Claudio Ranieri (10 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Ranieri wants Nedved to continue his journey at Juventus, at the same time he hinted that he would use a trident in front. This means that he's already included Nedved in his future plan. Anyways, after reading the previous article, I think Ranieri may go with a formation and a starting eleven like the following:

Zebina - Grygera - Milito - Chiellini/Molinaro

Tiago - Zanetti - Nedved

Iaquinta - Trez/... - Del Piero​

Genarally, I'm not a fan of 4-3-3, as I think it lacks defensive depth in most cases. Maybe the team will adapt to it quickly, hopefully. Also, it seems that Iaquinta will be a regular starter as a wing forward or a striker. The point that I don't prefer is that if the latter is placed as a wing forward, he won't share in defending. Hence, this means that none of the possible trident won't play any defensive role.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I can`t see the formation
what do you think our formation is going to look like?
where Camo and Nedved are going to be and where is Salihamidzic

by the way I think Iaquinta would be a sub and our attack is going to be made of DP Trez and Quagliarela
or maybe Nedved behind DP and Trez
but I think we are going to buy Quag anyway

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
That's exactly the formation that came in my mind when I read the article. I'm not sure about it. It could make for nice attacking football. On the other hand teams like Roma, Inter and Milan with their strong midfield could punish us bad in this section.

Juventino#16

Chila !!! #3
May 27, 2007
i think, i won't like Ranieri:( // 4-3-3 its not good for Serie A.... he didn't mention Grygera, Salihamidič, Camoranesi....

his team will look like:
-----------------------Buffon--------------------------
Zebina/Birindeli---?-------Chiellini-----------Molinaro

-----------Tiago----Zanetti------------Almiron---------

-------------Iaquinta---DP-----Trezegol/new player

that's not good :(:disagree:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i think, i won't like Ranieri:( // 4-3-3 its not good for Serie A.... he didn't mention Grygera, Salihamidič, Camoranesi....

his team will look like:
-----------------------Buffon--------------------------
Zebina/Birindeli---?-------Chiellini-----------Molinaro

-----------Tiago----Zanetti------------Almiron---------

-------------Iaquinta---DP-----Trezegol/new player

that's not good :(:disagree:
lippi used 4-3-3 with juve for a while, worked well, it lead to a scudetto :)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I'm so looking forward to next season! I have faith in "Claudius". But.. I will not judge him by his words, like the ones in today's Gazzetta. Delivering on the pitch is the only thing that counts.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Genarally, I'm not a fan of 4-3-3, as I think it lacks defensive depth in most cases.
How does the 4-3-3 lack defensive depth? Zanetti will sit in front of the defense and we also have Tiago and Almiron in there as well... these players are smart and will not get caught in situations where they'll all be completely out of position.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
How does the 4-3-3 lack defensive depth? Zanetti will sit in front of the defense and we also have Tiago and Almiron in there as well... these players are smart and will not get caught in situations where they'll all be completely out of position.
When you play a team with 5 midfielders, we'll find it hard to defend with just three players in the midfield, especially securing the flanks. It all depends on whether Iaquinta will share in defending or not, the capabilities of the fullbacks plus what you said.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Ranieri being Ranieri will probably change his mind on the formation after one match anyway.
A formation without both Nedved and Camoranesi is a scary prospect. We'll be without what has been our main attacking force for the last 4 years.
I have my doubts wether Iaquinta can replace their offensive threat. Tiago and Almiron are stylish midfielders, but do they have enough quality to be our engine like Camo and Nedved were?
Let's hope the new players can find some chemistry quickly, at least.

The team looks interesting, but I fear we could really feel the loss of Camoranesi and Nedved.
When you play a team with 5 midfielders, we'll find it hard to defend with just three players in the midfield, especially securing the flanks. It all depends on whether Iaquinta will share in defending or not, the capabilities of the fullbacks plus what you said.

:agree:

playing a 4-3-3 will put a tremendous strain on the midfielders, no matter how good they are

a 4-3-1-2 with Neddy as the trequartista is a better option

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Hummm... some questions here...

Molinaro is going to play on the left... what about Chiellini? you cant tell me Molinaro is better than Chiellini?

What about Grygera...

Great thing to hear about the trident and about Nedved.

Apr 29, 2006
For sure even if Nedved Stays we need a new midfielder, and add that to the insane prospect that we might need a CDM after all (and that while having a Capello CDM line last year :) ), because honestly I don't see the central defenders working within 1st half of the season. Not really well - even if Cannavaro comes back, because there are new tactics with this formation.
Honestly Milan lack a second forward, but if they play Ronaldo and ?Eto? or at least as classy forward we will need CDM for Kaka, or we are completely lost!!!
But I suppose additional transfers would complete the formation within the next weeks.
I think anyway they will need to play a few friendlies and games to see how the formation works, before they sign a new big name. Cause sometimes they do not co-operate as good together.
Maybe if we take a Diarra-type of player would be good for the scoresheet.
Anyway though I think we could stop milan with just R9 in from and Kaka from the back like that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Don't agree. The midfielders to the sides of Zanetti can help tackle the opposition wingers along with our wing-backs, plus the players on the sides of the centre-foward depending on who they are. Del Piero even comes back to defend.

The 4-3-3 has worked for several teams, including our own Juventus during Lippi's first stint with the club. The Conte - Sousa - Deschamps midfield worked well despite having three forwards in the trident attack. With the right players there is no reason why the 4-3-3 cannot work in Italy, and both Tiago and Almiron have experiance in said system.

:agree:

playing a 4-3-3 will put a tremendous strain on the midfielders, no matter how good they are

a 4-3-1-2 with Neddy as the trequartista is a better option
That's not necessarily true... just placing Nedved behind the strikers doesn't alleviate some people's problems with covering the flank. When Nedved played that role before he would always get caught up pitch and didn't have to do much defending anyway, so I'm not exactly sure what some people are smoking here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)