Claudio Marchisio (12 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
What are some recent precedents? In terms of recovery?

- - - Updated - - -

Well these are two very big concerns. He could be finished as a WC footballer in general and we now have an even bigger gaping hole in midfield with no registas at all. I think we should treat him as a goner and then if he does recover in 6-8 months and regains some good form then he'd be like an extra new bonus signing. I am sure he will have little trouble getting back into the team if he returns in the same shape as before his injury.

We should pretend we sold him. Thats why I am thinking getting Alonso and Kovacic would not be bad. The spaniard is a short term solution and a plan B if Kova turns out to be poor. We can't afford established marchisio level CMs in this market when all the rich clubs are on shopping sprees. We also can't risk someone completely inexperienced to be our main guy. The closest thing to guaranteed immediate quality are seasoned veterans and not-too-young players that are one step away from becoming top players.
I wouldn't go that far. I don't think he will struggle to get back to his best. Given the sort of player he is. Of course the issue is injury complications because of it but hopefully we give him all the time he needs and dont rush him. He should be ok and Ideally will miss max 2 months of next season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What are some recent precedents? In terms of recovery?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't go that far. I don't think he will struggle to get back to his best. Given the sort of player he is. Of course the issue is injury complications because of it but hopefully we give him all the time he needs and dont rush him. He should be ok and Ideally will miss max 2 months of next season.
From previous posts by some members here that claim to know what they are talking about, it doesn't look good at all. They mention Ronaldo and Baggio who were different players after the operation. Someone also mentioned Asamoah. If the medical stuff these guys are saying is true then we should pretend he wont be with us and build the team on that assumption.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Tuttosport says that it could be anywhere between 4 to 8 months. Might able to run after 3.
We will have to see what they say after the operation.

Nov 17, 2012
Dr Quaglia's got this!

In all seriousness though, in order to retain some midfield creativity, would a 6 month loan for Pirlo be possible for next season? We need something whilst Claudio gets back up to speed! Who better at such a cheap cost & convenience? We've got Khedira and Lemina for midfield muscle, what we need is someone to create..

Bianco2nero

IL NUOVO BOMBER
May 13, 2012
Okay.. who are the established players out there that can take his spot?

I can think of:

Verratti (impossible to sign)
Pjanic (Impossible if Radja leaves to Chelsea)
Kroos (almost impossible)
Modric (impossible)
Alonso (doable but could be dead in a year and certainly lacks the fitness to be consistently in our starting 11)
Fabregas (doable if he is not in Conte's plans)
Kovacic (Doable but might not be good enough yet)
Moutinho (Doable but i dont know if he is still good)
Xhaka (expensive, heavy links to arsenal, and I dont know if he is a distributor)
Illaramendi (doable and might not be good enough)
Witsel (dont know if he is good enough but seems doable)
Montolivo :snoop:
Pirlo (in my dreams)

I'd personally go for Kovacic (loan + option ideally) and Alonso (1 year contract on a bosman). If Kovacic turns out good then great if not then we have an experienced alonso and a youngster in lemina to try out.

Alternatively we go all in on a CAM and use the 4-3-1-2 where the DM does not have to be a master distributor. A ball winner like Asamoah and possibly lemina can be sufficient to fill the gap. That would be my last resort though since 3-5-2 is our standard go to formation and its good to have two formations available anyway. We were one midfield signing away from having a great midfield fuck this luck :cry:
Kanté from Leicester + Banega as free agent..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)