Claudio Marchisio (99 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He was heavily marked in the first half but in the second right after Gigi saved the penalty he got all the space he needed. Great display.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You basically called him the best midfielder in the world by "miles".
He is definitely miles ahead of Marchisio. But if you compare him to Modric for instance Pirlo is still better in terms of passing, movement and obviously set pieces but he does less defensively and has lower stamina.

At this age he is still the best deep lying playmaker in the world.. miles ahead of most players and a little better than very few like Modric.

- - - Updated - - -

Marchisio is an amazing player to have. He can play Box-to-Box, Ball Winner or Deep Lying Playmaker all to good effect. While our starting trio are ahead of him in their respective roles, none of them can play all 3 roles like that. Vidal is superior as a B2B and BW but probably not as a DLP. Pirlo is only a DLP and would suck at any other role while Pogba might be a better B2B but worse at the other two roles.

Marchisio is the perfect rotation guy in midfield.

Jul 20, 2012
Given the freedom of Tevez, Pirlo isn't as necessary in this team. Marchisio is. Marchisio can make some Pirloesque passes but at the same time he can defend which is something you lose when you play pirlo.

Marchisio in my opinion should not lose his starting spot, why change something that is working?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Given the freedom of Tevez, Pirlo isn't as necessary in this team. Marchisio is. Marchisio can make some Pirloesque passes but at the same time he can defend which is something you lose when you play pirlo.

Marchisio in my opinion should not lose his starting spot, why change something that is working?
This is going a bit too far now, Pirlo is still (by a long way) the best in that position in the world. Yes, he can't be expected to play every game all the time, and he does need to be managed wisely…but he still has a very big role to play for us. It's crazy how people forget about vital players so easily. Out of sight, out of mind.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008

all sentiment aside for Pirlo I personally feel better having Marchisio in that role..quite a few physical challenges i have seen him involved in and come out of with his strength and agility in that role and maintained an eye for continuing the play ahead...

but Pirlo will still get games because he is Pirlo and even at this age I still find Pirlo has shown nice physical conditioning...still will rather marchisio for the tempo we need to play at..

Jul 20, 2012
This is going a bit too far now, Pirlo is still (by a long way) the best in that position in the world. Yes, he can't be expected to play every game all the time, and he does need to be managed wisely…but he still has a very big role to play for us. It's crazy how people forget about vital players so easily. Out of sight, out of mind.
How is it going to far? We should be moving away from a pirlo dependent juve. While pirlo will play I don't see Why Marchisio should lose his place.

I waa never much of a pirlo fan, while I admire him he is replaceable if you switch tactics

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We haven't given up a goal all season and we don't have Barzagli and Chiellini is in shit form. A big part of that reason is Marchisio. He single-handedly destroys counter attacks sometimes. He allows us to press as a team because he can keep up and not create any gaps between our midfielders.

There's so much more to being a DM than just long passes. I mean, it's obvious by now that we don't miss Pirlo. The ball goes straight from the back and quickly up to our attackers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)