Claudio Ranieri (121 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Lets cut the crap here. Even if someone such as Prandelli isn't a quote unquote "upgrade" to Ranieri, he still could make more sense with decisions and be an overall better fit for the club. If you have an employee who is totally screwing up your place of work, you're not going to keep him employed there just because there are no candidates out there who are "upgrades" to that one employee. You sack the motherfucker and bring in somebody who causes less problems.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Lets cut the crap here. Even if someone such as Prandelli isn't a quote unquote "upgrade" to Ranieri, he still could make more sense with decisions and be an overall better fit for the club. If you have an employee who is totally screwing up your place of work, you're not going to keep him employed there just because there are no candidates out there who are "upgrades" to that one employee. You sack the motherfucker and bring in somebody who causes less problems.
:tup:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
You didn't hear the Conte chants in the Inter match?
No, unfortunatly no :(

It doesn't bother me that he makes some insane substitution or not making any or how our tactics are wrong, like Lacki said we aren't with our team every day and there are many things that we don't know.

But what bothers me is when we only manage a draw with teams like Catania, Chievo we hear our great Ranieri satisfied with that point, did he forgot that he trains Juve not Parma. And to make things worse is that we today heard how great result we got against Inter because we played with ten players. Anyone who have any clue about football would say how lucky we were and how big problems in our team and our overeall performance we have, but nooooo let's be happy cuz we get one point from Inter :wee:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
As I said before, we are Juventus, but we are still in a rebuilding process. At the moment, we have to be satisfied with the 2nd place and with Coppa, as we were with CL football and place 3 last year. However, next year, we have to compete for the first place and the CL win. The rebuilding should be fixed at that point, and our squad will be a lot better than this years. Thats for sure. If we can believe Secco, Blanc etc. (I know they are wankers, but lets wait...), and the Champions we need to really have a chance to win the Championship arrive, we can dream about trophys again.

But seriously, with the current squad, it would be a sensation, to win Serie A. Inter has better players in every department. When you have Marchionni to replace Camoranesi...... no wonder we didn't win.

After all, we should judge the season when its over. If we are 2nd and win the Coppa, we finished better than last season.
Please, don't forget the bright spots this season! CL vs. Real? The win vs. Milan? The games vs. Roma? The good performance vs. Chelsea? Those games show me, that we are on the right path. If we do get the Champions, and still don't win.... we can change the coach. But at the moment, nobody can guarentee better results with a new coach....

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Rijkaard?I mean wtf?

He simply sucks.Resurrected Barca?He took them when they were at their best, even I could coach that team.Later on we actually saw how bad he really is.

I'd avoid him at all cost.
LOLOL he took them when they were at their best????? Rijkaard took over Barca when they hadn't even qualified for the champions league. When he took over in 2003-04 Barca were in the Uefa cup after finishing 6th OVER 20 points behind Real Madrid - I would hardly describe that as their peak

Rijkaard turned them into a CL winning team in 2 years

icεmαή;1959613 said:
Gardiola has like the best team in the world... his being a true Barca (what do you call them?) has nothing to do with him being successful...
Klinsmann has the best team in Germany, Inter arguably had better teams than us when we won the league. His understanding of the club gives him a massive advantage over anyone else, even he said that when he took them over

Worst example EVER! Guardiola was coaching the Barca B Team, so he knows 50% of the Barca team, and hasn't lost a game with them last year. He is a great coach, and showed that.
Now your changing your story, a minute ago Gasperini wasn't experienced enough despite coaching all of our youth teams and doing well and brining a team up from Serie B and into the CL places.

It was too early for Vialli, a winner of more trophys in less time with chelsea than Ranieri could have dreamed of.

But Guardiola, someone that has only managed a youth team was a brilliant coach despite not gaining any of the experience that you claim is needed????

That makes no sense at all

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
he means the squad Rijkaard had at his disposal...gimme a FW line of Eto'o Ronaldinho Giuly (with Messi to come) backed up by Xavi and Deco, and yea I will also win you a couple of CL titles

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
he means the squad Rijkaard had at his disposal...gimme a FW line of Eto'o Ronaldinho Giuly (with Messi to come) backed up by Xavi and Deco, and yea I will also win you a couple of CL titles
They didnt have Giuly, Eto'o or Deco when Rijkaard took over, Rijkaard signed all of those players in the years after

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You are SEVERELY underrating Rijkaard, he is just a decent coach, not that good of a coach, but you are selling him insanely short.

Your point stands for little.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
my point still stands though
not really, the amazing squad you talk of was built by him.

Initially he had players like Reizeger, saviola, kluivert, queresma and overmars. All of whom quite big names, but all of whom complete dead weights, and they were the better players of that team

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
LOLOL he took them when they were at their best????? Rijkaard took over Barca when they hadn't even qualified for the champions league. When he took over in 2003-04 Barca were in the Uefa cup after finishing 6th OVER 20 points behind Real Madrid - I would hardly describe that as their peak

Rijkaard turned them into a CL winning team in 2 years

Klinsmann has the best team in Germany, Inter arguably had better teams than us when we won the league. His understanding of the club gives him a massive advantage over anyone else, even he said that when he took them over

Now your changing your story, a minute ago Gasperini wasn't experienced enough despite coaching all of our youth teams and doing well and brining a team up from Serie B and into the CL places.

It was too early for Vialli, a winner of more trophys in less time with chelsea than Ranieri could have dreamed of.

But Guardiola, someone that has only managed a youth team was a brilliant coach despite not gaining any of the experience that you claim is needed????

