Classy bit over here (the official Inter.. i mean joke thread) (2 Viewers)

SiccSense

Jul 4, 2006
Cagliari sign ‘keeper Chimenti Tuesday 3 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cagliari have a new goalkeeper after Antonio Chimenti completed his transfer from Juventus.

The 35-year-old, who started his career in Sardinia with Tempio in Serie C2, has signed a two-year contract.

"I’m happy with his arrival," said boss Nedo Sonetti. "Chimenti is one of the players who we wanted to improve our squad.

"He’ll now start to train with us and we will then evaluate his condition with respect to when he could play."

Chimenti leaves Turin after three seasons as understudy to Gigi Buffon where he made just seven League appearances.

The former Roma and Lecce man has been pushed out of the Delle Alpi after Christian Abbiati joined from Milan in the summer while Buffon recovered from shoulder surgery.

Cagliari have swooped for a goalkeeper following the uncertain performances of Andrea Campagnolo and Uruguay international Fabian Carini – who is on loan from Inter.

Meanwhile, Serie C side Genoa have signed the Messina pair of Luca Fusco and Ivica Iliev.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
SiccSense said:
Cagliari sign ‘keeper Chimenti Tuesday 3 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cagliari have a new goalkeeper after Antonio Chimenti completed his transfer from Juventus.

The 35-year-old, who started his career in Sardinia with Tempio in Serie C2, has signed a two-year contract.

"I’m happy with his arrival," said boss Nedo Sonetti. "Chimenti is one of the players who we wanted to improve our squad.

"He’ll now start to train with us and we will then evaluate his condition with respect to when he could play."

Chimenti leaves Turin after three seasons as understudy to Gigi Buffon where he made just seven League appearances.

The former Roma and Lecce man has been pushed out of the Delle Alpi after Christian Abbiati joined from Milan in the summer while Buffon recovered from shoulder surgery.

Cagliari have swooped for a goalkeeper following the uncertain performances of Andrea Campagnolo and Uruguay international Fabian Carini – who is on loan from Inter.

Meanwhile, Serie C side Genoa have signed the Messina pair of Luca Fusco and Ivica Iliev.

Latest News
03/01/2006 · Juventus 'keeper loaned to Cagliari
Cagliari have taken Juventus 'keeper Antonio Chimenti on loan until the end of the season.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i cant remember now, i copied that source from one of the previous pages in this thread as i was searching for stuff on chimenti and forgot to name the source, i think it mite of been eurosport, but i honestly cant remember.

SiccSense

Jul 4, 2006
Juventus keeper Chimenti loaned to Cagliari
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 - 19:13

Juventus goalkeeper Antonio Chimenti joined Cagliari on loan to the end of the season, the Turin club said on Tuesday.

The 35-year-old keeper failed to secure a starting place this season after Juventus signed Milan veteran keeper Christian Abbiati to cover the absence of injured Gianluigi Buffon.

Chimenti joined the Stadio Delle Alpi in the 2002-2003 season from Lecce and won two league titles and two local Super Cups with Juve.

He started only one game this season in Juve's 2-1 defeat against Milan. Ironically, it was Juventus only ddomestic loss so far.

Cagliari, third from bottom in the Serie A standings, conceded 28 goals so far this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)