Claudio Ranieri (10 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Hey, if somebody floats the thought, you just address them. Jacques, gotta admit though, I'm loving the optimist in you.
What optimism? Did you see me saying that we will have a golden period ahead of us? The thing is I am only disliking the pessimism that is floating around. This does not make me an optimist.

Same thing snoop mentioned the other day, last season it was if you don't bash Capello then you love him. Let's not make the same thing this time, if one is NOT pessimist it does not mean that one is optimist.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Answer: Wow, a semi-final spot. If I remember correctly, Juve did make the finals the year before Ranieri's biggest achievement to date.

What you really should be asking, who won the CL last? Juve or Ranieri?

well you re the one to talk about juve's "winning ways" and ranieri's underachieving ones. Please you dont know the guy have never met him have no clue how he coaches his players yet pronounce yourself on his character, rich!. And between us if anything Juve is the bigger choker in that contest.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
@ Jacques: Dude you're not wrong if you are being an optimist/realist/pessimist. I understand your angst against what's floating around, but you need to understand the cause of that is also because fans love this team as much as you do. And words only count for that much. People can say what they want, at the end of the day, it's what's going to happen on the pitch. So you can take consolation from that fact.

@ vOnAm: In a perfect world, I would've opted for Lippi and a third stint, because he'd have brought us upto speed a lot quicker, but more importantly he would've brought in new players and instilled the winning mentality in them to lay the foundations of another winning cycle. I've been all for Vialli since the time Lippi quit. I think he could've done great things with us. Call it instinct, or whatever, I do think he had the personality and temperament to coach a time like ours. Mourinho also I feel, would've fit beautifully.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
well you re the one to talk about juve's "winning ways" and ranieri's underachieving ones. Please you dont know the guy have never met him have no clue how he coaches his players yet pronounce yourself on his character, rich!. And between us if anything Juve is the bigger choker in that contest.

Pronounce myself on his character? Dude, it's nothing personal. I rate him as a coach, but not on the level of the team I support. That's all there is to it. What's wrong if I love my team more than their new coach? Dont see no harm with that.

A bigger choker? Well, yes, considering he's made one semi final and we've made seven finals, I guess the scope to choke is greater. Despite which, we've got two CL's in the bag and 29 oh sorry, 27 scudetti to boot. Let's just call ourselves successful chokers then. :)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
@ Baggio: I think many of us here prefered Lippi, even the board too. But he beacame an unrealistic target as soon as he said he will not quit his sabatical just yet. Mourinho, although is almost a guarentee for success, would have been a very hard target for our board, and thus I think is less likely to have come anyways.

Vialli would probably have been more likely to come, but then again, when u compare Ranieri and Vialli as caoches, whats the big difference?

I think we did alright, by signing Ranieri, ofcourse I would have liked Prandelli or Spalleti, heck Delio Rossi. But I guess out of all the realistic available options, Ranieri is an acceptable one. The mentality thing u brought up is a threat, but I'll be optimistic nonetheless.

Just being able to watch Juve again EVERY WEEK is a great satisfaction for me, regardless whether they win or not.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Just being able to WEEKLY watch Juve again is a satisfaction for me, regardless whether they win or not.

I think Spalletti would've been good, but the latter three were unrealistic targets. Dude, I don't know about the Vialli - Ranieri comparison on the temperament front, just feel he had that little bit extra. But what's done is done. And no doubt, watching Juve again, is going to be orgasmic. Regardless of whether they win or not. :cool:

PS: Now, let's just hope we can keep Trezegol.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Pronounce myself on his character? Dude, it's nothing personal. I rate him as a coach, but not on the level of the team I support. That's all there is to it. What's wrong if I love my team more than their new coach? Dont see no harm with that.

A bigger choker? Well, yes, considering he's made one semi final and we've made seven finals, I guess the scope to choke is greater. Despite which, we've got two CL's in the bag and 29 oh sorry, 27 scudetti to boot. Let's just call ourselves successful chokers then. :)

Simply because you re not discussing his tactical ways but rather his psycholigical mantle. The guy can coach period.

and for CL pay attention to "in that contest" in my reply, Losing to dortmund a zidaneless madrid and failing to reach the semis 2 years in a row with arguably the best squad in the world, as much as i hate saying it we are chokers in CL.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I don't get comparing Juve to Ranieri, u could compare Capello to him?

Anyways, strategies don't only include selecting the right players and playing the right formation, its also about motivating and a whole lot of psychological mind games with ur players and ur opponents.

I do like Ranieri's stlye of football back at Chelsea, can't say the same of his second stint at Valencia. So at the very least Im hoping for some entertainment on my weekends.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
@ Baggio: I know how much u love Trezegoal, so u better keep ur fingers crossed. My heart isn't as attached to him, so losing him aslong as we gain adequate replacement would be acceptable. But I'd rather we keep Trez too.

