Claudio Marchisio (19 Viewers)

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Well I was all for giving him another start after the last game where he was good but just as in all our games this season he was completely non-existent. It's all good when he shows up to score a goal out of nowhere but when he doesn't, we really miss a CM who can support more in attack and spread the play to our wings/strikers. This formation needs someone like that. Melo stays back more and wins the balls so I say it's time to give Aquilani a chance alongside Melo.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 17, 2009
I think he needs a new improved contract to clear his mind and make him more relaxed. He really deserves one.
Yeah right. He does not deserve a new contract when he can't even string together two decent performances. His runs out in 2014 IIRC. He's not asking for an extension he wants more money, more than double what he gets now. To put it simply he does not deserve it.

But by that logic everyone should get a new contract maybe then they'd be relaxed and we'd win something.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yeah right. He does not deserve a new contract when he can't even string together two decent performances. His runs out in 2014 IIRC. He's not asking for an extension he wants more money, more than double what he gets now. To put it simply he does not deserve it.

But by that logic everyone should get a new contract maybe then they'd be relaxed and we'd win something.
You have a point.
But put yourself in his position, he earns less than Lanzafame, Melo, Bonucci, Grygera, ... I know I'd be asking questions myself if I was in his position.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So the entire team is under-performing and it's making it difficult for a player to string together two decent performances so that doesn't make them eligible for a new contract?

:dielaugh:

Apr 17, 2009
You have a point.
But put yourself in his position, he earns less than Lanzafame, Melo, Bonucci, Grygera, ... I know I'd be asking questions myself if I was in his position.
Yes but all of those contracts including Marchisio, and exempting Bonucci, were given out by previous management. If you really want a pay rise then put in the effort and improve your game as a player. People in the real world don't get an increase in pay unless they put int he effort and show that they deserve it. Marchisio has not, up to this point, shown the management let alone anyone that he deserves a pay rise. You can't show up for work one day and then not be bothered for the other 6 days of the week.

It just doesn't work like that unless you're dealing with Alessio Secco in which case your demands will be met without negotiation.

So the entire team is under-performing and it's making it difficult for a player to string together two decent performances so that doesn't make them eligible for a new contract?

:dielaugh:
Now the entire team is playing poorly again? Disagree.

Certain individuals are playing poorly. Others seem to be turning up and offering consistency.

So no, the players playing poorly who want more money, not a longer contract, do not deserve it from what they show on the pitch. Offer some consistency or decisiveness before you go tooting your own horn complaining that you only make 1m per year.

1m may not be much in terms of football salaries but it is still a lot of money and Marchisio is living more than comfortably. He doesn't deserve the 3m he wants unless he gets his head down and has a stormer of a season.

Chiellini on the other hand does deserve a new contract. He has proven it time and time again, he knows it and the management know it. Chiellini deserves a 3m per year salary. Not Marchisio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)