[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (9 Viewers)

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
you're beating a dead drum thaigunner.

Anyway, the game is still in the balance and the second leg against Juve is always harder (home or away). They won't need the traditional 35mins to figure us out, so they'll be ready from the off.

We'll need to be sharp straight away because we started sluggishly last week and I don't think we can afford it this time.

I don't think that Juve have the legs to press us for 90mins and that's what it is going to take to win 2-0, but football's full of suprises.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Sir Sebastian said:
:lol2:

ITS BUFFOBITCH's FAULT WE LOST!
its so true man, buffon is the reason, he should have saved both goals, and scored at least 2 goals, he did not even help the midfield with attacking......silly gigi :disagree:

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
Natalia said:
well you actually have a good squad....so if you guys beat us in this tie you probably deserve it........only if you beat us in Turin....
Yeah, sure....owning you and the total domination we displayed last week surely doesn't count. I guess that's why UEFA regulates that we have to play over two legs. :rofl:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
ThaiGunner said:
Touche. He did come on for the last 10 mins. I messed it up.

Anyway, if Nedved had been injured for most parts of this season, and we were to beat you without him....I can't imgaine how mnay of you would be bitching about it by now.

Just a thought.
no, by that time mutu would have already played regularly nedved position. and you know players get used to it and mutu`s form would only have gotten better with more playing time. but now he started one of his few games from the start, not from the bench.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Il Re said:
its so true man, buffon is the reason, he should have saved both goals, and scored at least 2 goals, he did not even help the midfield with attacking......silly gigi :disagree:

exactly, buffon has been the reason we havnt won serie a or CL or the FA cup in over 20 years :disagree:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
"When Camoranesi went off,clapping and blowing kisses, I don't know how Capello didn't get up and wring his neck."

Former Arsenal forward Paul Merson reacting to Camoranesi's behaviour after he was the first of two Juve players to be red-carded.

:D :D :D

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
Natalia said:
i know what im talking about cuz i watch all your games....so dont tell me i dont know what im tlaking about.....i didn't say arsenal is not a good team because they are, im only trying to tell youthat ifyou're using luck as an excuse, look to yourself too
When did I ever use luck as an excuse? Man, some people don't read what they type, do they?

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
bradd_21 said:
With all do respect natalia, madrid arent exactly a team anyone would want to face, regardless of their form. They have a long history of winning games when it matters - such as last season for example, when they were losing to teams like bilbao and then went and thrashed barcelona 4-2. So despite their poor form, they usually have the odd fantastic game when the pressure is on.

As for arsenal being lucky, well would del piero have even started had he been fit ? Capello's first choice strikers are zlatan and trez, arent they ? Also, arsenal's injury list before that game was ashley cole, sol campbell, lauren, clichy, gilbert, cygan, and ljungberg. As well as an un-match fit van persie and an ineligible Adebayor. So its not like they were at full strength either.

As for the timing of our form, well thats more down to hard work than luck imo.
in your opinion who is better eboue or lauren, and would i be right in saying eboue would not have had much chances starting had lauren been fit?

in my opinion the injury to lauren has been a blessing in disguise, as eboue has blossomed when he has been given the chance, he has shown that he is quite capable of playing in important matches and (in my opinion) he is much better than lauren

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
robinvanpersie said:
We can since he is in our starting XI when fit. You're forgetting we're also missing Clichy his backup and countless other LB's we've had. RVP totally lacks match sharpness, is out of form and only played the last 10 minutes because he was coming back from an injury.
mutu also lacks match sharpness because regularly he is on the bench at the start of a match in seria a.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Juve_25 said:
Its BUFFON fault that we didin't lost 6-0

read my last post. buffon is responsible for almost all our mistakes, and after him comes zambrotta. we must loan them to siena as soon as possible.

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
Stephan said:
no, by that time mutu would have already played regularly nedved position. and you know players get used to it and mutu`s form would only have gotten better with more playing time. but now he started one of his few games from the start, not from the bench.

The thing is mutu is your first choice to replace Nedved...while I don't even know which choice Flamini is at LB for us.

Hmmm, let me see...there's Cole, Clichy, Cygan, Senderos, Larsson, Lauren..... Guess he's just our 7th choice at left back. Hmmm yeah...the situations are SO comparable.

:rofl:

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
Il Re said:
in your opinion who is better eboue or lauren, and would i be right in saying eboue would not have had much chances starting had lauren been fit?

in my opinion the injury to lauren has been a blessing in disguise, as eboue has blossomed when he has been given the chance, he has shown that he is quite capable of playing in important matches and (in my opinion) he is much better than lauren
Lauren is still better, but Eboue has been excellent since he has come into the team (IMO, many may disagree). Eboue's excellent form is partly down to Hleb too, but I don't want to go into that.

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
ThaiGunner said:
When did I ever use luck as an excuse? Man, some people don't read what they type, do they?
you should read what you wrote, you said that if we scored more than one goal against you its because eboue is not 100%.....and wouldn't you be implying that we had LUCk if we actually scored more than one goal.....okay im done fighting, all im saying is good luck, may the best team win!!!! if you beat us and go through best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)