We'll find out in the next days huh?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't get comparing Juve to Ranieri, u could compare Capello to him?

Anyways, strategies don't only include selecting the right players and playing the right formation, its also about motivating and a whole lot of psychological mind games with ur players and ur opponents.

I do like Ranieri's stlye of football back at Chelsea, can't say the same of his second stint at Valencia. So at the very least Im hoping for some entertainment on my weekends.
the comparison was prompted when some mentioned ranieri not being quite up there as far as winners go to coach juve. The fact is juve hasnt been scaring anyone for a while on the european stage.

you ruined your last sentence with "at the very least part", without it that woulda been one the wisest things i ve read here.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Simply because you re not discussing his tactical ways but rather his psycholigical mantle. The guy can coach period.

Yes, but when you're rebuilding a young squad, then your psychological mantle is as important as your tactics if not more. Remember, tactics can only do so much, but when it comes to action on the pitch what distinguishes your team from your opponent is their habit to win. Have you followed Inter this season, they've had so many last minute goals - thats because they developed that mental ability and created a winning habit, so when it came to the crux and they were a goal down in the dying moments of the game, they didnt let go and would fight till they got the equaliser. Or that winning goal. It's quite like what Juve has had all these years.

and for CL pay attention to "in that contest" in my reply, Losing to dortmund a zidaneless madrid and failing to reach the semis 2 years in a row with arguably the best squad in the world, as much as i hate saying it we are chokers in CL.

What are you on about? You're a prime example of the weight of expectation I speak of. Yes, we should've won more than we did, when we made four finals in five seasons, three consecutively. That's an achievement that deserves far more credit than you offer. But given that we've not achieved what we should've in no way should lend Ranieri any consolation, because if we were 'chokers' then, it's unlikely he's going to make us a world beater in the CL now. Unlikely, not impossible. Hope I'm not pronouncing on his character again. :oops:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
@ Baggio: I know how much u love Trezegoal, so u better keep ur fingers crossed. My heart isn't as attached to him, so losing him aslong as we gain adequate replacement would be acceptable. But I'd rather we keep Trez too.

We'll find out in the next days huh?

Yea bro. 140 goals in seven seasons is special man. With one season out injured. So for all practical purposes that's 140 goals in six seasons. That guy has a special place in my Juve heart. We may get a Huntelaar or whatever, but we're reinforcing areas that dont need any reinforcement. And I so dont want to get started about the board. :disagree:

We will find out in the next few days. Rumours are already gaining speed that we're going to be swapping him for Gilberto Silva at Arsenal. :(

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
the comparison was prompted when some mentioned ranieri not being quite up there as far as winners go to coach juve. The fact is juve hasnt been scaring anyone for a while on the european stage.

you ruined your last sentence with "at the very least part", without it that woulda been one the wisest things i ve read here.
The very least part is meant that I conceed to accept whatever results (aside from relegation and bottom place finish) Juve can get. I am really just happy to have a game to look forward to on Sunday.

I haven't really followed football as much since last season. Still watched games, but not with any enthusiasm.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Yea bro. 140 goals in seven seasons is special man. With one season out injured. So for all practical purposes that's 140 goals in six seasons. That guy has a special place in my Juve heart. We may get a Huntelaar or whatever, but we're reinforcing areas that dont need any reinforcement. And I so dont want to get started about the board. :disagree:

We will find out in the next few days. Rumours are already gaining speed that we're going to be swapping him for Gilberto Silva at Arsenal. :(
I agree, a Trez replacement should've been next to last to look for. But I guess the board didn't want him here, because we are definately getting somebody new. Don't know if thats Iaquinta or someone else.

We are still yet to be linked with creative midfielders aside from VDV. We're linked to many midfielders and defensive ones at that. Considering Ranieri is just hired, he's probably only begun to make a wishlist.

He's probably halfway reviewing our serie B game tapes.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
No one is saying Ranieri would do better, all we are saying is that Ranieri is the current coach is it is way too early to label him as a loser. Let's wait and see what he'll do.

Snoop, yes. Concerning the board this is something I would give a negative point on, not trying to keep him. Not because he's Deschamps, not because he's better than any other, not because anything related to the ex or current coach but only because of the fact that we have had three different coaches in a matter of one one year. Very Interish.
exactly, and specially at a time everything was going good, where everyone was satisfied, and hopeful for the future.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Answer: Wow, a semi-final spot. If I remember correctly, Juve did make the finals the year before Ranieri's biggest achievement to date.

What you really should be asking, who won the CL last? Juve or Ranieri?
or who made the CL final last, Didier or Ranieri? Did Ranieri make the final btw?

This is just non-sense btw, I mean what is the point of these questions?:shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)