[CL] Olympiacos 1-0 JUVENTUS (October 22nd 2014) (57 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Thank god, i missed the game. We were playing in Europe after all. We already know the outcome when we are playing something other than the retarded teams in Serie A

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Juve plays slowest football by far, when it comes to "big european" teams, and Italian clubs in general are lazy fucks while other leagues are making advances in style and pace of the game.Italian coaches suck, they think tactics still are enough to beat teams at european level... pathetic.

Oct 23, 2011
we shouldn't be surprised we played in such manner. Our approach to away games in the CL in the last three seasons has always been like this. Except for the game against Chelsea 2 seasons ago perhaps but the fact that we conceded 2 goals so early in that match basically forced us to come out of our shelves, plus we looked really energetic and enthusiastic in that game. If we would have scored first we probably would have controlled the game and killed it off. Instead, just like the game against Atletico, we conceded first and got into trouble. In my opinion we have to use Giovinco, and (to lesser extent) Coman, more as they are basically the only players in our squad who are able to beat a man plus they have a lot of movement off the ball. In the CL you need have players like this. If you look at all the teams they all have players who are capable of dribbling past their opponent. Instead, we rely to much on Lichtsteiner and Asamoah who are great in serie A, but lack these characteristics for the CL.

For me however, the biggest disappointment is that the players that have to carry us through these matches don't show up. Maybe it's tactics, but if you see Tevez misplacing a pass over 10 meters or Pirlo constantly losing the ball, Vidal not showing up then imo you really can't blame the tactics or the coach, there is something wrong mentally at this club and i'd really like to know what causes it... We simple have to win the next two games, if we got eliminated again it would be hard to believe that players like Pogba or Vidal will stay..

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Juve plays slowest football by far, when it comes to "big european" teams, and Italian clubs in general are lazy $#@!s while other leagues are making advances in style and pace of the game.Italian coaches suck, they think tactics still are enough to beat teams at european level... pathetic.
And we have players like Coman, Morata and Giovinco who can really give us what we need, but we are using out of form Pirlo and defender/defensive midfielder as wingers. :sergio:

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013
Conte $#@!ed this team over good, his continual ''we can't compete, the gap is too big blah blah blah'' has seriously destroyed any confidence in this side when it comes to European matches.

The league we play in is also a huge problem, 18 out of the 20 teams in the league lie down for us. Teams don't do that in the CL, and our players don't know how to react to it.

I've said this a million times and I'll say it again, the 3-5-2 is useless with Lict and Asamoah, they are good Serie A players, but they won't make a difference at the highest level. Everything is forced centrally which is easy to defend against.

Also how is it that a team like Olympiakos, which half of our budget, can play sharp, quick, fluid football. Yet we lumber around like a team full of 45 year olds?

Typical Juve European performance.
This is the biggest mystery to me, still trying to figure it out.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't understand why we can't turn up to a UCL match and just play football.

Put the opponent under pressure, force them to fear you a bit.

Instead we force them to lose all respect for us.

I'd really like to understand what on earth makes us so disinterested, un-confident, slow and downright embarassing in Europe. It's as though whoever our opponent is, we go down to their level but not only that, we ensure we play at least one level below their level, and look like amateurs learning how to make 10 yard passes and play 1-2's for the first time.
Maybe the fact that we lost so many finals in a painful way.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well, there's always next year!

I can't shake the feeling that, once again, we go into a European game underestimating the opposition. As if everything will just work out & end well, regardless of our approach.
Sure, we missed a shitload of chances in the end, but this game could have been over by half time anyway.

Buffon 6,5
Ogbonna 4 - I was in awe. I miss Boumsong.
Bonucci 5,5 - Rather poor for big parts of the game.
Chiellini 6 - Nothing spectacular, but okay.
Lichtsteiner 5 - Surprisingly poor.
Asamoah 5,5 - Too many (small) mistakes & not enough urgency going forward.
Vidal 5 - Very poor start but improved as the game went on.
Pirlo 3 - Very poor start but improved when he was subbed out.
Pogba 5,5 - A few sparks.
Tevez 4,5 - Terrible first half. Annoying & wasteful in the second.
Morata 6 - The most lively & dangerous man out there. But let's not exaggerate his performance: zero points for efficiency.

