Claudio Marchisio (31 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marchisio out for six months
By Football Italia staff

Juventus have confirmed Claudio Marchisio’s surgery was successful, and he faces six months out.

The midfielder ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in the win over Palermo at the weekend, and will miss the end of the season and Euro 2016.

“Claudio Marchisio this morning underwent reconstructive surgery on the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee,” the Bianconeri announced on their official website.

“The operation, performed by Professor Flavio Quaglia at Turin’s Fornaca di Sessant Clinic, was 100 per cent successful.

“The midfielder is expected to return to competitive action in approximately six months’ time.”
@Salvo

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri: 'Marchisio back September’
By Football Italia staff

Claudio Marchisio will be back from injury 'in September’ says Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri, who will use Mario Lemina or Hernanes in his place.

The Bianconeri midfielder injured his knee against Palermo on the weekend and has been ruled out of Euro 2016 with Italy.

Allegri discussed his team selection ahead of Juve’s clash with Lazio tomorrow evening, when they will try to maintain a nine-point lead over Napoli.

“I spoke to Marchisio last night, he was quite calm,” Allegri said at today’s pre-match Press conference.

“Unfortunately he’ll miss the end of the season and Euro 2016.

“The one positive thing is that the summer’s in the middle of his injury. He’ll be looking to re-join us on the training ground around September.

“Lemina and Hernanes are both in contention for the role in front of the defence. Lemina has come on a great deal. He needs to improve his defensive game from a tactical point of view.

“Morata is suspended. We can’t afford to lose players already on a yellow card through dissent. This is an aspect we need to improve. Tomorrow I have only three strikers.

“I could change things up in defence. We could play with four at the back or use Evra as our third central defender.

“Everyone’s praising us, but we still haven’t won anything as it stands. A fifth successive Scudetto would represent an extraordinary achievement.

Pereyra is working well and we’ll look to bring him back into the squad on Thursday. We don’t want to take risks.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Technically, it can heal in 4 months.

I'm gonna ask my dokter when i see him later this week to get my bloodwork done, what is most likely for an athlete, but i cant recall any thin football player beeing back fast. Vascular, muscled players, can.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Technically, it can heal in 4 months.

I'm gonna ask my dokter when i see him later this week to get my bloodwork done, what is most likely for an athlete, but i cant recall any thin football player beeing back fast. Vascular, muscled players, can.

You are so ghey for dem veins.

Seriously though, it's six months minimum. Maybe Roberto Baggio can do it in 4. Anyone else needs at least 6 months.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You are so ghey for dem veins.

Seriously though, it's six months minimum. Maybe Roberto Baggio can do it in 4. Anyone else needs at least 6 months.
Excellent vascularity significantly aids the speed of which nutrients and shuttled. One of the reasons them bodybuilders that tear something which would heal for 9 months at a normal person, while they are back in training after 5 months. (not kidding, check how quickly they return from pec or bicep tears).

But for Marchisio, 6 months, target return mid november imo

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Excellent vascularity significantly aids the speed of which nutrients and shuttled. One of the reasons them bodybuilders that tear something which would heal for 9 months at a normal person, while they are back in training after 5 months. (not kidding, check how quickly they return from pec or bicep tears).

But for Marchisio, 6 months, target return mid november imo

Well yes, but basically that's the sort of argument that says fit people heal faster. It's true, but it doesn't really matter if we're dealing with a world class athlete. Also, bodybuilders might recover quickly from pec of bicep tears, but they perform the same movement over and over again. Even with a torn ACL they wouldn't need 6 months, because basically they're just going to squat, right?

Anyways, I've never seen a football player recover faster than 6 months and the last thing I'd like is to see him get injured again. Whether he returns in September or November will have minimal impact on our season, so I'd be fine with him being back in November.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well yes, but basically that's the sort of argument that says fit people heal faster. It's true, but it doesn't really matter if we're dealing with a world class athlete. Also, bodybuilders might recover quickly from pec of bicep tears, but they perform the same movement over and over again. Even with a torn ACL they wouldn't need 6 months, because basically they're just going to squat, right?

Anyways, I've never seen a football player recover faster than 6 months and the last thing I'd like is to see him get injured again. Whether he returns in September or November will have minimal impact on our season, so I'd be fine with him being back in November.
yeah, all true, thats why i said "one factor" cause they got many positives. Steroids raising the RBC and hammering the IGF-1 also help out quite alot when it comes to muscular injuries :D

'fit' or like you say absolutely 'world class' do heal quick because they will have good genetics and a body conditionned to support a very high efficiency.
But that vascularity bro. Makes a difference, he doesnt have it

On the bright side, aside from it having a minimal impact as you said, he'd also come rested and typically marchisio : riled up to prove himself to be back for the team. Aka MUCH sharper then when he'd be returning tired and sluggish from an international cup

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
Honestly, I don't want to see him play before 2017, as quick turnarounds with these types of injuries are risky. We tried to bring back Asamoah as soon as possible last season(~7-8 months post-injury) and he got reinjured before he was ever really back. The estimated recovery time for the injury is not the same as the time it takes to get back to 100% physical fitness and Marchisio is not someone we should be gambling with, in my opinion.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

An AFL player had LARS surgery and came back in like 10-12 weeks. Was insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)