[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (5 Viewers)

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
According to juventus.com , the Nedved interview didnt occur- Typicall English media lies.

Because of Cap, I'm bracing myself for a 4-4-2 as posted by most media predictions. I dont think he'll go 4 this though coz we played Madrid and Bayern with tridents in somewhat similar situation IMO. Whats worrying though is that in the most recent trident game i.e Bayern, we never scored whilst using it. Goals only came after reversion back to a 4-4-2 system in the 2nd half. The built in rigigity in our strategies and tactics has been our downfall and could still b so.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
former Juventus and Arsenal star David Platt knows that the Italian champions will not have the advantage of a feverish atmosphere to help them build momentum. It's a place where the support of the crowd doesn't really transmit to the players. The atmosphere doesn't give you the kind of adrenalin rush," said Platt, who played for Juve in 1992-93

Arsenal will know that they are not going to a stadium with the kind of atmosphere that can benefit the home team.

"The home team doesn't get a lift from the crowd at the delle Alpi.
SAD BUT TRUE

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Thuram: Juve Superior To Arsenal

Juventus defender Lilian Thuram insists the Bianconeri are a better side than Arsenal despite the 2-0 Champions League defeat at Highbury last week.
The two sides meet in the second-leg in Turin on Wednesday and Thuram is confident Juve can overturn the deficit.

"In Turin the match will be different because we will be in control,” he said. “We will attack like a hurricane and cause their defence many problems.

"Player by player Juve are superior to Arsenal and it will not be a surprise if we were to get three or four goals.

"The first match was a disaster for us in every way. The real Juventus did not turn up in London and it was a huge blow for us.

"Now the whole world will see what the real Juventus is all about. We are focused and want to score a lot of goals. We are out for revenge for the humiliation we suffered."

Either very brave or a complete jinx ( Like Vieira's statements pre-Highbury)

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
ReBeL said:
I waited for the moderators for a while now, but it seems they have something else to do when racist insults come to Palestinians...

Anyway,

Hey, Thai idiot and your Israeli RVP girlfriend, stop your stupid words about Palestinains....

The shoes of one Palestinain boy is better than all those idiots who brought you to the World...
Cool it man.

Mods I think it'll be a good time for you to step in now.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Lippi backs Italian trio

Monday 3 April, 2006

Italy boss Marcello Lippi has confidently predicted that all three Italian teams will progress to the semi-finals of the Champions League this week.

While Milan and Inter can be considered as in a strong position to reach the last four, the tactician has backed former club Juventus to defeat Arsenal on aggregate.
“Juventus are capable of anything,” said the Viareggio-based tactician on Monday. “Therefore, they could overturn Arsenal’s lead.”

The Premiership giants are in pole position for qualification after winning the first leg 2-0 at Highbury last week.

To make matters worse for the Turin giants, Juve are without the suspended trio of Patrick Vieira, Mauro Camoranesi and Jonathan Zebina.

The London club have also been boosted today after Cesc Fabregas and Emmanuel Eboue both travelled to Turin today despite injury fears over the weekend.

As for the two San Siro giants, Lippi believes they should progress past Villarreal and Lyon on Tuesday night.

“I think that Milan and Inter have what is needed to get through to the next round,” continued the Azzurri boss.

Milan face Lyon at home after the 0-0 draw in France last week, while Inter take a 2-1 advantage to Villarreal.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
m_elayyan said:
just words , we did not seem superior to Arsenal
mo

easy bro....we gots to have some faith even though we are in a grave positions

What doesnt kill you will only make you stronger...these past 2 weeks have been hell for us....but a 3 or 4 goals are very possible 2moro....lets just have faith in the black and white for a change aight...

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
On thing Capello might consider seriously is controlling midfield by playin' Giannichedda, Emo, and Viera with Neddy and Mutu as wingers.... However the news suggest that Fabregas won't feature inspite of being included in the squad going to turin. .... believe me, its all about midfield, if we shut them off, we have the potential to score.... He kindda tried this at the end of Treviso's match. ..

But honestly, we r scrwed, even if Capello asks for help from otter space... after what've seen in Traviso, JUVE IS CRAP AT THE MOMENT.

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
ahead said:
On thing Capello might consider seriously is controlling midfield by playin' Giannichedda, Emo, and Viera with Neddy and Mutu as wingers.... However the news suggest that Fabregas won't feature inspite of being included in the squad going to turin. .... believe me, its all about midfield, if we shut them off, we have the potential to score.... He kindda tried this at the end of Treviso's match. ..

But honestly, we r scrwed, even if Capello asks for help from otter space... after what've seen in Traviso, JUVE IS CRAP AT THE MOMENT.
He's suspended lad.

