[CL] Porto 2-1 Juventus [February 17th, 2021] (24 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Our problem as a club is that we cant get this fuckin Serie A out of our minds. The players play in CL with the same attitude as in Serie A where you have fuckin 38 games and can afford to be fairly relaxed, can afford to fuck up a pass or two, can afford to fuck up a one-on-one.

Our thick players cant get into their dumb heads that in CL you have to be on from the first second to the last, perfect. We dont have that switch.
This league format conditioning is killing us.

I dont see any other way to fix this than finally by hiring a foreign coach. And then another one, and then another one until we detox this shit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Our problem as a club is that we cant get this fuckin Serie A out of our minds. The players play in CL with the same attitude as in Serie A where you have fuckin 38 games and can afford to be fairly relaxed, can afford to fuck up a pass or two, can afford to fuck up a one-on-one.

Our thick players cant get into their dumb heads that in CL you have to be on from the first second to the last, perfect. We dont have that switch.
This league format conditioning is killing us.

I dont see any other way to fix this than finally by hiring a foreign coach. And then another one, and then another one until we detox this shit.
It's what drove me mad the most when we had Allegri. We were winning too many games 1-0 against poor teams whole constantly trying to conserve our energy, never taking chances and cruising the last 20mins of games like it was a training match. Then when the time came to pick up the pace in the CL we hadn't a clue what we were doing. We didn't know how to kill games off.

Where as Real, Barca and Bayern etc would smash all the small times by 3+ goals and knew how to keep that lace for 90mins and finish teams off.

I said it 10 years ago we won't win the CL with an Italian manager.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
It's what drove me mad the most when we had Allegri. We were winning too many games 1-0 against poor teams whole constantly trying to conserve our energy, never taking chances and cruising the last 20mins of games like it was a training match. Then when the time came to pick up the pace in the CL we hadn't a clue what we were doing. We didn't know how to kill games off.

Where as Real, Barca and Bayern etc would smash all the small times by 3+ goals and knew how to keep that lace for 90mins and finish teams off.

Then we aren’t winning a CL until Agnelli changes that requirement/policy

it’s been steadfast for over a decade since we did Deschamps dirty

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Hard to care about the result when you're so high like me but much better result in the end than 1-0 or 2-0.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I had a look at the highlights again

What is absolutely clear is that this guy just fucking jogs around while Rabiot runs like a headless chicken. So many times where they are both either attached at the hip on top of each other or Rabiot is getting in advanced position and Benta is jogging around. Just far too casual. No positional awareness.
3e3fef63595c10f19b80f160318cfadc.jpg

First image look they are all on top of each other, that's more on Rabiot and Benta as Mckennie has that free role

76a5c190586868cf74d6a5fd2d4ef783.jpg

I know the mids can't get pushed to the wings but this is just an example of how our mids are all over the place, how are we expected to move the ball centrally or play it to the forwards to lay off when we have no spine.

0c93af673aa5a0f15fc5828a9c6c72e6.jpg

Benta was jogging before this and wouldve made it in front of the porto player if he acrually ran. Instead he is left behind

5b94de0db400f80ba22fc4daf3b5ef6c.jpg

This one Bentancur, once again being lazy, doesn't push up and occupy that space between the porto players. If he does that he creates space for others by occupying at least one of their center mids

Lazy lazy lazy and 0 positional awareness. Also he constantly has his back to goal. Rabiot has 0 awareness and positional skill, his only ability is to break at pace other than that nothing. The two of them offer no presence in the midfield and leave us with a midfield that is disconnected from the the defense and the attack.

Last edited:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
So this performance and result were nearly as bad as the Lyon first leg from last season. Nice to see clear and obvious progress from this team, right.

End of an era unfortunately. We won’t win the league, we are about to get bundled out of europe at the last 16 stage (again) and we will probably lose against Atalanta in the Coppa italia final.

Misery.
I know we had a silly argument before but I am glad you are giving Pirlo the same treatment as Sarri, unlike a lot of biased peasants here.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Dude. The first Allegri season people consistently bitched about, after Cardiff... 17-18. We scored 86 goals in the league. Conceded 24. +62 goal differential. 95 points. Smashed Madrid 3-1 at the Bernabeu in that return leg after disaster mistakes from Buffon-Chiellini and Dybala red card screwed us in first leg. We weren’t winning matches 1-0 that year. We were consistently scoring 2+ goals. And dominating almost everyone we played that year.

