Claudio Ranieri (15 Viewers)

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
With Lippi refusing to come - I dont mind Ranieri especially given our options. No way I'm for Sven - he attracts all the wrong kinda media. I want us to get an Italian coach which means theres Ranieri, Novellino and Guidolin in terms of possibility. Ranieri is the best there i.m.o. He's at least coached a team to the CL semi-finals so I trust his experience more. One down side of him though is he seems a bit soft and given this dizzy board, we need a firm person....but thats just an opinion

Buy on AliExpress.com

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
What can Lampard possibly bring us? He's at the height of his career, so he will be expensive, he's not going to be lured from Chelsea without a big paycheck and he's custom made for English football. Not to mention the fact that all his strengths are the same as Nedved's. Only Nedved's better.
first he can buy his contract this summer with a fixed value of 9mill pounds.
second, he is similar to neddy but he plays central mid and attacking mid while neddy plays attacking mid and side mid so they can fit together
third he can add pace to the team

the problem is his salary and the lack of CL

if he comes i think we should play 3-5-2 with 2 DM's and lamp as attacing mid and neddy on the left and camo on the right

but seriously i don't see him coming

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
with our curent squad and a few addition we should easily be able to challenge for a Cl spot. however there will almost certainly be a cull of teh squad. trez,camo,balzaretti (please god boumsong) will probably all be sold.

ranieri though is a fantastic squad builder and given the appropriate suppotr from eth board he could have us up there challenging again....even if he will probably end up doing the spade-work for another coach to come in later and make us winners again

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Man, I'm all in for Ranieri! Good coach and it's rumored he'll bring Lamps and Momo with him from the EPL :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Lampard - Ranieri's gift to Juve

The Italian media claims Claudio Ranieri will be unveiled as the next Juventus Coach within 48 hours, bringing Frank Lampard and Momo Sissoko with him.

After freeing himself from his ties with both Parma and Manchester City, the tactician flew back to Italy this weekend and is set for a final meeting with director Jean-Claude Blanc.

The only stumbling block at the moment appears to be the length of the contract, as he has requested a multi-year deal and the Bianconeri look set to settle on two seasons with an option for a third.

Following Didier Deschamps’ resignation and the club’s promotion back into Serie A post-Calciopoli, the club is rebuilding for the future and aims to be immediately competitive.

Ranieri’s arrival would not only reassure the top stars, such as Gianluigi Buffon and Pavel Nedved, to stay on in Turin, but also tempt Premiership figures to the side.

Above all the Italian Press is insistent that Lampard will follow his former Chelsea boss to Serie A after contract negotiations with the Stamford Bridge club faltered.

Lampard’s career was revitalised by Ranieri’s management in 2001, transforming him into one of Europe’s top midfielders.

It is not just the tactician’s presence that sparked this link, as all season we have seen reports emerging that Juventus were interested in making a bid for the England international.

He could extricate himself from his contract, which lasts until 2009, with the help of a new UEFA ruling for just £9m.

Another bonus with Ranieri would be to intensify the already existing negotiations with Liverpool for midfielder Sissoko.

Discussing a potential £12m transfer to Turin, the player has already worked with Ranieri during their time at Valencia.

Meanwhile, this afternoon Juventus will make their debut under 'new’ Coach Giancarlo Corradini, who was assistant manager to Deschamps and will oversee their remaining two Serie B games.

Goal.com

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
He's not good enough for Juve :stuckup: He is also too lazy - he never gives 100% of himself in any game, let alone every game like Pavel.
Sorry but we have Zanetti, Giannicheda and two youngsters and no champions league football and this is Frank Lampard. We should be delighted to even be linked with him..one of the world top 5 midfielders.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i agree that ranieri is our best choice right now because we desperately need a squad builder who knows how to use the transfer market. i also think that anybody who doesnt want frank lampard for 9mil euros is crazy.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Sorry but we have Zanetti, Giannicheda and two youngsters and no champions league football and this is Frank Lampard. We should be delighted to even be linked with him..one of the world top 5 midfielders.
Lampard? in the top 5? That's a matter of opinion! He is a good player but not that good! :sigh: The English always over-rate their players.
We'll just have to agree to differ here.

Here's a better pic of ibra for your avatar: -

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Giannicheda is leaving, and the two youngsters can't be thrown into serie A as starters... so even if Lampard comes, we need more midfielders...

Mar 28, 2007
sissoko and lampard will be great in the central field..

Buffon
Chiellini Barzagli Criscito Grygera
Nedved Sissoko Lampard Camoranesi
Del Piero Trezeguet(Gilardino)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
What can Lampard possibly bring us? He's at the height of his career, so he will be expensive, he's not going to be lured from Chelsea without a big paycheck and he's custom made for English football. Not to mention the fact that all his strengths are the same as Nedved's. Only Nedved's better.
I expect that he won't join Juventus, but this isn't what I was talking about. Why is Lampard just suited for the English football? Yes, his playing style is nearly the same as Nedved, that's why he'll be very effective for us. Even though, Nedved was head and shoulder above him when he was at the same age as Lampard, and even at that old age.

I like Ranieri, and he did a good job with Parma. I agree that he wont be a bad choice at all. Not saying that Juventus definitely cant get the scudetto next season or anything, but it is practical to set our targets for a CL spot first.
Avoiding relegation isn't like fighting for a CL spot, different strategies and tactics with different mentality.

y do we want lampard
he is not suited for italian sides
According to my information, Lampard has no past experience in Italy. So, how can you judge?

He's not good enough for Juve :stuckup: He is also too lazy - he never gives 100% of himself in any game, let alone every game like Pavel.
Angela, Lampard is the second best player in the EPL this season and one of the best players in the last 4 years in Europe. And for him not being good enough for Juve, would you please mention a centre midfielder who plays for us or whom we negotiate who is better than him? :eyebrows:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)