Claudio Ranieri (15 Viewers)

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
I don't know what our board is waiting for? but there is still hope that after the game vs Real which we will probably lose he will be fired finally

Press tears Ranieri apart Sunday 19 October, 2008

Claudio Ranieri has been vilified in the Italian Press this morning and many believe Tuesday’s Real Madrid match could end his Juventus career.

The tactician was already under fire following some poor performances and results this term, but the 2-1 defeat at Napoli – their second Serie A loss on the trot – opened the floodgates.

“Indefensible!” slammed the Tuttosport front page, while La Stampa proclaims “Ranieri gets it all wrong as Juve plunge into crisis. Real the Last Chance Saloon for the tactician.”

A group of fans came to the airport in Turin deep into the night to 'welcome’ back the squad with a protest march.

The biggest mistake Tinker Man made was to substitute Alessandro Del Piero with full-back Paolo De Ceglie when the scoreline was still 1-1.

Ranieri later confessed he was playing for the draw at that stage, having taken the lead through Amauri’s volley, but it backfired as Ezequiel Lavezzi snatched victory.

“The Coach did not get the starting XI wrong, as between injuries and bans, that was practically impossible,” wrote Roberto Beccantini in La Stampa newspaper.

“It’s the old problem: the changes. Why De Ceglie and not immediately Sebastian Giovinco in place of Del Piero?

“Edy Reja’s team took that as a sign of fear. Napoli are top of the table, maybe not for long, but certainly not as a fluke.”

However, Ranieri is not the only one under fire, as Juventus are thought to have made fatal mistakes in the summer transfer market.

“The remains of the Old Guard – Del Piero and Pavel Nedved – have entered the final football stages of their careers.

“Without doubt the 'Little Old Lady’ clarified in public the responsibilities, tasks and strategies. They probably need the Da Vinci Code to get out of this one. The trouble is that not even a super Amauri strike is enough.”

The situation is dire for Ranieri and Juventus, as over the next seven days he’ll face Real Madrid in the Champions League and the Turin derby in Serie A.

“As bad things always come in threes, here come Real and Toro,” added Beccantini. “The Spaniards won their derby with Atletico Madrid and therefore will come to Turin brimming with confidence.”

Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport has been particularly vociferous in its attacks on Ranieri, but this weekend opted to spread the blame to the club.

“Indefensible” was the headline splashed across photographs of the Coach and Juve’s general manager Jean-Claude Blanc.

“Blanc continues to attempt working as both general manager and director general, two important tasks that cannot be performed by the same man.”

The fact remains that Ranieri is hanging by a thread and a former glory is ready to step in. While Antonio Conte is the candidate to take over next season, he cannot do so now because he is in charge of Serie B side Bari.

The most likely stopgap measure would be ex-Juve defender Ciro Ferrara, who has already worked with the club’s youth team and is currently an assistant manager to Italy boss Marcello Lippi.
Channel 4

Buy on AliExpress.com

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
I have watched untill the Amauri goal. After that my friends came by so we went playing PES09. After a while they said hey Napoli is leading 2-1.
I said bullshit, and guess what? No bullshit.
After having read that Ranieri put Del Piero out for De Ceglie is when I realised this dude has to be sacked immediately.
His comment after the game was shocking, as he went for a draw.
We are JUVENTUS, not LECCE to play for a draw in Naples. Although I hate him very much, Mourinho is right. Ranieri is a fool and a loser.
I bet he sleeps real easy at night because he sees everything positve. A true winner can't sleep, because either he lost the match and feels guilty, or he won a game and is incredible happy with the preformance and the fans cheers are still ringing in his ears.

To save himself, the best thing Ranieri could do is to resign. If we fire him he will be moaning just like Donadoni after EC08.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
“The remains of the Old Guard – Del Piero and Pavel Nedved – have entered the final football stages of their careers.

i agree with neddy but with del piero? wow that was the same shit they were saying last year then what happened? who was leading goals scorer?

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006

i agree with neddy but with del piero? wow that was the same shit they were saying last year then what happened? who was leading goals scorer?
That is what they're saying for the last 5 years. No worries.
Although, if this season fails, DP is 34/35. I can understand what the article is saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)