[CL] Real Madrid - Juventus (2 Viewers)

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Did they score with Bilbao and does Bilbao have better players than us? You will have to find it out yourself... The answer is pure magic.

This will be the difference in Turin:
- We will be playing at a full Delle Alpi.
- Trezeguet and Nedved will be available
- Blasi won't attend

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
i dont think there is such a need for panic, if we play our normal 4-4-2
allow zambrotta to push forward along with neddy and camo and just be a bit more attack minded we can level the tie, and bring on the freshness in attack later in the game if needed to push for the win.
once we equalise we can crush thier spirit and go on to dominate and win.if we go all out attack we will be playing in to madrids hands of getting an away goal, but if we play a tight but more offensive game we can cause them problems like we did in the first 20 min of the first leg nedved is the key i cant wait for the second leg another great champions league result from the deli alpi, we can qualify

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
Did they score with Bilbao and does Bilbao have better players than us? You will have to find it out yourself... The answer is pure magic.

- Blasi won't attend
I think Blasi did very well, he worked very hard but Zidane played the game of his live. So, even with Davids you couldn't stop Zidane

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++

Real Madrid will always score, with 3, 4 or 5 defenders.
They won't always score, but you're right, the probability of Real finding a way through is very high, which is exactly why we should have attacked them. We knew, or at least I knew, that Real would get on the scoresheet therefore making it necessary for us to score as well. No-one can deny that attacking and losing 3-2 or 2-1 would've been much better than defending and going down 1-0 because now an away goal for Real in the second leg means that we have to score three times!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++

- Blasi won't attend
:D

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Thats the spirit, Say am crazy or whatever, but Juve will qualify ....
Thats right :thumb: (at least ´some of us do believe in our team :) )

btw.. IMO, capello should try to play a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 in all the games before the secund leg... so the players get use to it... and then use one of thoes against real madrid when we play them in delle alpi..!

Forza Juventus!

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Real madrids fixtures till the second leg

Sat, 26th A Deportivo (L.L.)
21:00 -
March
Wed, 2nd H Real Betis (L.L.)
20:00 -
Sun, 6th A Valencia (L.L.)
16:00

Juves fixtures

Sun, 27th H Siena (S.A)
14:00 -
March
Sat, 5th A Roma (S.A)
19:30 -

the big day

Wed, 9th H Real Madrid (U.C.L.)
19:45

as you can see real have 3 though matches we play only 2 games and have an extra days rest,plus reals team are getting on in years this hectic run suits us, if we beat siena and a moral boosting victory over roma as real suffer.

lets go juve its now or never

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Olivera absolutely sucked in this game!!!

No offense, this guys blows hot and cold. But this game was absolutely cold! The guy's got talent but he needs to work on his defending.

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
First of all it's great to be a part of this community since it seems many of you have a clear understanding of tactics and you've been following Juve for a long time.

Anyway, this match was lost just the way I (and probably many others too) predicted. Juve wasn't agressive enough, they couldn't pressure and move out from their shell at all. But as I said, it was predictable, especially when Nedved, who is way too important for the team at the moment, got injured.

The game was lost in the midfield, it's pretty obvious. There was a huge cap between the defence and the strikers. And when Zambrotta couldn't really attack because of the constant pressure, the responsibility of playmaking and moving the ball forward was left to Camoranesi and Emerson (Olivera was a joke in this game).

So all in all, the loss was definately not the fault of Zlatan nor DP, Juve lost because they were clearly the weaker team. And they were the weaker team because of the midfield.

If I can hope one new player for next season it'd be a playmaker. Maybe then DP (who seems to be quite a controversial figure at the boards) could be positioned to the best possible place for him,

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jussiut ] ++
First of all it's great to be a part of this community since it seems many of you have a clear understanding of tactics and you've been following Juve for a long time.

Anyway, this match was lost just the way I (and probably many others too) predicted. Juve wasn't agressive enough, they couldn't pressure and move out from their shell at all. But as I said, it was predictable, especially when Nedved, who is way too important for the team at the moment, got injured.

The game was lost in the midfield, it's pretty obvious. There was a huge cap between the defence and the strikers. And when Zambrotta couldn't really attack because of the constant pressure, the responsibility of playmaking and moving the ball forward was left to Camoranesi and Emerson (Olivera was a joke in this game).

So all in all, the loss was definately not the fault of Zlatan nor DP, Juve lost because they were clearly the weaker team. And they were the weaker team because of the midfield.

