Claudio Marchisio (46 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Great late run in the box and finish for his goal.

People moaning that he was "invisible", should watch him more closely he was more defensive in the second half and was just tidying up play and that allowed Krasic and Pepe to get involved more.

If we can get him to really burst a gut and get into the box more often he can move up a level.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
needs more balls
Agreed, His performances are far too safe and have been this way for quite some time. His most memorable games with Juve have been when he plays as a box to box player, but more often than not he rarely ventures outside of a comfort zone in midfield, making basic sideways passes.

He is a good player, but it takes more than a lack of mistakes to be constantly overlooked from criticism. Along with Chiellini, I expect big things from from him this season. You want 3m a season, well step the fuck up and play how we all know u can on a consistent basis.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Still doesn't have his confidence or fitness back, but better today than his last couple.
:tup: Definitely agree.

Why did he lose confidence in the first place?
Probably in large part because he was played so much on the wing with us, and even as a treq last year with Italia... just had little continuity in his preferred position.

Combined with fitness issues, and the fact that he's what, our third lowest paid player, I can see how his confidence could be low. Who knows how is confidence really is though.

I think he definitely deserves a raise, but obviously not to 3M. Maybe 1.5? 1.8M? I could even see 2M, but I'm a big fan of his. Guy has been a consistent starter when healthy, and makes less than some pretty poor players... 1M is nothing, really.

Edit: The way our management talks about him, he should definitely be around 2M. If they feel so strongly about him, they should show it... we've spent money in far worse ways than paying a young staple of our team 2M.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he should not have lost confidence in the Wc simply because Lippi misused him...he was never going to play well in those tactics in that type of role.

Nonetheless, what does concern me is that DN is giving him the role and tactics that probably suit him best and he still isnt stepping it up.

Nothing wrong with being in a comfort zone provided he plays at a very high level. This isnt happening, and although he scored, surely Aquilani shuold be given a chance to start mid week or next serie a game????

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Agreed, His performances are far too safe and have been this way for quite some time. His most memorable games with Juve have been when he plays as a box to box player, but more often than not he rarely ventures outside of a comfort zone in midfield, making basic sideways passes.

He is a good player, but it takes more than a lack of mistakes to be constantly overlooked from criticism. Along with Chiellini, I expect big things from from him this season. You want 3m a season, well step the fuck up and play how we all know u can on a consistent basis.
Compared to his midfieldpartner in crime, Marchisio's mistakeless game is a breath of fresh air.

@Jack, yes I think we will see that partnership.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)