That makes no sense at all
What I mean, is that he came directly from the youth to the first team.
Barca have many more youth players in their squad, who have already worked with Guardiola, and his success was unbelievable there.
I am not sure how many youth players from our squad Gasperini has coached, but he is not experienced enough for me, to work with bigger characters in the dressing room and also not in the Champions League. We could say the same about Guardiola, but he has always had the reputation to be a leader and a really "rude" one too. Also, don't forget, that this guy is coaching an all star team.
The Guardiola move was risky for Barca. Look at Bayern. It didn't work out at all for them.

How many trophys or Championships has won Vialli in the last 6 years? With how many team has he been successful?

Don't get me wrong! I am not saying Ranieri is the god of all coaches, but at the moment, I don't see anybody, who could make it better.

My ideal coach is a guy, who, if he is in a bad mude, yells the shit out of the players. A general. A real authority. A guy, who when his players play bad, lets them "feel" how bad they played in the next training session. Someone like Magath or Hitzfeld. I am for the old school proven guys, who have authority, and not those buddy types of coaches, like Klinsmann.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
haha you gotta point. Even Mourinho said he would never leave a talented player like Gio on the bench and he doesn't even see him train every week. CR I am afraid has only played Marchisio/Gio/DC/Ariaudo out of desperation due to the injury crisis. I have always tried giving him the benefit of the doubt but again, last weekend, the weekend before that and so on and so on he is so reluctant to make the ballsy decisions that may give us that extra push to get the victory. Only CR would be happy with a draw against our most hated rivals. I promise you not one player on our team was happy about getting one point instead of the full 3 against the team that took 2 league titles from us and claim that they have won all those on the "trot". I hate that, on the trot...pisses me the fuck off.

The problem is, CR has no history with us whatsoever. If it was Ferrara/Conte even Nedved or Lippi back as a coach our team would have been firing on all cylinders going GUNG HO (old FM term)! This is not the case anymore it seems.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Rijkaards strenght is player management (great at it) and his eye for quality talent, those players just didnt happen to come to Barca by chance, he knows how to assemble a quality team and play simple good football, even if tactically lacking (his assistant took care of that). His signings were great players after after one another, and he made the likes of Iniesta and Messi regulars and so on. He isnt a top coach, but give the necessary dues when its warranted, even if he wasnt the big decisive factor of their success, he had his part in it for sure, a team doesnt run itself to success.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Rijkaards strenght is player management (great at it) and his eye for quality talent, those players just didnt happen to come to Barca by chance, he knows how to assemble a quality team and play simple good football, even if tactically lacking (his assistant took care of that). His signings were great players after after one another, and he made the likes of Iniesta and Messi regulars and so on. He isnt a top coach, but give the necessary dues when its warranted, even if he wasnt the big decisive factor of their success, he had his part in it for sure, a team doesnt run itself to success.
Rijkaard is available right? He has not found a team yet if I am not mistaken? I like the point you bring up Os, he does have an eye for talent and he sure as hell does not have a problem playing that young talent and successfully incorporating them into the team.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
What I mean, is that he came directly from the youth to the first team.
Barca have many more youth players in their squad, who have already worked with Guardiola, and his success was unbelievable there.
I am not sure how many youth players from our squad Gasperini has coached, but he is not experienced enough for me, to work with bigger characters in the dressing room and also not in the Champions League. We could say the same about Guardiola, but he has always had the reputation to be a leader and a really "rude" one too. Also, don't forget, that this guy is coaching an all star team.
The Guardiola move was risky for Barca. Look at Bayern. It didn't work out at all for them.

How many trophys or Championships has won Vialli in the last 6 years? With how many team has he been successful?

Don't get me wrong! I am not saying Ranieri is the god of all coaches, but at the moment, I don't see anybody, who could make it better.

My ideal coach is a guy, who, if he is in a bad mude, yells the shit out of the players. A general. A real authority. A guy, who when his players play bad, lets them "feel" how bad they played in the next training session. Someone like Magath or Hitzfeld. I am for the old school proven guys, who have authority, and not those buddy types of coaches, like Klinsmann.
I can kind of understand where you are coming from as guardiola worked with a lot of these boys such as bojan, messi, busquets, piquet, iniesta etc so obviously that helps. But i still think his case, and Mourinho's early days show that you dont always need to be experienced to be a good coach, you just need the right mentality.

Your ideal coach though is completely shared by me. I like a coach who isnt afraid to knock some heads together in order to get a result a la Capello, Mourinho and SAF. I think Conte is going to turn out to be this type of manager.

At the moment the unfortunate truth is that there are not too many coaches available in this mould, which is bad news for us. But at the same time our current manager is the complete opposite, he's too soft and most frustrating he is too easy to please. He hasn't got the type of personality that gets the players behind him and he is incapable tactically. This is why I think there are a lot of people with stronger credentials than him. It is no great surprise that Ranieri has not won anything in 20 years because of these charachteristics and he hasn't got what it takes to be in the position he is in.

There are not many ideal replacements out there, but there are a lot better managers available

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Gasperini makes Genoa play real great football, my type of football, intelligent and tactical football while being technical and attractive. I would welcome him, and take the risk. This guy is taking GENOA to CL, seriously, its no small feat.

I just hope he can do as well without the 3-4-3 tactic, I dont like 3 defenders tactics.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Gasperini makes Genoa play real great football, my type of football, intelligent and tactical football while being technical and attractive. I would welcome him, and take the risk. This guy is taking GENOA to CL, seriously, its no small feat.

I just hope he can do as well without the 3-4-3 tactic, I dont like 3 defenders tactics.
jesus christ we do bad enough with 4 of them, could you imagine how we'd do with 3!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)