Claudio Ranieri (8 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
Avoiding relegation isn't like fighting for a CL spot, different strategies and tactics with different mentality.
Im fully aware of that and nobodys saying its the same. Just expressing my opinion, that I like Ranieri and should he come to Juve I would be one of those who would put my faith in him and see how it goes instead of thinking hes an inadequate replacement.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Im fully aware of that and nobodys saying its the same. Just expressing my opinion, that I like Ranieri and should he come to Juve I would be one of those who would put my faith in him and see how it goes instead of thinking hes an inadequate replacement.
I wish I could have faith in Ranieri like you, but I remember his 4 seasons in Stamford Bridge. Briefly, the man spent more than £120m on the transfers without winning the Premier League even once.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I expect that he won't join Juventus, but this isn't what I was talking about. Why is Lampard just suited for the English football? Yes, his playing style is nearly the same as Nedved, that's why he'll be very effective for us. Even though, Nedved was head and shoulder above him when he was at the same age as Lampard, and even at that old age.

According to my information, Lampard has no past experience in Italy. So, how can you judge?

Angela, Lampard is the second best player in the EPL this season and one of the best players in the last 4 years in Europe. And for him not being good enough for Juve, would you please mention a centre midfielder who plays for us or whom we negotiate who is better than him? :eyebrows:
Sorry, Ahmed! Like I said, we'll just have to agree to differ! I'm not saying the Frank is a bad player, and as an English player, I actually like him. However, English players do not normally play as well in the Italian league as they are made out to be. I remember David Platt playing for Juve, and although he was a Juve player and the English commentators raved about him, I never took to him the way I did Vialli, Baggio, Davids etc.

I'm afraid I'm so used to the English media overhyping English players talents, that it's like water off a ducks back.

Can I name a centre midfielder? No, Edgar Davids makes me blind to all others. As a replacement for Neddy, I would prefer Diego of Werder Bremen.

Mar 30, 2006
Ranieri is not as bad as you guys are making him out to be.

and Lampard isn't either.

He defends, can hold on to the ball and can score goals. Sure he may not be worth his price but that is what it takes to get big players especially when trying to bring them to another country and without CL.

Lampard would fit well into our team seeing how he is not a traditional attacking mid we would have the best of both worlds. With Nedved, Lampard, Camo and DP we would have alot of creativity in the team and he would really help out in scoring goals and making space for our strikers by drawing out opposition defenses to try to close him down.

I think it is ok to spend big on some players because 1. we have the transfer budget and 2. we need to send signs that we are trying to be competitive and go back to the top.

also Lampard is not as expensive as ppl make him out to be. sure his salary is high but he can buy out his deal with the Fifa rule so we would infact just us the money we would be saving on his transfer towards his salary.

Ok sure Ranieri did not win anything big in chelsea but they were only a top team for one of they years he coached them (when roman bought them) and sure he did spend alot of money in his last year and did not win anything but it is hard to bring in so many players and automatically expect to win the first year. HE came second in the league to a rediculous Arsenal squad that was built by Wenger for so long and refined. The team went undefeated. Ranieri also made it ot the semifinal of the CL and just missed out on the final.

That is not bad. And his work before Roman bought the team is even more impressive. He was a mentor for Lampard, Terry, Gallas etc. He is the reason Roman bought the team cuz if he did not take them to 4th spot he would have bought another team who were in the CL.

I think if Claudio stay at Chelsea for one more season he would have won the EPL. The season where they came second he had injuries to alot of key players i remeber. Crespo only played 19 games and Veron was having alot of problems with his back. He was playing very poor.

The important thing is with Ranieri we would be competitive, be able to sign big players, develop our young ones and keep pur stars. I think that is in the end what we all want.

He is a good option for us at this time. Not the best but still good. :pint:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Sorry, Ahmed! Like I said, we'll just have to agree to differ! I'm not saying the Frank is a bad player, and as an English player, I actually like him. However, English players do not normally play as well in the Italian league as they are made out to be. I remember David Platt playing for Juve, and although he was a Juve player and the English commentators raved about him, I never took to him the way I did Vialli, Baggio, Davids etc.

I'm afraid I'm so used to the English media overhyping English players talents, that it's like water off a ducks back.

Can I name a centre midfielder? No, Edgar Davids makes me blind to all others. As a replacement for Neddy, I would prefer Diego of Werder Bremen.
I agree that the English media over-hypes English players, but we should separate the wheat from the chaff. Also, we ought not to generalise. I mean, not all the English players aren't capable of shining in the Calcio, it isn't a rule. To be honest, me myself rates Lampard high and I expect him to perform well in the peninsula, but at the end it's just an expectation.

As for Pavel, I hope he isn't thinking about retiring this summer, we need him more than anytime before. And I don't see anyone who can replace him. Yet, Diego would be an amazing addition.

Aug 1, 2003
ah, he probably hasnt found his niche. to be honest, i dont even know what that word really means, but im just gonna use it anyway.

anyhoo. not saying hes the best replacement, but dont think hes the worst either. really, really dying of curiousity to see who will be unveiled as our next coach though.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
I wish I could have faith in Ranieri like you, but I remember his 4 seasons in Stamford Bridge. Briefly, the man spent more than £120m on the transfers without winning the Premier League even once.
most of this money was spent in his last year when Abramo took over, he had to deal with a squad having an +30 age so he built it from scratch and when he spent that money he needed time for the players to adapt

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli confirms they are trying to bring Claudio Ranieri in as their next Coach.

“Ranieri has the right characteristics both in terms of his career and his age, which cannot help but be of interest for a long-term project like the one in place at Juve,” he told Raisport.

Following Didier Deschamps’ resignation and Marcello Lippi’s refusal to come out of retirement, the former Parma boss has become the hot favourite to take over in Turin and already received a vote of confidence from Gianluigi Buffon.

“It is very important that this Coach is appreciated by the major stars in the squad,” added Cobolli Gigli.

“From Monday director Jean Claude Blanc will begin a series of meetings and during the week we will resolve the issue of the new tactician.”

Newspaper reports in Italy today suggest that a formal announcement will be made within 48 hours and that Ranieri will inspire players such as Frank Lampard and Momo Sissoko to join him at Juve.

Meanwhile, some of the current stars are considering a departure in the summer, seeking Champions League football elsewhere.

“I think that Mauro Camoranesi intends to stay. David Trezeguet is discussing his situation with Blanc and Alessio Secco, as the problems involve the expiry dates of the contracts,” continued the President.

“In our view, keeping hold of our champions is the first step to building a more competitive squad, as then we will add two or three signings so that we can aim for a top four finish.”

The Bianconeri have already secured promotion and the Serie B title, so today’s 1-0 defeat at Bari’s Stadio San Nicola is valid only for the history books.

“It is crucial for me to have this experience and now I hope that in the future I can have my own bench to prove all my quality and ideas,” said Giancarlo Corradini.

Assistant manager to both Fabio Capello and Deschamps, he has been given the reins for the final two rounds of the season.

“I cannot complain about this defeat, as the lads were firing on all cylinders for 41 games.”

Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 3)