Claudio Ranieri (18 Viewers)

Sep 14, 2003
Honestly, I don't think he'll be a bad choice at all. Our expectations for the next few seasons need to be kept in check I think, we're NOT going to contest for lo Scudetto any time soon.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Im a no-no for Sven, his life off the pitch seems to attract more fans than on. It was always the case in england, there were all sort of documentaries about him in english media (i.e fake sheikh etc) Although some were prolly fake but this guy doesnt have a football head anymore IMO. I agree with comments earliar that yes its hard to win english fans but to be fair his a money scounger and i can only imagine he would ask for the highest contract possible out of the managers linked. I think what the board seem to be doing now regarding ranieri seems to be a good choice and they seem "wise" that they aint offering a multi year contract.. lets restore our true status and then think about the "bigger" names.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Ranieri in italy cannot be compared to a ranieri in England or Spain football is different surroundings are different. His coaching abilities are there you dont pull a team like parma with such a average squad and turn them around like that without a bit ok know how about football! Everyone fails once in a while. i would happy to have a italian back in charge of Juve!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Even this target seems far away atm... :disagree:
True, should wait till a coach is appointed and our transfer deals are done. But seriously enough I remember a some seasons back when fiorentina came up, they immediately restored themselves to the midtable - uefa challenging spot. We atleast should have a better squad and hopefully as good coach, if not better... i guess its all optimism though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What can Lampard possibly bring us? He's at the height of his career, so he will be expensive, he's not going to be lured from Chelsea without a big paycheck and he's custom made for English football. Not to mention the fact that all his strengths are the same as Nedved's. Only Nedved's better.

Aug 1, 2003
I like Ranieri, and he did a good job with Parma. I agree that he wont be a bad choice at all. Not saying that Juventus definitely cant get the scudetto next season or anything, but it is practical to set our targets for a CL spot first.

angelus

Dec 25, 2005
well if we arent goin to be able to get lippi ...i believe ranieri would be a good choice for sepcially the upcoming season since he is very good at gettin new players and i dont think either he is a big match games winner but since we arent in the champions league tht wouldnt be a big problem ...we just need to build a really good squad for the upcoming season in the seria A and ranieri would fit after the next season will get a better match coach

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)