Claudio Marchisio (157 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
?

Asamoah made his name as a CM, he's very good there. Probably shoots a little too much for my liking in his spells with Juve, but he's probably trying too hard to make a point.
Thats exactly it, in the lwb role he really doesnt do anything crazy but he gets the job done, while he was playing as a cm against malmo for example he was shooting basically when ever he saw goal. Maybe he just needs some time to get back to that role, but once Pirlo is fit, I doubt he'd see any chance as a cm.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I doubt he's ever going to get a good run there for Juve because of our options, but I really wanted us to sign him in the couple of years before he joined as he always impressed with Udinese and Ghana whenever I watched him. The only other Serie A player I remember thinking that way about as a CM midfielder was Radja Nainggolan.

With Ghana he pretty much plays as a CAM or at least offensive LCM, because they are not blessed with playmakers or traditional AM players, and he has good technique and his shot.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No I wouldn't, and Ive even said in previous threads that I'd prefer Marchisio to play in that role in Europe. Teams obviously press A LOT more than in Serie A, and Marchisio would be able to handle it better than Pirlo.

All I am saying is that Pirlo clearly still has a role to play for us over the next couple of seasons. Just need to manage him well.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
todays game is proff he is not godd enough as first choice.

we needed creativity and someone to dictate temp badly and he could not cut.

bring back pirlo

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Pirlo would have been spun into the ground today.

The game would have been sealed in the first half if it was Pirlo who had to chase Arda all the way to the byline and cut out a cross. Instead Claudio was up to the task. He was pretty much our only player today who was not giving the ball away at any sign of pressure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 155)