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
I feel you man. I just hope either Blasi, Giannicheda or whoever steps in can do a good job. I don't know if anyone sees things the same way as I do, but the Arsenal left back position might just be the chink in their armour. I hope with Zambrotta playing on the right we can exploit any weaknesses there.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Juve's mission improbable
Tuesday, 4 April 2006
by Richard Aikman

e-mailPrint

Juventus may have a titanic task ahead of them if they are to salvage their UEFA Champions League hopes by overturning Arsenal's 2-0 lead in the quarter-final second leg in Turin on Wednesday night, but scoring twice is not beyond the realms of possibility for the Italian champions.

Key suspensions
Fabio Capello's men were resoundingly outplayed in the first leg at Highbury last week and clearly a hugely improved performance is required of the Bianconeri on home turf. Juve's cause has hardly been helped by the late dismissals of Jonathan Zebina and Mauro Camoranesi in north London, the latter succumbing to the frustrations of his side's impending defeat.

Defensive unit
Furthermore, the booking that Patrick Vieira picked up on his return to his old stomping ground has also deprived the Arsenal old boy of the opportunity to face his former team-mates at the Stadio Delle Alpi, leaving a hole in midfield. With the help of the best defence in the country and the protection afforded by the tough-tackling midfield shield of Vieira and Emerson, Juve have built up a nine-point lead in Serie A.

Hammer blow
The UEFA Champions League, though, cannot be won on obduracy alone. Not only will Juve need to breach the meanest backline in the competition this season at least twice, but they need to wrest possession from an Arsenal midfield that is comfortable on the ball and eke out chances of their own. It is for this reason that Alessandro Del Piero is so important to the club's cause. As if three suspensions were not punishment enough, "Pinturicchio's" current injury, should he fail a fitness test today, could prove a hammer blow to the Italian champions' prospects of qualifying for the last four.

Immediate impact
While Juve's captain has not been a regular starter this season, his contribution to his side's double assault on the league and Europe has nevertheless been telling. Del Piero has scored 15 goals in Italy this season plus three in the UEFA Champions League, and his ability to conjure goals for others is of worldwide renown. With Juventus trailing Werder Bremen in the first leg of the last round, the 31-year-old made an immediate impact from the bench, spreading panic through the home defence with his penetrating runs and playing a part in both of the away goals that eventually sent his side through to the last eight.

Del Piero worry
Capello probably would not have started Del Piero at Arsenal last week, preferring to deploy Zlatan Ibrahimović alongside David Trezeguet; but the coach would dearly loved to have turned to the captain when the tide turned against Juve. A thigh strain had deprived the two-times competition winners of their inspiration and, now, with Ibrahimović struggling to rediscover his creative best and Camoranesi out, fans of the Italian side will be praying Del Piero is fit by Wednesday.

Nedvěd back
Juventus can at least take heart from the fact that another key absentee from the Highbury debacle will return. Although approaching 34 years of age, Pavel Nedvěd has enjoyed another superb season for the Turin outfit and having been suspended at Highbury and for the 0-0 draw with Treviso FC on Saturday he will be well rested. The 2003 European Footballer of the Year's boundless energy and fleetness of foot make him a vital component on the left of the Juve midfield and a huge threat on the counter-attack.

Man in motion
An unconventional winger, Nedvěd likes to drift in from the left and appear unexpectedly in attacking positions. In the second leg against Bremen he was a perpetual menace, confounding the visitors by frequently appearing unmarked on the right. In the first match his goal was coolness personified, drawing Tim Wiese before calmly dinking the ball over the goalkeeper. The Czech midfielder will be hoping to similarly foil the inexperienced Arsenal full-backs with his non-stop motion. Emmanuel Eboué and Matthieu Flamini have excelled as emergency deputies at the height of Arsenal's injury crisis but they may find Nedvěd’s movement difficult to contend with.

Confidence side
Juventus are likely to field either Giuliano Giannichedda or Manuele Blasi in a midfield Capello will charge with taking the initiative on Wednesday. Although Cesc Fabregas has been declared fit despite injuring a foot at the weekend, any problems could affect Arsenal's passing game and reduce the threat posed by Thierry Henry, whose runs the Spanish teenager is so adept at picking out. An early goal for the home side could also rock a young team that has not conceded a UEFA Champions League goal in seven matches, but whose disappointing Premiership campaign this season has suggested they are a confidence team. Trezeguet is always on the lookout for any goalscoring chances, and with six goals in the competition to his name already who would bet against him adding to his tally?

©uefa.com 1998-2006. All rights reserved.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
I think we can... but it's been a while since Mutu and Zamrotta played in harmony .... everytime they play on the same side, they create nothing...

sco_tino said:
I feel you man. I just hope either Blasi, Giannicheda or whoever steps in can do a good job. I don't know if anyone sees things the same way as I do, but the Arsenal left back position might just be the chink in their armour. I hope with Zambrotta playing on the right we can exploit any weaknesses there.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
If Del Piero's thigh holds up, Mutu could be played on the right while he operates on the left; Del Piero has always had great chemistry with Zambrotta anyway, and Mutu could cope better with Cole's pace than he did with Eboue's physicality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)