Claudio Ranieri (11 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Absolutely, Luca, but credit where it is due; Ranieri has done well against the big teams.
Of course and I know you won't disagree with me when I say we have to stand back and look at the whole picture to give credit. A greatly painted nose on a poor portrait doesn't make a good picture.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Of course and I know you won't disagree with me when I say we have to stand back and look at the whole picture to give credit. A greatly painted nose on a poor portrait doesn't make a good picture.
Speaking of not so great pictures.. your avatar could use work :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How big a picture are we talking?

Each individual performance over the two seasons or finishing second and (probably) third?

Because those finishes are adequate at worst, given the players at his disposal.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
How big a picture are we talking?

Each individual performance over the two seasons or finishing second and (probably) third?

Because those finishes are adequate at worst, given the players at his disposal.
If we take the postitions soley then yes they are adequate, just if we do finish 3rd as it is no real acheivement given the lack of threat from teams outside of Milan.
Each individual performance then the scale tips against ranieri.
I get your point we have had some good ones and not so good but there is more in favor of the not so good. And for a club trying to get places we need to start ticking more boxes on the checklist.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If we take the postitions soley then yes they are adequate, just if we do finish 3rd as it is no real acheivement given the lack of threat from teams outside of Milan.
Each individual performance then the scale tips against ranieri.
I get your point we have had some good ones and not so good but there is more in favor of the not so good. And for a club trying to get places we need to start ticking more boxes on the checklist.
Sure.

That is why Ranieri's time is up.

What was his record against Reggina, Cagliari, Lecce, Chievo.... again?
You missed my point.

Dec 26, 2004
Another season of CL qualification and the club gradually getting stronger.

Reason to abuse everyone at the club and a lot of fans, isn't it?
2007/2008

Buffon
Grygera Legro Chiellini Molinaro
Camo Sissiok Zanetti Nedved
Del Piero Trezeguet​

2008/2009

Buffon
Grygera Legro Chiellini Molinaro
Camo Sissiok Marchisio Nedved
Del Piero Amauri​

By stronger you are certainly not referring to our starting eleven.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I was referring to the club as a whole, primarily our finances.

We couldn't have signed Diego without a couple of years of CL money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)