[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (14 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
yeah what he means is he hasnt picked him for the starting line up. But that doesnt necessarily mean he wont be on the bench rite? Anyway theres over 24 hours to go yet... so everythings possible. I mean DP could wake up tomorrow morning and realise that he wants some lehmon (lemon) for his evening meal.
:lol:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Goonersauras said:
I don't think Wenger will be too bothered whether he's chucked onto the bench in the last minute :cry:
whats with the crying? dont say an arsenal fans actually feeling sentimental about del piero? woah whats the world coming to.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
i had a feeling ale would help us a lot in this game, the last time we won against an english team at home was 2-0 against newcastle i believe, and del piero scored both goals

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
Il Re said:
wenger rates del peiro very highly, he's sated that many times saying he's a player he admires, the fact he's not there, well its only good news for wenger and arsenal
Wenger rates every player highly; it's a running joke about how many players he describes as being a 'Good player', I think that there's even a web-blog about it.

I think he rates Zlatan higher than Del Piero though.

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
Sentimental? Yeah right. They're ecstatic that it's more likely he won't be there. But, it'll only make it more interesting/joyous for us when they get beat. We'll say we even eliminated them without Pinturicchio.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Goonersauras said:
Arsène Wenger has named a 19-man squad for Wednesday night's Champions League Quarter-Final second leg against Juventus in Turin. The travelling party is as follows.

Jens LEHMANN (GK)
Abou DIABY
Robert PIRES
Fredrik LJUNGBERG
Jose Antonio REYES
Robin VAN PERSIE
Alexander HLEB
Thierry HENRY
Francesc FABREGAS
Mathieu FLAMINI
Alexandre SONG
GILBERTO
Philippe SENDEROS
Sol CAMPBELL
Manuel ALMUNIA (GK)
Emmanuel EBOUE
Kolo TOURE
Theo WALCOTT
Johan DJOUROU
all arsenal players are fast , they will kill us with the counter attacks

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
northbank said:
Wenger rates every player highly; it's a running joke about how many players he describes as being a 'Good player', I think that there's even a web-blog about it.

I think he rates Zlatan higher than Del Piero though.
i know that, but he has specifically praised alessandro many times before, and difference is del peiro was playing well and was on form, zlatan has been garbage recently, this is a major blow for juve

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I rate Del Piero higher than any footballer except Henry, Sheva, Ronaldinho.

I think he is better than all other players. For me Del Piero is the best, as long as he plays.

Goonersauras

Mar 11, 2006
sco_tino said:
Sentimental? Yeah right. They're ecstatic that it's more likely he won't be there. But, it'll only make it more interesting/joyous for us when they get beat. We'll say we even eliminated them without Pinturicchio.
Or we'll say we eliminated a team, without 3 of our 4 1st choice back 4 :lol:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
sco_tino said:
Yeah it was supposed to be sarcasm. Lets hope your right.

Anyway on a seperate note a quiz question for our juve faithful. When was the last time that we played against a tough opposition (Champions league ideally) without Alex playing a single minute (hence he wasnt even on the bench)?

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
Yeah it was supposed to be sarcasm. Lets hope your right.

Anyway on a seperate note a quiz question for our juve faithful. When was the last time that we played against a tough opposition (Champions league ideally) without Alex playing a single minute (hence he wasnt even on the bench)?
manchester united, and we lost both games, and 3-0 at home..........:cry:
things look very bad i must say

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
Goonersauras said:
Or we'll say we eliminated a team, without 3 of our 4 1st choice back 4 :lol:
When the goals start going in your net you'll be wishing that you could have played the missing three guys along with the 4 on the pitch.

Seriously you guys should go and discuss your tactics somewhere else, instead of baiting us here. Let's hope this doesn't snowball into another argument.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Il Re said:
:D oops was supposed to add to the question "and we won".. man utd aint gonna give me or our other faithful supporters any confidence infact im on the verge of pretending we aint playing on wednesday.. i guess it was already over from the first leg.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Il Re said:
Actually if im right wasnt it 1-1 at trafford when conte scored, followed by giggs eqaliser. Then at our stadium we had super pippo with the two early goals followed by three man utd goals.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
Actually if im right wasnt it 1-1 at trafford when conte scored, followed by giggs eqaliser. Then at our stadium we had super pippo with the two early goals followed by three man utd goals.
that was in 1999, im talking about in 2003 when we lost i think 2-1 away then 3-0 at home, in fact since the loss to manchester in 1999, we have struggled against english teams, this wasnt the case before as we beat manchester twice in 1996-97 1-0 both games

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
sco_tino said:
When the goals start going in your net you'll be wishing that you could have played the missing three guys along with the 4 on the pitch.

Seriously you guys should go and discuss your tactics somewhere else, instead of baiting us here. Let's hope this doesn't snowball into another argument.
No ones baiting you, you should just chill out a little. You over-react to every comment some one makes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)