[CL] Olympiacos 1-0 JUVENTUS (October 22nd 2014) (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkorpyon

Jan 13, 2008
Many people blaming the tactic.

But Bayern manage to beat Roma by 7-1 with 3-5-2.

Note: I don´t like the 3-5-2 but i think the problem is elsewhere.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

You are right that the formation isn't the problem. The tactics are tho. Bayern and Juventus might have a similar formation, but our playstyle, approach to the games and tactics are very different.

We lack offensive firepower which comes down to a lack of quality among our players and a very static style of play. Oh and our defense isn't as strong as some people seem to think. I remember "Europes best defense" :lol2:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Juve plays slowest football by far, when it comes to "big european" teams, and Italian clubs in general are lazy fucks while other leagues are making advances in style and pace of the game.Italian coaches suck, they think tactics still are enough to beat teams at european level... pathetic.
They're arrogant fucks too. They still think the football Serie A teams played in the 80s and 90s (tactically) is still relevant in today's world.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Well, there's always next year!

I can't shake the feeling that, once again, we go into a European game underestimating the opposition. As if everything will just work out & end well, regardless of our approach.
Sure, we missed a shitload of chances in the end, but this game could have been over by half time anyway.

Buffon 6,5
Ogbonna 4 - I was in awe. I miss Boumsong.
Bonucci 5,5 - Rather poor for big parts of the game.
Chiellini 6 - Nothing spectacular, but okay.
Lichtsteiner 5 - Surprisingly poor.
Asamoah 5,5 - Too many (small) mistakes & not enough urgency going forward.
Vidal 5 - Very poor start but improved as the game went on.
Pirlo 3 - Very poor start but improved when he was subbed out.
Pogba 5,5 - A few sparks.
Tevez 4,5 - Terrible first half. Annoying & wasteful in the second.
Morata 6 - The most lively & dangerous man out there. But let's not exaggerate his performance: zero points for efficiency.

Marchisio 6 - Managed to be worse than Pirlo those first few minutes. But, ultimately, you can't deny his immense positive influence on the game.
Pereyra -
Giovinco - Should have come on way earlier. You won't hear me say that every month.
Good post, Buck and I agree with all of your player ratings too.

Please post more mate :D

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Now expect a lot of Allegri comments this days in style," We will be good", "this team is fine just need some ajustments","we will start winning just right now" and similar Milan days excuses ,meanwhile consulting with Marotta and Agnelli to be sure that he did not make any wrong statement.....

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

It's exactly the tactics. I wouldn't mind playing 3-5-2 if we have offensive players like Bayern Munich. The problem is that we are using Asamoah and Lichtsteiner as our main creative force and they have Goetze, Robben, Ribery, Shaquiri.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yep. Our starting XI is pretty average. A half decent side capable of challenging the likes of benfica and leverkusen

we lack the players and even worse instead of average wingers attacking each flank we have a center mid and an old full back

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Too many keep talking about 3-5-2 and tactics, is Juve seriously not capable of AT LEAST drawing 3rd positioned team in Greek Super league???? Do you REALLY think 3-5-2 is the reason a team like Juve can't beat an average/modest individual players like Kasami, Mitroglou, Maniatis and the rest of their squad? It's not the 3-5-2 that is costing Juve, it's the poor mentality as simple as that.

I agree, this formation and tactics should be changed ASAP and specially when facing experienced 1st class teams, but to beat the likes of Malmo, Olympiacos, Galatasaray you need the right mentality. Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo, Tevez and the rest were representing Genoa or Lecce and not Juventus. You don't fvcking go as the under dog in Greece and allow Olympiacos so much space to attack you.

I couldn't stand Conte for his chicken mind giving up mentality before competition even kicked off. Allegri better change the mentality of the players before the fvcking silly formation most of you are blaming.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Too many keep talking about 3-5-2 and tactics, is Juve seriously not capable of AT LEAST drawing 3rd positioned team in Greek Super league???? Do you REALLY think 3-5-2 is the reason a team like Juve can't beat an average/modest individual players like Kasami, Mitroglou, Maniatis and the rest of their squad? It's not the 3-5-2 that is costing Juve, it's the poor mentality as simple as that.

