Claudio Ranieri (9 Viewers)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Apparently, crowd was chanting Conte, Conte last night.

Even if CR would get us 2nd place, and maybe Coppa, i think for him it would be the best thing to go. Personally I dont think that anyone would do better considering all our injuries, and i also think that we will not get 3-4 top players for next season, so frustration will be even bigger.

I also think Conte will do worse than CR

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I can kind of understand where you are coming from as guardiola worked with a lot of these boys such as bojan, messi, busquets, piquet, iniesta etc so obviously that helps. But i still think his case, and Mourinho's early days show that you dont always need to be experienced to be a good coach, you just need the right mentality.

Your ideal coach though is completely shared by me. I like a coach who isnt afraid to knock some heads together in order to get a result a la Capello, Mourinho and SAF. I think Conte is going to turn out to be this type of manager.

At the moment the unfortunate truth is that there are not too many coaches available in this mould, which is bad news for us. But at the same time our current manager is the complete opposite, he's too soft and most frustrating he is too easy to please. He hasn't got the type of personality that gets the players behind him and he is incapable tactically. This is why I think there are a lot of people with stronger credentials than him. It is no great surprise that Ranieri has not won anything in 20 years because of these charachteristics and he hasn't got what it takes to be in the position he is in.

There are not many ideal replacements out there, but there are a lot better managers available
1.) I don't think Conte fits the bill for me. Hard to believe he would "knock the head" of players that played with him, even worse, players that pushed him on the bench in his late Juve days. Hard to believe for me, that he would be the guys with the character that is needed.

2.) Mourinho`s are not found on the street. This guy grew up being a coach. He was scouting opponents for his dad when he was 14....

3.) Maybe there are managers, who have unexpected success with their teams at the moment, but nobody can tell me, that any available coach would have had more success with this squad. Best example for me is Le Guen. Everybody, even me, was a big fan of his back at the Lyon days, and I remember people wanting him at Juve, but look what he has won in the last years....
As simple as it is, the situation is not as bad, as it looks, and at the moment, there are no better options.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
:D I think less idiots at the back could be good for us
hahaha well if you look at it like that you could be on to something......

1.) I don't think Conte fits the bill for me. Hard to believe he would "knock the head" of players that played with him, even worse, players that pushed him on the bench in his late Juve days. Hard to believe for me, that he would be the guys with the character that is needed.

2.) Mourinho`s are not found on the street. This guy grew up being a coach. He was scouting opponents for his dad when he was 14....

3.) Maybe there are managers, who have unexpected success with their teams at the moment, but nobody can tell me, that any available coach would have had more success with this squad. Best example for me is Le Guen. Everybody, even me, was a big fan of his back at the Lyon days, and I remember people wanting him at Juve, but look what he has won in the last years....
As simple as it is, the situation is not as bad, as it looks, and at the moment, there are no better options.
I think Conte's love for the club would go beyond his love for his old friends, regardless we will just have to wait and see what happens with this...

Our takes on the current situation are never going to co-incide, i feel with a better manager who has personality and testicles we would be performing a lot better and we would be a lot closer to inter. I think people like gasperini, mancini etc fall into that category but you disagree and that is fine.

I've just thought of the perfect candidate to take over the Juve hotseat for next season, he wouldn't take any shit!!!:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That is exactly the kind of character we need on the bench...someone to kick the ass of our players in the locker room when needed.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Rijkaards strenght is player management (great at it) and his eye for quality talent, those players just didnt happen to come to Barca by chance, he knows how to assemble a quality team and play simple good football, even if tactically lacking (his assistant took care of that). His signings were great players after after one another, and he made the likes of Iniesta and Messi regulars and so on. He isnt a top coach, but give the necessary dues when its warranted, even if he wasnt the big decisive factor of their success, he had his part in it for sure, a team doesnt run itself to success.
:tup:

Totally agree, Os. I was having this discussion the other day, with a couple of people, after Vinman pointed out some available managers with better credentials than Ranieri. I wasn't even advocating that we hire Rijkaard as coach, just pointing out that his track record is certainly better that Claudio's in terms of trophies and that 3 major trophies in 2 years has to be respected regardless of the quality the manager has at his disposal.

I also felt it necessary to point out multiple times that he made critical subs in a CL final (the biggest possible stage of club football) when his team was behind with less than 20 minutes to go... of the two late subs he made, Larsson ended up assisting on both goals and Beletti scored the winner. It was an absolutely brilliant piece of player management, which I certainly feel is one of Ranieri's major weaknesses.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
Conte is not a bad choice at all. It isn't the same case as Alan Shearer for Newcastle as this guy certainly has managerial experience and proved some of his worth. In about 2 years he has managed to get Bari from a team struggling at Serie B to a team that will inevitably fight at Serie A next year.

But I think it is still too early to safely decide and would still be considered a gamble if we sign him this season. To be honest the best decision we can take now is to sign another coach other than Conte. Gasperini is a good choice and there are others too. (although any coach is better than Ranieri)

But we should definitely consider Conte for the future, especially as a Plan B if our next coach does a Ranierata.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
Ten Cate was behind a lot of the Barca success. He left in 2006. Rijkaard stayed for 2 more seasons, and won 0 trophies.
Ten Kate reaalllyyy sucks big time in greece the whole season
he is panathinaikos manager and with a budget of more than 25mil he is currently 3rd knocked down in coppa by some minors and only good thing was that he made it into the last 16 in CL.he really was below average here guys...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ten Kate reaalllyyy sucks big time in greece the whole season
he is panathinaikos manager and with a budget of more than 25mil he is currently 3rd knocked down in coppa by some minors and only good thing was that he made it into the last 16 in CL.he really was below average here guys...
The point was that Rijkaard and Ten Cate were really good together.

Neither seems to have shown they can succeed without the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)