[CL] Real Madrid 1-3 Juventus [April 11th 2018] (6 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I suppose thats how other Italian teams feel about us in the league.

We cant win CL if we continue scrutinizing ref decisions. This is not how a big club should act.

What these protests would help though is introduce VAR in CL and limit the amount of contentious decisions.
Simply not true. Both Madrid and Barca have cried foul many times over getting knocked out and decisions not going their way. One example was Madrid players like Ramos, Ronaldo, and coach Mourinho, etc crying conspiracy and outrage about the dive of Alves in El Clasico CL semifinal in 2011 that got Pepe sent off.

The penalty itself was a soft one, 50/50 imo, but shit happens and it was given. What's annoying is that we don't receive the same benefit of the doubt. If that was a penalty, then Cuadrado incident in first leg was a clear penalty. If Dybala gets a yellow for diving, both Ronaldo and Carvajal should have been sent off yesterday. Of course it's annoying to watch this as a fan, and people react poorly in the heat of the moment, but in general everyone moves on a day or two later.

It's about star power though and their influence on the pitch and you see it in every sport. We get the advantage of having the bigger stars and therefore influence in Serie A, Madrid and Barca get it in CL. Unfortunately selling a couple star players most summers isn't likely to help remedy that on the pitch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I guess it depends how soon we meet them again. If the memory is still fresh. New players won’t know what our current players went through.
Beppe would have bought a whole new squad by the time we meet them again :beppe:

- - - Updated - - -

And it's about 2 games too late. Hopefully we meet them next year. The only team I want to face after the group stages.

It will be different.

- - - Updated - - -

Real controversy
Juve protest shakes up UEFA: open to VAR

The technology can be used in the cup competitions too
Malagò: 'I’ll talk about it with Ceferin’

From Madrid to Madrid
Juve are already targeting the Final in 2019

At the Bernabeu, despite elimination and anger, the awareness was born that they are now in the European elite
Plan ready to reach the last act of next season’s Champions League, which will be hosted by Atletico’s stadium
Today the draw for the semi-finals: Real, Liverpool or Bayern for Roma

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/DesKellyBTS/sta...fw&ref_url=http://bleacherreport.com/juventus

- - - Updated - - -

I love how our 'target' is always to reach a Champions league final but we never talk about winning the whole damn thing :baus:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It is disgraceful. People focus on the penalty and say 'well, you can give it, what are Juve complaining about?'.

But usually those same people acknowledge Juve probably wouldn't have gotten that same penalty. That's just not right. Both teams should play according the same rules. Dybala's red card, the penalty on Cuadrado not given, the penalty on Vazquez given.. I'm sorry, but it's blatant that we do not get treated the same.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Seven is spot on. And its not just us. Remember Real v Bayern. Ronaldo offside goal. Vidal gets dubious sent off.
There was also Nani straight red couple of years ago.
Also why Real players dont get booked for diving? If Dybala gets booked for same dive. I can remember Ronaldo dive in our box during first half and waving hands at ref.
I also thought in the final last season ref allowed Real aggressive play. There was that challenge on Mandzukic. Casemiro put in couple of dangerous play fouls. In the meantime Dybala got booked first 10 min which im sure affected his game cause he couldnt challenge for ball anymore without risk of seeing red.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think more popular teams do get favoritism. Not always blatantly, but when there is a questionable a call, maybe one the ref isn't totally sure on it, it seems to be more likely to go in favor of the bigger more popular team.

With Real, the constant diving in particular is nauseating. Maybe just cause it is so often Ronaldo. He has no excuses to be doing this shit, he is the 2nd best player in the world, is large for a footballer and shredded.

He isn't getting out muscled by defenders he is running around looking for slight contact and then falls to the floor shouting at the ref and throwing his arms around so dramatically. Part of me wants to like for him the player he is, and despite the massive ego he doesn't seem like a bad guy outside of football but the flopping is so cringe. That refs just ignore it cause of his status makes it twice as bad.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I think more popular teams do get favoritism. Not always blatantly, but when there is a questionable a call, maybe one the ref isn't totally sure on it, it seems to be more likely to go in favor of the bigger more popular team.

With Real, the constant diving in particular is nauseating. Maybe just cause it is so often Ronaldo. He has no excuses to be doing this shit, he is the 2nd best player in the world, is large for a footballer and shredded.

He isn't getting out muscled by defenders he is running around looking for slight contact and then falls to the floor shouting at the ref and throwing his arms around so dramatically. Part of me wants to like for him the player he is, and despite the massive ego he doesn't seem like a bad guy outside of football but the flopping is so cringe. That refs just ignore it cause of his status makes it twice as bad.
This. The other thing is people seem not to appreciate the restrain Buffon had. Look at his reaction when the ref pulled the red card. Put his career into context and factor in that just a week earlier the cl dream was all but dead. I don't condone violence but that was super human right there.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
to be fair, that was a 50/50 penalty call. What we need to do is ensure that 50/50 calls in the future goes our way. We have to be popular in the footballing world and feared in the refereeing world. Below are two marketing plans that should happen concurrently.

Plan 1)
Constantly sponsor fans to wear Juventus jersey at EPL games to make funny chants at English referees. Remember, it has to be funny and trollish in order for it to end up on social media and make us loved by football fans. Fifa will be afraid to ban it if it makes money.

Plan 2)
Put pressure on FIFA or football fans to vote to ban or remove certain referees that are not performing well. Keep trying until one such case succeed. It will then strike fear into referees heart not to fak with us on the 50:50 Decisions.

Mar 10, 2009

With Real, the constant diving in particular is nauseating. Maybe just cause it is so often Ronaldo. He has no excuses to be doing this $#@!, he is the 2nd best player in the world, is large for a footballer and shredded.

This is how I feel to be honest. I think it is favourtism rather than genuine match fixing, but this is why VAR is needed. Although I still question how Barcelona and Real seemingly never play each other in the knockoutstages anymore.

glz27

Jul 14, 2016
"Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos will face no further Champions League punishment following Wednesday night’s victory over Juventus.

The Madrid captain – who was suspended for the tie for an accumulation of bookings – was present in the tunnel and club dressing room, allegedly breaking UEFA rules.

However, Cope report on Friday that the Spain international will not be sanctioned further and will be free to play in Madrid’s semi-finals.

There had been suggestions that the 32-year-old would be banned for one or two further matches due to breaching the terms of his suspension but this now no longer appears to be the case."

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
"Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos will face no further Champions League punishment following Wednesday night’s victory over Juventus.

The Madrid captain – who was suspended for the tie for an accumulation of bookings – was present in the tunnel and club dressing room, allegedly breaking UEFA rules.

However, Cope report on Friday that the Spain international will not be sanctioned further and will be free to play in Madrid’s semi-finals.

There had been suggestions that the 32-year-old would be banned for one or two further matches due to breaching the terms of his suspension but this now no longer appears to be the case."
Insane. And unacceptable.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)