[CL] Real Madrid - Juventus (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
IMO Zlatan played too wide. When he plays with DP he needs to act as more of a target man and use his physical qualities to our advantage. We need to commit more players forward because it was clear to see that the front two were very much isolated and suffered as a result of this. Both DP and Zlatan did pretty well in the first 20 minutes when we actually tried to take the game to Real but had no assistance whatsoever after that. I still think that Lubos Michel missed a clear free kick when Del Piero backheeled the ball to Emerson and Helguera took him out of it. That would've been a clear scoring chance. In the second leg we should play the trident attack because DP and Zlatan can't play together unless there's a point striker a la Trezeguet in the team. They both had fine games against Udinese because they were allowed to roam where they wanted and I think they should be allowed to do so against Real in Turin without consequences. We really need to make some midfield signings this summer.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
I think Gravesen was just as effective as Zidane. He was everywhere!
Gravesen was superb but we made his job easier by only having two players in Real's half most of the time.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I saw a 15 minute highlights, I think we had one shot on goal that was straight at Casillas. Which page is Vinny's post on?

Highlight of the evening: making fun of Tardelli as he struggled to keep awake in the post-match show.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
The great enigma:
Real Madrid can't defend & Juventus can't score.

Questions to ponder:
- How do you score when both your strikers are playing as wingers?
- How do you win when you play two DM's & tell your wingers to defend?

Points out of order:
- We can't cross
- We can't shoot
- We can't pass
- We can't defend set pieces

In the next 2 weeks we have find answers to the above questions.
If we have Trezegol then I have the answer.
He plays in attack.
-Cross comes from: Neddy, Camo, Zambo, DP and Zibina
-Shoots comes from: Neddy, Emerson, Tachinardi and Trezegol
-Passes comes from: Neddy, DP, Emerson, Zambo and Camo
-We can defend set pieces but Cannavaro made mistake by letting Helguera free (by the way, Cannavaro played very well).

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Like Zlatan said, DP never shows passion or fighting spirit. Blasi might have played badly, but at least he did show passion, fighting spirit and never give up attitude. If only DP could take a leaf out of his book!
Steal the whole book would be more like it.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I saw a 15 minute highlights, I think we had one shot on goal that was straight at Casillas. Which page is Vinny's post on?

Highlight of the evening: making fun of Tardelli as he struggled to keep awake in the post-match show.
IIRC we had five shots on goal. Two from Emerson, one from Neddy, one from Oli and one from Zlatan.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
I don't understand, why didn't we take advantage of the left size where Bravo played. Zambo went 2 or 3 times through but we had to put more attention there. Because Bravo was very bad. Believe me, If neddy was there then we have score at leat one goal. because Neddy plays on the left side.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++

He plays in attack.
-We can defend set pieces but Cannavaro made mistake by letting Helguera free (by the way, Cannavaro played very well).

you are joking man:D

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003

He plays in attack.
And Zlatan (our best forward)?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't understand, why didn't we take advantage of the left size where Bravo played. Zambo went 2 or 3 times through but we had to put more attention there. Because Bravo was very bad. Believe me, If neddy was there then we have score at leat one goal. because Neddy plays on the left side.
We just didn't get forward enough. We should've tested Raul Bravo as often as possible and more importantly sent more players forward.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

IIRC we had five shots on goal. Two from Emerson, one from Neddy, one from Oli and one from Zlatan.
Still, none struck me as threatening. And as usual, Raul missed a complete howler.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Luxemburgo Praises Attitude
2/23/2005 10:49:00 AM
Real Madrid coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo praised his players after the 1-0 win over Juventus at the Bernabeu.
"I was delighted with the attitude of my players," he said. "In games like this you can’t just play at 99 percent, you have to play at 100 percent and that’s what we did tonight."

He continued: "For me Real played a great game and 1-0 was a good result for us. But I felt we had enough chances to have scored two or three.

"I expected Juve to play on the break like they did and to try and use long balls up front to their forwards. But we were ready for that and always had five players covering back to deal with their counter-attacks."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)