[CL] Real Madrid 1-3 Juventus [April 11th 2018] (5 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It was a penalty. A clear one. We cannot keep protesting it and just accept that we lost concentration for a second and it cost us.

The only thing we can argue as a possible injustice is that this penalty in +90 minute wouldn't have been given to ANY team facing Real or Barca.
It's a clear penalty according to you. And you are the arbiter of what is or isn't a penalty?

It's 50/50 call for me. And lots of experts, including outside Italy are saying it wasn't a penalty. It's clearly a debatable call, your sole opinion doesn't change that.

Add to that, the Cuadrado incident in the first leg was easily as clear a penalty and was not given. Or that Real Madrid players were allowed to dive all over the pitch without consequence while Dybala was carded for a single dive in Turin.

The refs called the match one way for Real and another way for us. Do I think there is a conspiracy? Nope. I think the refs did a shit job and perhaps got intimidated by star power of Madrid's squad, and yesterday maybe the Bernabeu.

I'm perfectly fine with that being a penalty if Cuadrado gets a penalty too in the first leg.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's a clear penalty according to you. And you are the arbiter of what is or isn't a penalty?

It's 50/50 call for me. And lots of experts, including outside Italy are saying it wasn't a penalty. It's clearly a debatable call, your sole opinion doesn't change that.

Add to that, the Cuadrado incident in the first leg was easily as clear a penalty and was not given. Or that Real Madrid players were allowed to dive all over the pitch without consequence while Dybala was carded for a single dive in Turin.

The refs called the match one way for Real and another way for us. Do I think there is a conspiracy? Nope. I think the refs did a shit job and perhaps got intimidated by star power of Madrid's squad, and yesterday maybe the Bernabeu.

I'm perfectly fine with that being a penalty if Cuadrado gets a penalty too in the first leg.

42% of Marca's readers (Real Madrid's paper) say it wasn't a penalty. If half of the Madrid fans think it wasn't, at the very least it is very debatable. And that's where la gazzetta get it spot on: if it is such a dubious call and it is the last minute of the game, the benefit of the doubt should go with the defender.

But it didn't. Because it is Real Madrid.

Oh, and as for the conspiracy: it's very likely that UEFA just pull the same trick FIFA did. You send an inexperienced ref to important games. Or you send someone you know has already buckled under pressure before.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

The refs called the match one way for Real and another way for us. Do I think there is a conspiracy? Nope. I think the refs did a $#@! job and perhaps got intimidated by star power of Madrid's squad, and yesterday maybe the Bernabeu.

Exactly my point. The injustice in it is that if it was Juve's penalty against Real, it wouldn't have been given. But it was a penalty all day long. If it happened in the 60th or 70th minute of the game, we would have witnessed way fewer protests.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Both FIFA and UEFA were shown a couple years ago to be very corrupt organizations. Why would you be so sure that RM being blatantly helped to progress in CL knockouts for the 2nd year in row is a coincidence?

Berni99

Mar 30, 2014
I am shocked with many of AC Milan fans reactions, they're celebrating Buffon's red card more than us being knocked out in that way, why so much hate towards Gigi? They're even comparing Welbeck's dive to Benatia's fault on Vazquez... WTF! They didn't even score one goal playing against a terrible Arsenal side, they're like one of the worst past "top" teams in the world and they somehow manage to follow and discuss our news. They don't even realize that their team are very unlikely to go back to what they once were, denial mixed with jealousy is a very sad condition.
Bunch of Losers, we will win the scudetto the next 10 years and Milan play Europa League

Mar 10, 2009
:agree: everyone is warming up to the bias calls, I think 75% of the comments ive seen have been sided with Juventus, but maybe that's just I think other teams supporters have a soft spot for us rather than wanting to see Madrid win again.
I think ppl have had enough to be honest, they're loosing their confidence in the authority that is governing football. There is far too much favortism towards Barcelona and Real Madrid, that if you are not a fan of the two you feel aliented.
Heck even Barcelona's 'comeback' against PSG wasnt merited because of Saurez's dive. Enough is enough!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Both FIFA and UEFA were shown a couple years ago to be very corrupt organizations. Why would you be so sure that RM being blatantly helped to get to the CL title for the 2nd year in row is a coincidence?

