball as thats our job so we have space to exploit in those games unlike when we meet the smaller sides and have to open them up, we use the wrong tactics, wron personnel and because the players are not suitably motivated, concentration is not absolute so we have lost goals and points
I don't disagree with you.

I just don't think Ranieri has done as badly tactically or motivationally as some would have you believe.

That said, I don't think he has done particularly well at either aspect.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
are sideline antics necessary to motivate your team? Lippi and Capello were never that type...but even now, you can still hear Ranieri occasionally shout instructions to the players...also I don't think lack of motivation is the problem...as it has always been in the case of Juve, it is lack of concentration, which leads to some really bone-headed mistakes, especially in defence...how many times have we seen this season that Juve were leading going into the final 15 mins, just for someone to commit a defensive howler to lose us the 2 points/game?

as for the perfect starting XI, it may seem to us that a certain lineup is perfect, but Ranieri obviously knows the team better than us, so perhaps he has his reasons...that being said, it hasn't worked out and yes his non-selection of Giovinco is STILL a mystery
I am not meaning to run up and down the sideline as "antic" might suggest. But Capello/Lippi had a whole different quality they were dealing with. CR does not have as many classy and intelligent players as the first two mentioned did. Besides, their starting elevens, substitutions and communication skills were a bit better than CRs. I think their mere presence was felt more than CR. I think they had more to teach players than CR does as well, which is why they are national team coaches and I don't think CR will ever reach that pinnacle.

Now in your last paragraph with starting 11. Do you think Gio should have sat the bench with marchionni starting at LM? Do you think that was the best route to take? Sure he has his reasons, but are his reasons right? I don't think so. 2 subs AGAIN against an old Milan that is a man down?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
like I said, it's a mystery...would dearly like an explanation for Seba's inactivity...I don't buy the "does not contribute defensively" argument

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I know you like to play devil's advocate when it comes to Ranieri and Juventus but let me ask you this. What do you think is the job of a manager of a big team like Juventus?

Absolutely spot on, Denco.

People need to read this as well and stop complaining about the truth.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ranieri deserves no credit whatsoever.

Destabilzing the dressing room, instilling doubt and destroying players morale, blatant favoritism, questionable tactics, incomprehensible substitutions, and farcical post-match interviews.

I thank the players who have put up with his shit, and those who have waited patiently for the opportunities that never came their way. I admire those who keep fighting and trying to preserve the image of you.

As for Ranieri, I only have this to say, and please forgive me for having to do it in Arabic, as it somewhat more forceful and powerful:

Kos Omark ya Ranieri ya ibn el mitnaka.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)