Claudio Marchisio (19 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
from Allegri:http://documentslide.com/documents/characteristics-of-three-midfielders-in-a-three-man-midfield.html
One of the two must be more endowed with characteristics of a regista in such a way to be able to be a reference point for the four defenders in the offensive build-up phase. The other one, instead, has to surely be furnished with a great deal of dynamism, outstanding running ability and be a good header of the ball. At one time, players endowed with these characteristics were called cursors of the midfield.

it seems the different formations of playing him will be:
4-3-1-2 (regista)
3-5-2 (regista)
4-2-3-1 (regista next to Khedira)
3-4-3 (when playing as regista next to Pjanic)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i'm still not sure about marchisio's physical shape. i mean surely he runs a lot without the ball, but he loses most of his duels, doesn't win balls like he used to, and his offensive contribution was close to zero, too. he played 80+ minutes and recovered zero balls in the middle of the pitch, ffs, even dybala had 2 successful tackles, not to mention mandzu's 6 recovered balls. also, his usual long balls weren't accurate, 1 of 4 attempts is pretty poor for his standards. for me, besides his usual relentless running, his passing accuracy saved his day as he only lost 2 balls in front of the defense, and that's not bad against monaco, who pressed pretty high compared to their usual style. he's still my favorite player of this current squad, but i guess we'll see the real marchisio only next season. i'd stick with khedira in the final.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
As much as I respect stats, you have to look beyond them for his last night performance. He was crucial for our build up from our own half, he covered his ground very good and his hold up play was excellent, those things can not be measured by stats. Just compare him to Bakayoko and Moutinho. I have nothing bad to say about his performance last night, perhaps you are seeing the game better, but to me he was more than great.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
As much as I respect stats, you have to look beyond them for his last night performance. He was crucial for our build up from our own half, he covered his ground very good and his hold up play was excellent, those things can not be measured by stats. Just compare him to Bakayoko and Moutinho. I have nothing bad to say about his performance last night, perhaps you are seeing the game better, but to me he was more than great.
Yeah I thought we looked more secure and smoother in possession than we did with Sami. He is just so cool on the ball and never looks fussed. Agree that he still clearly isn't 100% physically, but that will get better with more playing time obviously.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i'm not saying he was bad per se, i'm saying he still has a lot of room for improvement until he hits top form again. when in good shape, he's a great passer - yesterday he was decent. when in top form, he offers good defensive contribution, not only by covering spaces, but with intercepting opponents' passes and by tackles. yesterday he contributed defensively only the bare minimum compared to his usual self. usually, marchisio is an elegant player, but he challenges opponents to get the ball, if required. monaco pressed us hard during a period in the 2nd half, and marchisio still hadn't had any attempts to tackle. the same goes for supporting attacks, too: his vertical passes are usually more accurate and spot on (see the one that started our perfect counter last week), yesterday he played those rather poorly, or - for most of the cases, understandably - went safe with shorter passes. maybe it was allegri's advice and playing safe was the plan all along, i have no idea. anyway, a 60% marchisio is still better than most midfielders for me, and a 90% marchisio is a starter for any team. i'm not writing him off, i'd just like to see him hit top form again.

you said that marchisio was your unsung hero of the return leg. for me, dybala, higuain, mandzukic or pjanic played a better match.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I thought we looked more secure and smoother in possession than we did with Sami. He is just so cool on the ball and never looks fussed. Agree that he still clearly isn't 100% physically, but that will get better with more playing time obviously.
i'm afraid it's not about playing time. according to max, he's not fit enough to play 2 matches within a week. he just needs patience and a full summer preparation i guess.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont care about stats, we became instantly better as soon as he came in. Our technical level, ball retention and smooth possession doubled with him. All his physical flaws that holding him back currently is evident, but there is no critique worth it in last night, he had an excellent outing and made us better on technical its ridicolous.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Dont care about stats, we became instantly better as soon as he came in. Our technical level, ball retention and smooth possession doubled with him. All his physical flaws that holding him back currently is evident, but there is no critique worth it in last night, he had an excellent outing and made us better on technical its ridicolous.

Evident maybe, but clearly less compared to just a few weeks ago. I think he's starting to look a lot better. I kind of feel for Khedira though, he had an excellent season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)