Claudio Marchisio (38 Viewers)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Given the freedom of Tevez, Pirlo isn't as necessary in this team. Marchisio is. Marchisio can make some Pirloesque passes but at the same time he can defend which is something you lose when you play pirlo.

Marchisio in my opinion should not lose his starting spot, why change something that is working?
I think a bit part of conceding 0 goals so far this season is Marchisio. Him playing where he is has allowed us to stop many counter attacks before they even start. Pirlo is by far the best in his position with ball in hand, but when we're defending, Pirlo is easily the worst in his position.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
sorry to burst your bubble, guys, but we have seen marchisio do this too often.

plays a few good games in one position, people declare it his new position, then he goes missing for many games.

watch it happen. again. like it has past 6 seasons.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We haven't given up a goal all season and we don't have Barzagli and Chiellini is in $#@! form. A big part of that reason is Marchisio. He single-handedly destroys counter attacks sometimes. He allows us to press as a team because he can keep up and not create any gaps between our midfielders.

There's so much more to being a DM than just long passes. I mean, it's obvious by now that we don't miss Pirlo. The ball goes straight from the back and quickly up to our attackers.

plays a few good games in one position, people declare it his new position, then he goes missing for many games.

I think this time will not be that way Lion.
Last year he indeed shoed some promise in that position the few times he played it.. but everyone mocked his marchisites for saying he was good as a deep lying DM.

Now it seems it was not coincidence and the guy is showing real promise there. He was not good as SS, not good as winger.. not really good as a box to box.... but there is showing he can do it very well.

Jul 1, 2010

He was very good the few times he played instead of Pirlo as a CDM last season as well.

This position and role seems to suit him perfectly. He runs a lot, has great positioning, tackles well, is a good passer, and he is indeed tactically aware.

He's average as a B2B but he's been nothing short of excellent as a CDM for us.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
For all the defensive duties Marchisio offers, have we made up for the loss of Pirlo's creativity in this team? Tevez pushing deeper and creating more in that final third...Pereyra looking good so far...I haven't been able to watch every game but from what I have seen, I actually think Allegri has done a good job in finding other forms of creative play through certain players.

I think this is the key for our team...being less dependent on one player, being more versatile in that final third and tightening up on the defensive side of our game. All areas that needed improvement from last season. Marchisio's contribution in his current role has definitely helped.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
This is going a bit too far now, Pirlo is still (by a long way) the best in that position in the world. Yes, he can't be expected to play every game all the time, and he does need to be managed wisely…but he still has a very big role to play for us. It's crazy how people forget about vital players so easily. Out of sight, out of mind.
if he were fit, would you play him versus the raging madmen of atletico? given marchisio's form in the position?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
if he were fit, would you play him versus the raging madmen of atletico? given marchisio's form in the position?
No I wouldn't, and Ive even said in previous threads that I'd prefer Marchisio to play in that role in Europe. Teams obviously press A LOT more than in Serie A, and Marchisio would be able to handle it better than Pirlo.

All I am saying is that Pirlo clearly still has a role to play for us over the next couple of seasons. Just need to manage him well.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
No I wouldn't, and Ive even said in previous threads that I'd prefer Marchisio to play in that role in Europe. Teams obviously press A LOT more than in Serie A, and Marchisio would be able to handle it better than Pirlo.

All I am saying is that Pirlo clearly still has a role to play for us over the next couple of seasons. Just need to manage him well.
Well said.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008

ok cool i got it. its just refreshing to see marchisio do well in the role and even more so refreshing to see the level of hate taken down some notches on this board...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I would use Marchisio in the away games, Pirlo in the home matches, depending on the opposition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)