Claudio Marchisio (79 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I don't know if it was actually brought up... but

Selling Marchisio would be a HUUUUGE mistake. The man has incredible talent, just look at his goals and wonderful ball control. Something is missing I agree, but I believe he'll mature into an excellent midfielder with consistent performances when the coach actually get an idea about his natural position and duties.

Hint to Mr. Delneri: watch Lampard.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm pretty sure Marchisio will never be as good as Lampard. As everyone has said, he's a less imposing Fletcher with better ball control.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Marchisio is nowhere near Fletcher's level in terms of ball-winning ability.

Don't really see the comparison between the two as being anywhere close to the mark.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Marchisio is nowhere near Fletcher's level in terms of ball-winning ability.

Don't really see the comparison between the two as being anywhere close to the mark.
Not in terms of type of midfielder...but in terms of squad status. fletcher will never be a mainstay starter. but he always gives his all, works hard, is tenacious and Ok on the ball..A competent, dependable central midfielder. Which is what Marchisio is meant to be naturally, albeit with less grit, and better technique than fletcher. My point was that i see marchisio, at best, as similar for our squad, as in never a definite first team starter, but someone useful to have around...still....we are miles off the Man United squad in terms of talent. Only in goal can we compete meaningfully...fletcher was simply the first player to come to my head when i was pondering decent midfielders at other clubs who are dependable, love the club but not talented enough to concrete a first team place...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)