Yeah, I don't get this at all. Journalists are way too quick to condemn any talk of conspiracy. We know UEFA is a corrupt organization.

It's time governments start to interfere with this bullshit. Like I've said before, this sport generates billions of dollars. This is real money we're talking about. And we're being defrauded on a mass scale.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Both FIFA and UEFA were shown a couple years ago to be very corrupt organizations. Why would you be so sure that RM being blatantly helped to progress in CL knockouts for the 2nd year in row is a coincidence?
I know all this... but I choose to have some faith they aren't blatantly fixing matches. Otherwise it's pointless to watch for me. Would take all the joy out of it if I became more cynical and thought it was scripted like a fake wrestling match. Oh well. It's bullshit either way. The fact we have been given 4 red cards and conceded 3 penalties in our last 7 CL matches against Real is a joke.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I know all this... but I choose to have some faith they aren't blatantly fixing matches. Otherwise it's pointless to watch for me. Would take all the joy out of it if I became more cynical and thought it was scripted like a fake wrestling match. Oh well. It's bullshit either way. The fact we have been given 4 red cards and conceded 3 penalties in our last 7 CL matches against Real is a joke.

They're not fixing, they're influencing. And it is my firm belief that within the next 10 years they will be caught. There's just too much money involved for them not to be.

Mar 10, 2009
It was a penalty. A clear one. We cannot keep protesting it and just accept that we lost concentration for a second and it cost us.

The only thing we can argue as a possible injustice is that this penalty in +90 minute wouldn't have been given to ANY team facing Real or Barca.
Ppl are frustrated with the inequality. If you want to give that penalty, then you need to give Cuadrado his. If you want to book Dybala for diving then you need to book Roaldo for at least one of his ten dives.

This is what ppl are complaining about. Barcelona and Real keep getting favourable decisions each year. From Saurez's dive to Real's offside goals.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
This is what ppl are complaining about. Barcelona and Real keep getting favourable decisions each year. From Saurez's dive to Real's offside goals.
Agreed. It's obvious. And the two legs against Bayern last season were even worse than this. Same goes to Barca who got favoured for years against Chelsea and PSG among others.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
There was clearly a push from Benatia but such a soft one that you just dont whistle to such things.. its more equal to shoulder to shoulder than a foul..
I dont remember any deserved penalty for fouling Cuadrado and people say its the same so if I dont think Cuadrado`s incident was a foul - This one shouldnt be a penalty as well..
There were so many Real players diving and I was shocked no cards were shown for their acts
The truth is Vazquez probably came back to his wife after his game and asked her to touch him as gentle as Benatia..

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Allegri wasent fucking in doubt. He was warming up several players but didnt let any enter yet. And he kept the team back at the end. He knew what he was doing, cause real was gonna press desperately to avoid ET and revage themselves when we were there.

'a huge and wrong bet'. What the actual fuck.
Yes we all know what he was trying to do, and that he thought he knew what he was doing. But Real had 4 chances in our box the last 20minutes and we were not responding. The impact of subs wouldnt have been bigger the more he waited. 70min in Cuads should have enough speed and workrate to help us out. Anyways we disagree. Unlucky it definitely was.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Fixing matches requires a ref fully dedicated to getting the favorable result for his team no matter what, that's pretty hard to sign under when you know hundreds of millions will watch your every face expression and analyze every decision.

Agreeing to help out if there's a possibility doesn't involve much risk, career end and statute of limitation will probably kick in way sooner than anything will be discovered.

Less than two decades ago most believed Lance Armstrong was clean. Less than one decade ago almost no one believed Russia has a country level doping organization. Is there a reason to give UEFA benefit of the doubt in face of their own recent scandals? Lol no, they might be just as rotten as team Armstrong or Russian Olympic Federation.

Mar 10, 2009
There was clearly a push from Benatia but such a soft one that you just dont whistle to such things.. its more equal to shoulder to shoulder than a foul..
I dont remember any deserved penalty for fouling Cuadrado and people say its the same so if I dont think Cuadrado`s incident was a foul - This one shouldnt be a penalty as well..
There were so many Real players diving and I was shocked no cards were shown for their acts
The truth is Vazquez probably came back to his wife after his game and asked her to touch him as gentle as Benatia..
Vazquez didnt even complain lol, he knows he fell down easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)