Allegri’s very last year was a mess on every level. But before that, his Juventus was dominant as fuck. And was twice within 45 minutes of winning the CL, against teams with vastly more expensive squads at the time. It’s complete bullshit that Allegri couldn’t win CL. He managed to beat pretty much everyone in CL.

Given proper backing by management and building the team to suit his wants, instead of constantly selling his top players, then he would have won us a CL for sure. If we had just kept Vidal in 15-16 and 16-17 I’d say we’d have very likely won CL one of those years.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I'm at a point where I'd take Matuidi-Pjanic-Khedira over what we have right now.

Complete jabroni midfield.

Hell, bring back Tiago. He'd fit in perfectly.
:tup: Marotta days are long gone even if he could not sell.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I had a look at the highlights again

What is absolutely clear is that this guy just fucking jogs around while Rabiot runs like a headless chicken. So many times where they are both either attached at the hip on top of each other or Rabiot is getting in advanced position and Benta is jogging around. Just far too casual. No positional awareness.
3e3fef63595c10f19b80f160318cfadc.jpg

First image look they are all on top of each other, that's more on Rabiot and Benta as Mckennie has that free role

76a5c190586868cf74d6a5fd2d4ef783.jpg

I know the mids can't get pushed to the wings but this is just an example of how our mids are all over the place, how are we expected to move the ball centrally or play it to the forwards to lay off when we have no spine.

0c93af673aa5a0f15fc5828a9c6c72e6.jpg

Benta was jogging before this and wouldve made it in front of the porto player if he acrually ran. Instead he is left behind

5b94de0db400f80ba22fc4daf3b5ef6c.jpg

This one Bentancur, once again being lazy, doesn't push up and occupy that space between the porto players. If he does that he creates space for others by occupying at least one of their center mids

Lazy lazy lazy and 0 positional awareness. Also he constantly has his back to goal. Rabiot has 0 awareness and positional skill, his only ability is to break at pace other than that nothing. The two of them offer no presence in the midfield and leave us with a midfield that is disconnected from the the defense and the attack.
Imagine this happening with Cheesio and Arturo. Man how we've regressed.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Imagine this happening with Cheesio and Arturo. Man how we've regressed.
it's certainly true, but it's down to a bit more than the players themselves. rabiot's tactical awareness wasn't bad at all at psg, and i also remember pretty well how bentancur played 2 seasons ago away at udinese: we saw the game in the dacia stadium, bentancur was given a (then rare) starting place, and he had a near perfect match, and also scored a goal, his first with juve. his movement was spot on in a flat 4-3-3. it was a well orchestrated, hard working team, even with supposedly soft players like dybala and bentancur in it.

these players aren't shit and aren't supposed to play like shit. it's either the direction (or the lack of) they are getting, or that motivation agnelli talked about years ago when he fired the most fitting coach we'll ever have. or they simply forgot how to play football at the age of 23/25, let's not discard that either. :shifty:

Nejc

May 13, 2006
The team as a whole is just clueless when it comes to playing against opponents that know how to press and also when it comes to pressing and winning the ball back. Skills that dont required players to be amazing individually (which they arent) but is more down to organization.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
For a professional journalist, that's a fairly poor "analysis". (Not talking about the language issues here, as those are to be expected.)

Most of the players are young & lack experience? Nope. You could make that argument for 3 or 4 players, but most?
Ronaldo was terrible? Thank you, captain obvious.
Huge midfield issues? You don't say.
Lack of focus? That's a first!
It needs to be fixed? Marvelous idea!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
For a professional journalist, that's a fairly poor "analysis". (Not talking about the language issues here, as those are to be expected.)

Most of the players are young & lack experience? Nope. You could make that argument for 3 or 4 players, but most?
Ronaldo was terrible? Thank you, captain obvious.
Huge midfield issues? You don't say.
Lack of focus? That's a first!
It needs to be fixed? Marvelous idea!
yup. guy had a couple of interesting takes on mercato, but this is just unnecessary.

being a sports journalist in italy might be a relaxing job. that's why appreciate james horncastle, he actually puts an effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)