Claudio Ranieri (8 Viewers)

Mar 28, 2007
Benvenuto Damiano

Il numero 1 dei numero 2. E’ Christian Damiano, il vice di Claudio Ranieri che dal prossimo 11 luglio affiancherà il mister sulla panchina della Juventus, che oggi ha rilasciato un’intervista pubblicata dal quotidiano 'L’Equipe’. “Alcuni devono pensare che ho sempre preferito vivere all’ombra di un allenatore… Ma io – dice Damiano parlando della sua esperienza di 'vice’ – preferisco dire che ho avuto la fortuna di vivere alla luce di questi uomini che stanno sopra di me, o piuttosto accanto a me. Perché non mi hanno mai fatto sentire in seconda fila”.

Nell’articolo, il corrispondente da Torino del giornale sportivo francese racconta la lunga esperienza di Damiano, maturato nella federazione francese, dove ha guidato gente del calibro di Henry, Anelka, Gallas, Silvestre con i quali la Francia vinse gli Europei Under 18 nel 1996 e giunse nei quarti del Mondiale Under 20 l’anno successivo.

E Ranieri? Si conoscono dal 2000 ed entrambi hanno alle spalle una lunga esperienza inglese (Damiano ha lavorato al Fulham e al Southampton), ma hanno cominciato a collaborare solo a Parma. “Nel 2005 avevamo fatto un patto – spiega Christian – per cui avrei seguito Claudio ovunque fosse andato”. Salvato il Parma, ecco la Juventus. Benvenuto monsieur Christian.

juventus.com

our new asst coach. deputy to ranieri. he served in liverpool, fulham and southamton before. and he's a french.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Just a thought, since Arsene Wenger is supposedly available, you guys think the board will screw over Claudio? Or would you prefer the tinkerman eitherway?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I'm afraid I don't get it.
I meant that the management decided to make the first day of training on your birthday as a gift for you because you watched one match in the Olimpico. What if you watch more than one match?

If you don't get it, forget it:D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
ßömßäяdîëя;1379089 said:
I think that you should change your name to "Slingblade" and be a retarded killer from Alabama or wherever that flippin' movie takes place.

Yea, and in this version I can check out of the mental hospital to let you check in. It's based in Arkansas by the way, Busengrabscher.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Gazzetta dello Sport

Ranieri: ‘My Juve will be a pain for everyone:D

‘Champions League place is our objective and I’ll use a trident

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Sunday 24 June, 2007

Claudio Ranieri discusses a trident attack, aiming for a Champions League place and why Juventus will be “a real pain for everyone.”

The former Parma and Chelsea boss will lead the Bianconeri back into Serie A after their year of purgatory in the wake of Calciopoli and he has ambitious plans for 2007-08.

“At the very least we are working towards a Champions League spot. When we met the club immediately said there was the money to bring them back to where this side was accustomed to being – as high up the table as possible. The directors kept their word,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport.’

This week alone Juve have signed Sergio Almiron from Empoli, Lyon’s Tiago Mendes, World Cup winner Vincenzo Iaquinta, Cristian Molinaro of Siena, Piacenza’s Antonio Nocerino and Domenico Criscito from Genoa.

“Both Tiago and Almiron have the technical abilities, but also the determination and work rate needed in that midfield role. They have the personality of a leader.

“These players mix the offensive and defensive play and are also as versatile as I had requested. They’re two real Juve players and that comforts me, as the midfield is the brain of the team.”

The Tinkerman is already planning several options in his line-up for next season and the transfer campaign isn’t over yet.

“Considering their versatility we could have Almiron, Tiago and Cristiano Zanetti in a three-man midfield. Or Pavel Nedved, who can play a central role with those two.

“As for defence, I am more than covered on the left with Molinaro, who I faced at Siena and noted he guarantees great pressure down that flank, Criscito and Giorgio Chiellini. On the right I’m fine with Alessandro Birindelli and Jonathan Zebina.”

With David Trezeguet refusing the latest contract extension, the shape of the Juventus attack is up in the air.

“Why can’t Iaquinta play alongside Alessandro Del Piero and maybe even Trezeguet? I am curious to see what the pre-season period will tell me,” explained Ranieri.

“I have been tracking Iaquinta for six years and complimented him after a friendly between Udinese and Chelsea, as even if he was a little rough, you could see he had the characteristics of a great player.

“In fact, now he is a World Cup winner. I like him because he never gives in and fights for every ball. This is the Juve spirit of the warrior that we need.”

The ultimate Bianconeri fighter is Nedved, but next week the player will announce whether he’ll retire or continue playing for another year.

“Like everyone, I hope he’ll stay. He suffered in Serie B, so why should he not take this team in hand and lead them back into Serie A? I think he will continue, as he is like those batteries that never run out of charge.”

There are reports this weekend that Juventus have approached Fabio Cannavaro to tempt him back to Turin after a year at Real Madrid. Ranieri’s comments on their future transfer plans suggest this is the case.

“We haven’t finished yet, as we are still missing something in defence,” explained the Coach.

“A central defender needs to be a leader, someone who commands the area, has the tactical intelligence to point the way and allow the other defenders to be aggressive.”

The current World and European Player of the Year certainly seems to fit the bill.

Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)