[CL] Real Madrid 1-3 Juventus [April 11th 2018] (6 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
IMO the main point here is that awarding the PK could've and should have been avoided for the sake of a fair and clean outcome to the game, which obviously wasn't the case here, even if there was some contact(it's a contact sport afterall) it just wasn't a clear cut foul by any means... The ref knew exactly what he's doing and at what a time he about to do it, i'm not into finding excuses but after taking both legs under consideration it's rather hard not to acknowledge that we've been more or less sistematically kicked out of this competition.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Proud of this team :theflag:

For some reason I have so much optimism about us in Europe next season. Even in this loss, I really feel like we’ve turned a corner.
What other team and coach has managed to smash both Madrid and Barca in the CL in the last few years? Good reason to think we are a signing or two away from being favourites in this competition.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Allegri did the reasonable thing the final 10 mins.

Madrid had gone through 3 subs. Allegri was pulling the team back and kept his subs for ET.

Madrid would have almost certainly crumbled physically in the ET.

They were exceptionally lucky to be gifted the penalty

- - - Updated - - -

Why not do it at the start of the game and score early and finish the tie ?
Allegri was in doubt after the game himself, so it is not easy to say what was the right thing to do. To me we definitely looked the more tired team out there, which is often the case for us with our squad and style of play. I dont see the advantage of waiting, when we are already tired and Madrid are all over us. We could atleast draw some time and catch our breath from those subs.
For sure they were lucky to get the penalty, so we can say that Allegris bet almost worked out, but it was a huge and wrong bet in my view.

They were complacent, not in danger and they were not playing super well. So we kept them quite well off chances for the opening hour (although they had more attempts than us). It was a different situation at the end, at 3-3. We know they are lethal and ruthless when it matters. We are not.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
My biggest problem with the penalty is that we wouldn’t have got it. It’s exactly the same which happened in the final against Barcelona.
bayern got the same treatment against real last season. i guess champions league is the next ballon d'or that only either messi or cr can win, the others have no chance at all.

allegri's knockout record speaks for itself: with him, we only lost to bayern (offside goal for them, and we were denied a completely regular goal by morata) and to real (no pen for a foul on cuadrado at home, and yesterday's VERGOGNA!!!!1!!!!11!!! at the bernabeu). hats off, max.

- - - Updated - - -

my problem is not the penalty itself
is the referee calls as a hole during both games
ronaldo dived like 4-5 times just to provoke a yellow or a penalty. after licht got his yellow card, ronaldo tried to get him a second one, and the ref choose to turn his fucking head. it's quite hard to take.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What other team and coach has managed to smash both Madrid and Barca in the CL in the last few years? Good reason to think we are a signing or two away from being favourites in this competition.
We are money away from being favourites. And with that I mean we must create more revenue for the UEFA.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The good thing about all of this is that people are starting to have had enough. Had this happened four or five years ago, I guarantee you people would have called us sore losers. Today the reaction is more along the lines of 'Madrid got favoured? Again?'. There will be a lot of pressure on the UEFA to provide fair and honest refs in the future.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
The good thing about all of this is that people are starting to have had enough. Had this happened four or five years ago, I guarantee you people would have called us sore losers. Today the reaction is more along the lines of 'Madrid got favoured? Again?'. There will be a lot of pressure on the UEFA to provide fair and honest refs in the future.
:agree: everyone is warming up to the bias calls, I think 75% of the comments ive seen have been sided with Juventus, but maybe that's just I think other teams supporters have a soft spot for us rather than wanting to see Madrid win again.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What's up with fools here saying like this proved something and motivated the club something :sergio: we've been doing this since allegri took over :rofl: if this proved anything it should be that the fact that allegri has stagnated and couldn't get any better.

:rofl:

Allegri and the team, regardless of personnel have experienced first hand repeatedly, the very same mistake we made when we got knocked out.

Against bayern, we were embarrassing at home.

Then a month ago against even fucking spurs.

Then just now.

Lightning doesn't strike the same exact spot thrice :rofl:

It's either allegri is stupid because he didn't see such blatant pattern, or he's ignoring it, either way there's no other conclusion apart from that this is 100% allegri's fault one way or another, because essentially we defeated ourselves on our own, repeatedly.

Go commit suicide or something similar.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
To make the call of a penalty deep into overtime you need to be 100% sure it's a penalty. The VAR would have helped the ref not to make the call because you simply cannot be 100% sure that this was a penalty.

I believe there are different parametres in place when we talk about such a crucial desicion. The ref has to be 100% sure. I have watched it in replay 30 times and i'm still not 100% sure what it was.

When in doubt: NO PENALTY.

That being said. WTF was Benatia doing anyway?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
To make the call of a penalty deep into overtime you need to be 100% sure it's a penalty. The VAR would have helped the ref not to make the call because you simply cannot be 100% sure that this was a penalty.

I believe there are different parametres in place when we talk about such a crucial desicion. The ref has to be 100% sure. I have watched it in replay 30 times and i'm still not 100% sure what it was.

Exactly my point on this aswell. :tup:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
It's been a clear pattern ever since that Danish or Swedish cvnt Overbro screwed Chelsea

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Allegri was in doubt after the game himself, so it is not easy to say what was the right thing to do. To me we definitely looked the more tired team out there, which is often the case for us with our squad and style of play. I dont see the advantage of waiting, when we are already tired and Madrid are all over us. We could atleast draw some time and catch our breath from those subs.
For sure they were lucky to get the penalty, so we can say that Allegris bet almost worked out, but it was a huge and wrong bet in my view.

They were complacent, not in danger and they were not playing super well. So we kept them quite well off chances for the opening hour (although they had more attempts than us). It was a different situation at the end, at 3-3. We know they are lethal and ruthless when it matters. We are not.
Allegri wasent fucking in doubt. He was warming up several players but didnt let any enter yet. And he kept the team back at the end. He knew what he was doing, cause real was gonna press desperately to avoid ET and revage themselves when we were there.

'a huge and wrong bet'. What the actual fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said. WTF was Benatia doing anyway?
If the madrid player controlls the ball , there is no way he could have prevented a clean shot, and buffon would have been wrong footed.

Benatia tried all he could to make sure he wouldnt be able to controll the pass

- - - Updated - - -

What's up with fools here saying like this proved something and motivated the club something :sergio: we've been doing this since allegri took over :rofl: if this proved anything it should be that the fact that allegri has stagnated and couldn't get any better.

Allegri and the team, regardless of personnel have experienced first hand repeatedly, the very same mistake we made when we got knocked out.

Against bayern, we were embarrassing at home.

Then a month ago against even fucking spurs.

Then just now.

Lightning doesn't strike the same exact spot thrice :rofl:

It's either allegri is stupid because he didn't see such blatant pattern, or he's ignoring it, either way there's no other conclusion apart from that this is 100% allegri's fault one way or another, because essentially we defeated ourselves on our own, repeatedly.

Please log out and go to sleep

Preferably on a buzy railroad

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It was a penalty. A clear one. We cannot keep protesting it and just accept that we lost concentration for a second and it cost us.

The only thing we can argue as a possible injustice is that this penalty in +90 minute wouldn't have been given to ANY team facing Real or Barca.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)