[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (1 Viewer)

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
Moggi D'Messiah said:
Thats why eboue is playing instead if Gilbert.

Eboue is way better than or what Gilbert will ever be.

Shut up you mong. You don't even know who Gilbert is...let alone see him play. Gilbert is a very bright young RB prospect. He did play great when he got his chances. If he gains more first team experiences, he's very well capable of giving Eboue fits for the competition for the fiirst team spot.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
northbank said:
Alot, the best of the next batch are Djourou, Walcott, Lupoli and Gilbert. There's a couple more but they are still a few years off.
walcott.......hmmm, this guy is very overated in my opinion, lupoli looks like a good prospect

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ThaiGunner said:
It's cracking me up the way some Juve fans are using "thier injury problems" as an excuse here. And that we were so lucky to beat Madrid (who soon after got beaten by us, went on to win 4-0 and La Liga...and just drew 1-1 with Barca playing with 10 men.)

Some of the stuff on here is even beyond what I'd call a joke.
I wouldn't call them injury problems. I'd say the team is out of form (a weekend draw against the worst team in the league, Treviso, for example), the coach is one-dimensional and far better suited for preparing the team for season-long campaigns rather than elimination tournaments, and the players look tired and worn out.

Beating Madrid wasn't luck -- it's just Madrid. Even Juve beat them at the round of 16 last season, and they're the Inter of Europe in terms of international underachievers.

Not to take away from Arsenal's accomplishments, but it's pretty clear that Arsenal's domestic campaign is suffering almost as much as Juve's European one.

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
Il Re said:
walcott.......hmmm, this guy is very overated in my opinion, lupoli looks like a good prospect
I've seen him a few times in the reserves where he has been learning to play on the wing and he is very good. I promise that he'll be a star in a year or two. He's got pace and a good finish. His movement of the ball is excellent too, but we are teaching him the defensive side of the game at the moment.

Lupoli is great too but I have a feeling that he won't make it at Arsenal. Excellent talent though.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
ThaiGunner said:
I take it that you have seen Walcott play?
yes, and my friend who plays for chelsea reserves and played with theo for the england under 17's also told me he is a good but is a little over hyped, you cant judge a player fully at such a young age, and i hear people saying he is the new henry i think this is a bit much, no doubt he is good playing at such a young age in the championship

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
swag said:
I wouldn't call them injury problems. I'd say the team is out of form (a weekend draw against the worst team in the league, Treviso, for example), the coach is one-dimensional and far better suited for preparing the team for season-long campaigns rather than elimination tournaments, and the players look tired and worn out.

Beating Madrid wasn't luck -- it's just Madrid. Even Juve beat them at the round of 16 last season, and they're the Inter of Europe in terms of international underachievers.

Not to take away from Arsenal's accomplishments, but it's pretty clear that Arsenal's domestic campaign is suffering almost as much as Juve's European one.
Thing is the injuries we have had did impact our domestic campaign a great deal...I doubt the same thing could be said of Juve's European one. But I take your other points.

Fabregas23

Mar 19, 2006
I take it the pitch is in a bad state. Clever Juve, very clever. Trying the old Chelsea tactic of ruining the pitch to compromise our passing game. This could be the reason we get knocked out on Wednesday.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Ekram said:
when wenger spent 12.5 million pound on a 16 year old
then it must be something special
true that, but u also payed i think under 5mill for vpersie (bargain) but almost 20mill for reyes (who is not as good as robin in my opinion)

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
Il Re said:
yes, and my friend who plays for chelsea reserves and played with theo for the england under 17's also told me he is a good but is a little over hyped, you cant judge a player fully at such a young age, and i hear people saying he is the new henry i think this is a bit much, no doubt he is good playing at such a young age in the championship
I can see why a reserve player whose team got ditched by Walcott (when he was making up his mind about where he'd go)...would say that Walcott is overrated though.

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)