PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Juventus v Arsenal (Wed)
JUVENTUS v ARSENAL

Venue: Stadio Delle Alpi
Kick off: 1945 BST, Wed 5 April
Champions League quarter-final, 2nd leg
Juventus will be without Alessandro Del Piero for Wednesday's Champions League game with Arsenal, but midfielder Pavel Nedved returns from suspension.
Del Piero failed to shake off a thigh injury and joins banned trio Jonathan Zebina, Patrick Vieira and Mauro Camoranesi on the sidelines.

from bbc

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
i am not confident about this game now, even the fact that del piero coudl ahve been on the bench would have had some influence, being able to bring him on, now he is completely ruled out, we have no options really from the bench

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Fliakis said:
i wont believe till i dont see that he isnt on the bench on wednesday! :stuckup:
is there no chance he could pass the test tomorow? i cant believe he was being tipped to make the bench and now he's ruled out completely :cry:

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Capello had hoped that Del Piero would shake off the leg injury which ruled him out of the first leg, but he failed a fitness test on Tuesday and will not even figure among the substitutes.

"Del Piero has not been picked," Capello confirmed in his press conference before Wednesday's game.

Capello was philosophical when asked to comment on taking Arsenal without four key men.

"I never cry about what I don't have," Capello said. "I'm always positive. I am happy with the team I have and I am confident that we can do well."

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Il Re said:
is there no chance he could pass the test tomorow? i cant believe he was being tipped to make the bench and now he's ruled out completely :cry:
Well certainly you would think so, its happened many times in football matches where players pass a late fitness test and all of a sudden find themselfs on the bench or the pitch. Its possible and I kinda agree with flakis that I sense him on the pitch on wednesday night. I dreamt it therefore its true. His gonna be playing alrite.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
Well certainly you would think so, its happened many times in football matches where players pass a late fitness test and all of a sudden find themselfs on the bench or the pitch. Its possible and I kinda agree with flakis that I sense him on the pitch on wednesday night. I dreamt it therefore its true. His gonna be playing alrite.
but capello says he has not picked him :disagree:, it could be he's trying to throw wenger off gaurd, then alessandro will be back in the squad hours before the game.....

Goonersauras

Mar 11, 2006
Arsène Wenger has named a 19-man squad for Wednesday night's Champions League Quarter-Final second leg against Juventus in Turin. The travelling party is as follows.

Jens LEHMANN (GK)
Abou DIABY
Robert PIRES
Fredrik LJUNGBERG
Jose Antonio REYES
Robin VAN PERSIE
Alexander HLEB
Thierry HENRY
Francesc FABREGAS
Mathieu FLAMINI
Alexandre SONG
GILBERTO
Philippe SENDEROS
Sol CAMPBELL
Manuel ALMUNIA (GK)
Emmanuel EBOUE
Kolo TOURE
Theo WALCOTT
Johan DJOUROU

Goonersauras

Mar 11, 2006
Il Re said:
but capello says he has not picked him :disagree:, it could be he's trying to throw wenger off gaurd, then alessandro will be back in the squad hours before the game.....
I don't think Wenger will be too bothered whether he's chucked onto the bench in the last minute :cry:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Il Re said:
but capello says he has not picked him :disagree:
yeah what he means is he hasnt picked him for the starting line up. But that doesnt necessarily mean he wont be on the bench rite? Anyway theres over 24 hours to go yet... so everythings possible. I mean DP could wake up tomorrow morning and realise that he wants some lehmon (lemon) for his evening meal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)