I agree, this formation and tactics should be changed ASAP and specially when facing experienced 1st class teams, but to beat the likes of Malmo, Olympiacos, Galatasaray you need the right mentality. Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo, Tevez and the rest were representing Genoa or Lecce and not Juventus. You don't fvcking go as the under dog and allow Olympiacos so much space to attack you.

I couldn't stand Conte for his chicken mind giving up before competition even kick off. Allegri better change the mentality of the players before the fvcking silly formation most of you are blaming.
this!!!!!!!!
it is a problem in whole italy. Italian football is so slow and in europe teams don't play that slow anymore. Italian football hasn't rejuvenated as much as the other competition in europe. at the moment 'weaker' teams in cl causing Juve trouble simply because the whole team is overrunned by the pace of the opponent. In serie a no team is running at Juve like that. Still we should had won yesterday if Morata and Tevez first looked at the goal and then shoot. Instead of ballwatching and shooting at the same time. This is basic stuff and i am suprise our 'best' attackers aren't capable of it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003

I agree that our problem was more than just tactics, but to say that 3-5-2 is valid because Bayern won with it discounts the fact that Bayern actually have proper wingers whereas we have Lichtsteiner and Asamoah.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Maybe our best players are actually nothing special? Pogba will be a top player one day, Vidal and Barzagli are WC when fit and thats where it stops.

- - - Updated - - -

Why the fuck are people comparing our 352 to Bayerns. We are infinitely less fluid and have defenders doing the job that ribery and robben do ffs.

Wake me up when Licht cuts inside past 3 players and curls one into the far corner or Asamoah runs in behind and chips the keeper.

Our 352... To Bayerns :lol:

What an insult to their players and coach

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
There is a clear difference with Bayern's 352\343 and our system. They do not play 3 centerbacks!! <--- It's this coward attitude that kills us in CL. 3CBs, and two not good enough wingbacks pretty much ruins the party for us. we are basically handicapping ourselfs further up on the pitch by playing 3 CBs, when we instead could have had another attacker or midfielder up there

We need to renew ourselfs in CL and start by playing a back four. ENough of this stupid Conte-system please for the love of God. A football team should never field more than 2 centerbacks

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
An extra CB which doesn't actually help us keep clean sheets evidently

Pirlo who's so far our of his depth at this age, and 2 useless wide men who are decent at defending and offer nothing going forward.

We essentially have a team of defenders and workhorses, and use a system that further limits our already disgracefully limited creative force.

I'd love to be a half decent player in Europe going up against Juve. Because you know exactly what you need to do to absolutely nullify us

As a full back, get within a few feet of our wing backs, they can't take you on. They can't attack and all they can do is pass backwards or knock it on and hope you somehow let them past. As a midfielder you stay close to Pirlo, and as soon as he loses the ball you run off of him and get as much space as you would ever need.

As a CB, get tight to our strikers who are in this system more predictable than anything i've ever seen before.

As a forward, you just abuse the abundance of low I.Q CBs we have at our disposal.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
We always wake up after we concede, FFS only after 70th minute we started creating chances, yes we could equalize and even win if we were more lethal in front of goal but we could also be 2 goals down before that.

Out mentality is pathetic, simply pathetic.

I have lost all hopes for advancing to the next round.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We were very lucky Olympiakos missed an easy chance to go 2-0 up

People forget about all the times we fuck up, but remember the last 15 mins when we go full out attack.

A better team (Of which there are many) would have put the game to bed within 30 minutes yesterday against us.

We set out not to concede in every fucking game, and then we concede in every fucking game. And by then it's too late.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009

I agree, this formation and tactics should be changed ASAP and specially when facing experienced 1st class teams, but to beat the likes of Malmo, Olympiacos, Galatasaray you need the right mentality. Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo, Tevez and the rest were representing Genoa or Lecce and not Juventus. You don't fvcking go as the under dog in Greece and allow Olympiacos so much space to attack you.

I couldn't stand Conte for his chicken mind giving up mentality before competition even kicked off. Allegri better change the mentality of the players before the fvcking silly formation most of you are blaming.
This! :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)