If I can hope one new player for next season it'd be a playmaker. Maybe then DP (who seems to be quite a controversial figure at the boards) could be positioned to the best possible place for him,
welcome.. :)

and i agree with everything u said, even the last part, as we REALLY do need a playmaker.. ;)

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Yesterday's game, just like countless games before, has proven that it is not just about numbers. 1 striker, 2 forwards, 3 attackers ... you can throw 5 men upfront and they'll still look lost . There's no cohesion, no understanding and simply no clue on how to build an organized attack. Bar the defence, the rest of the outfield players play like they've just met their teammates on the pitch for the first time. That's after almost 40 games into the season (on average, some even longer) What kind of football training goes on in Juve's training ground I'll never know. Like I've said it before, no other top team I've seen leaves the attackers to fend for themselves the way Juve does.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Again with the Zlatan and Dp apologists on this forum.

Lets face it they were both good and bad in their ways. They have no pace and Dp's strength on the ball is non existent but his off the ball running is excellent while Zlatan is the opposite.

I know it was a charity game but some things are significant, Dp runs off the ball and in an instant Zz finds him at the exact moment with a precise pass and the next thing the ball is at the back of the net. Very significant as its the biggest problem we have, we do not have a single player who has the ability to pass the right ball as the right time as when the forward is making his move

Example, Dp is free on the left hand side, Oliveira is with the ball and what does he do, he gives quite a hopeless pass which made Dp look slow and stupid. Countless times he runs into space but Camo , Blasi and Emerson are either holding onto the ball or do have the confidence to make the right telling pass.

I know in my heart that Real Madrid were not very good yesterday cos believe me if it was the Real of 2 years ago we would have been hammered 4 or 5

Oliveira, I have continued to say, I cannot see any qualities he posseses but ppl keep on coming up with things not visible to my eyes

I do think Juve can do it as this is not a vintage Real side and they are not that great away from home but my fear is Ronaldo cannot be this poor again

From Juve well we just have to attack as we really should have done last nite and for goodness sakes have some players who can shoot the ball where it gives the keeper no chance , not straight at him

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Agreed. DP is very good off the ball but we don't have anyone who can deliver a telling pass a la Zidane, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso. Tomas Rosicky would be a very good addition to this team for that reason.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Agreed. DP is very good off the ball but we don't have anyone who can deliver a telling pass a la Zidane, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso. Tomas Rosicky would be a very good addition to this team for that reason.
agree with u guys...

btw. stuart, how about Aimar? :D

di_vatai

Mar 30, 2004
this is not a serious question, whether juve or bilbao is the better team. there were no figo,zidane,raul,ronaldo, and we've seen how motivated real has been against us, you can not compare a champions league match with a similar championship game. we should open a thread how could dp lose his self-confidence and determination in 2 minutes...i really don't understand.
if we can keep zidane and raul, we will go through, you'll see
juventus born to be the winner side

Aug 26, 2003
ok now i have come over the result! 1:0 for Real i think we were more than lucky the match could have ended 2:0 or 3:0!

I have strange feelings about the team not only about this game!

I think that we have not a squad like Barca, Milan or Inter, our 1 squad can compare with them but our reserves are weak! Also i think that we are behind with our playing still, since Capello and especially Zlatan is here we are playing long ball to him to 90 %. IMO this is just weak a team like Juventus should be able to CONTROL a game, make it slow or fast!

at the beginning of the season we looked very solid as our defence was very good, and the striker were able to score at least once!

But now we are no near a good form, the defence is not that stable anymore (but ok) the midlefield is sad to say but dependend on Nedved! I think that we have no real problem in attack (guys like Trez or Ibra, Alex only need some confidence) but in midlifield were we lack creativity!
Our only creative players are Nedved, Del Piero and Camoranesi! with the long balls we take out most of our creative players! Also under Capello Zambrotta is not the same as before, i miss his many crosses!

I think that we surely lack depth, but Capello has to work with the players available, and IMO it is not a problem from individuals as the whole team is playing no good football and that is because of Capello! we have so many great players and are not able to control a game, just sad!

Ok back on Real game! 1:0 not that bad! Lets not forget we lacked a target man with Trez and played most of the game without Nedved which is our most important player in concern of attack!

I think the defence was ok, Zebina was not that good against Roberto Carlos and Canna was responsible for the goal!
in Midlefield we played ok since Nedved was out (Olivera is not ready for this kind of games) then we suffered and that was a result as we had no attack anymore!

All in all i think that we have still a good opportunity to progress, as Real was looking for more goals and they surely had to play there best football against us and only managed a 1:0!

for the return game i think If we are able to put in the right attitude, determination the will to win, we will win and progress, but i am asking my self if this juve is able to do it.
Also we need players like Nedved, Trez, Buffon to be at their best to overcome Real, anyway full Delle Alpi everything is possible forza Juve!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Im finally convinced. Del Piero should leave Juve now!
Please. If yesterday's game convinced you that Del Piero has to leave Juventus, you might as well say bye-bye to Zlatan too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)