Claudio Ranieri (7 Viewers)

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I agree he has a point to prove but at least give him a chance
he was alright with Chelsea and Valencia( the first time) and he saved Parma from relegation
could have been worse

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not to anyone in particular, Snoop. I just see a lot Ranieri bashing is going on and I don't think it's legit to do so when he hasn't coached one game yet.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
we should make DP the goddamn manager of this team-

from channel4

Del Piero fears duo exit Friday 15 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex Del Piero has admitted that losing David Trezeguet and Mauro Camoranesi would be a massive blow to Juve on their Serie A return.

The Bianconeri have been in contract talks with both internationals, but it does seem as if they will be leaving the Turin giants.

The Frenchman has made it clear that he wants out before his contract expires in June 2008, while Camoranesi wants a bigger salary before he puts pen to paper on an agreement until 2009.

“If Trezeguet and Camoranesi were to leave then we would be in big trouble,” said Del Piero in an interview to Sportweek.

However, it does seem that the Bianconeri will have a new look to them next season with or without the duo – even if the captain has urged the club to spend wisely.

“I have my own idea on how I would plan the next transfer campaign,” continued the former Padova youngster.

“If it is true that we have a £35m budget, then I would target two or three players who would allow us to improve our quality, rather than spend the entire amount on one big name.

“Gianluigi Buffon? His contract extension was a delicate issue and his decision to stay filled us with enthusiasm.”

Club chiefs have spoken about a five-year plan to get the outfit back to where they were before Calciopoli, but Pinturicchio is eager for success. “We can’t afford to take that long,” he noted.

The No 10 stayed loyal to Madama following their demotion and he insists that Serie B football served him well.

“I feel stronger and I think people now like Juventus more when compared to the past,” continued the Italian World Cup winner.

“I first understood that we were in Serie B when we arrived at Cesena for the Coppa Italia. There were no supporters in front of our hotel waiting for us and it was clear that something had changed.”

:agree: :pint:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Pronounce myself on his character? Dude, it's nothing personal. I rate him as a coach, but not on the level of the team I support. That's all there is to it. What's wrong if I love my team more than their new coach? Dont see no harm with that.

A bigger choker? Well, yes, considering he's made one semi final and we've made seven finals, I guess the scope to choke is greater. Despite which, we've got two CL's in the bag and 29 oh sorry, 27 scudetti to boot. Let's just call ourselves successful chokers then. :)
I really can't believe you guys compare Ranieri and Juve :disagree: That's really impossible to do :disagree:

Let's face it:

Ranieri was a controversial, yet understandable choice. We're in the middle of June, saying he's no good is pretty much bollocks right now. Give the guy a fair chance FFS.
:faq1: :agree:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Dont know if you've noticed, but Ranieri is better remembered for his time before Abramovich. That's because he always does a good job when there is nothing expected of him.

When you dont have trophies, you always have excuses. I think Capello is scum, cant stand the sight of that mofo, but he has tasted success and he knows how to achieve it. Everywhere he goes, without having the excuse of needing that 'one more season.' You see the difference? What were Roma, before Capello took over - he won with them. What were Real Madrid all of the last four seasons, a big joke? But Capello came in and brought with him more than a few players and made the team 'mesh' and has all but got the job done in one season. Why? Because he knows what it takes to achieve success. Isn't it ironic, that you say Ranieri needed one more season at both clubs to make them a success?! It does show some kind of pattern.
well, personally i wouldnt say hes remembered more for his time before, infact i would say the opposite but you are entitled to your own opinion.

as for capello you cant compare him to ranieri as he is by far the better coach, it isnt even questionable, but roma were actually a really good team before he took over, they had fantastic players : batistuta, cafu, totti, aldair, samuel, emerson to name a few, so its not like they were at all a poor team, as for real madrid they were also a fantastic set of players, i am not taking the credit away from him because hes a great manager who always gets the players to tick, but he hasnt exactly been starved of resources during his management career the same way that ranieri has been, all i'm saying is lets see the guy in action before we write him off

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Not to anyone in particular, Snoop. I just see a lot Ranieri bashing is going on and I don't think it's legit to do so when he hasn't coached one game yet.
Alright. Cause it came right after my post, I would be pissed If someone would think of me that way, that I am bashing him after all my efforts to explain my opinion. I wouldn't want Ranieri here before he was appointed, he wasn't the best option, I still have my doubts, I can't believe in him blindly that he will take us to the best place, but also I don't believe the opposite, that he will fail, he has my full support, and I will be more pissed if he gets fired in a season (than Didier's treatment).

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Ranieri will be a hit, Secco is the new Moggi our beloved Juve will kick ass and take the title home
call me crazy but I still hope for this all to happen

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I really hate it when people right off our staff, be it player or coach. We have to be patient. This is Juve and we are one big Family. Family members support each other so it's only right that Ranieri has our full support. I'm talking to those people who are stil bitching about him being our coach. Instead of writing bashing negative post how about much he sucks, how about showing your support for once. A negative post can ruin many people's moods. Besides all you bashers will look like idiots if Ranieri succeeds in his goals to bring the club towards the top again.

as a matter of fact, I'm bookmarking this thread and the people who bashed Ranieri just in case Ranieri wins Title/C.L with us. I would like to see what the bashing party has to say then

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Del piero is a player like anyone else! Once u start giving extra status in a club it becomes a time to question is he just a player? Or should his job description b player/director. End of day they will let him speak of course but when it comes to business matters its no longer his business.

Tore

Jun 13, 2007
This year has been a very strange year for Juventus! It is not easy for the new board to take over in the situation Juventus has been in. But I do belive that Secco, Blanc and the others will do quite allright. Almost everything with Juventus has changed, we lost some players, two coaches and we need to build up a new reputation, so give Ranieri and the rest of the board a chance. After all, they want also Juventus to succeed

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
This is to all those who feel Ranieri is being bashed in this thread. That is not the case. What is being analyzed here, is his potential as a coach at Juventus. Stating opinions about his weaknesses should not be referred to as bashing as that would mean we're just being oblivious to certain issues which exist and could be potentially damaging to our chances. For my part, I completely agree with anyone here who feels it's wrong to write someone off, without giving them an opportunity. As a man, I think he's rather affable, but that doesn't necessarily make him the right choice. Again, I hope for the sake of my team, that time and the tinkerman prove me wrong.

May 4, 2004
This is to all those who feel Ranieri is being bashed in this thread. That is not the case. What is being analyzed here, is his potential as a coach at Juventus. Stating opinions about his weaknesses should not be referred to as bashing as that would mean we're just being oblivious to certain issues which exist and could be potentially damaging to our chances. For my part, I completely agree with anyone here who feels it's wrong to write someone off, without giving them an opportunity. As a man, I think he's rather affable, but that doesn't necessarily make him the right choice. Again, I hope for the sake of my team, that time and the tinkerman prove me wrong.
WE all hope that.. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)