Marchisio 6 - Managed to be worse than Pirlo those first few minutes. But, ultimately, you can't deny his immense positive influence on the game.
Pereyra -
Giovinco - Should have come on way earlier. You won't hear me say that every month.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Now i am pretty sure that one if not both out of Vidal and Pogba will leave us this summer, i just hope that we can at least use that money wisely.

And we have to go for another coach, someone that isn't italian, someone who isn't afraid to lose rather than the will to win, i would say Bielsa for example.
Having in mind Vidal's shape last night I don't care.The thing is that we would not get money from his sale as expected .Worst thing about that is that we will buy one mediocre player and the rest of money will be used for keeping the balance in the books.Pogba is another story.He will go.He will become fed up with bullshit like this game in CL.And it is seen scenario in which Allegri perfectly fit.He will just agree whatever our board says and continue giving us a bullshit explanations.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I've just noticed that Arsenal managed to score 2 goals in '89 and '90 minutes and grabbed a 2-1 win against Anderlecht. This is the difference between big team mentality and mediocre team mentality like in our case.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
good performance guys...we were unlucky in the second half we deserved 3 goals, that golie had to have the best game in his life, like all goalkeepers against juve
allegri is not to blame since none of the players showed up and we missed clear cut chances
the ref was soft and should have handled the game better, allegri was right in his approach now was not the time to go on an adventure and he played the perfected but boring 352, we all know if we had just scored the first goal somehow we would have defended it and bagged 3 easy points and we would all be singing praises of our coach...i also think conte still has a stale smelly effect on this team
o not blame the formation because it works perfect when our wings do their job well, if asamoah is not confident of playing WB then he should let the coach know instead of sucking
harsh reaction to pirlo, let's not forget he is an architect of this successful 352 without him it will always fail
our defense should be sorted once our best defender caceres and barza are back and i have a feeling once llorente starts scoring he will get his mojo back and score for fun
we will qualify for the next round :) have faith

and $#@! this team and this coach
Yeah .We will never beat Atletico in Turin with this kind of display.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Still fucking fuming after this disgrace of a match! This is the perfect exuse to make drastic change within the team.
Pirlo needs to take a backseat and pogba should be made the center of this team. Build everything around him, and do everything to make him happy. We need to go forward now. Pogba should be further upfield imo, hes shooting is great, he wins headers, is creative and great passing and wonderful teqnical ability. All this is not beeing fully exploited now. After 3 seria a wins and 30 official scudetto, we can afford to take a chance tactically. Change to a more direct and higher tempo game. I dont fucking care if we finish 2nd and play exciting football. We are pretty much out of cl so might as well go all in and fucking attack.

Buffon
Licht. Bon kill evra
Marchisio
Vidal. Asa
Pogba
Morata. Tevez

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I've just noticed that Arsenal managed to score 2 goals in '89 and '90 minutes and grabbed a 2-1 win against Anderlecht. This is the difference between big team mentality and mediocre team mentality like in our case.
You mean attacking football, I guess. Which is the only football Arsenal know how to play.

No one here would be happy with just being a Round of 16 'big club' like Arsenal are these days.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
In Europe it would be nice to play more open like they do, I agree. But Arsenal aren't a benchmark for anything but pretenders.
I admire their mentality to take then win in the final minutes. I can't remember the last time we turned a game like that - even in Serie A! Arsenal is a team that rely on creating goals rather then avoiding them at all cost. We're somewhere balanced, and that keeps us from excelling in either. Aren't we supposed to keep clean sheets?

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
And I think that Pirlo's,Vidal's and even Pogba's form(Pogba is playing well) were better under Conte.I don't know maybe he positioned them better or motivated yhem better but they play better.That have nothing with the fact that we played as a team ultra poor yesterday.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
Who's really at blame for these fiascos is the board. First and foremost it's the board that hires the mangers and buys the players, if you buy incompetent players and clueless coaches you get results accordingly. And the owners who can't invest any real money into this.

Just sell this club to some oil oligarch or something...there won't be any success before the ancient Italian traditions aren't scraped, the game has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)