[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (1 Viewer)

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
It's cracking me up the way some Juve fans are using "thier injury problems" as an excuse here. And that we were so lucky to beat Madrid (who soon after got beaten by us, went on to win 4-0 and La Liga...and just drew 1-1 with Barca playing with 10 men.)

Some of the stuff on here is even beyond what I'd call a joke.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
ThaiGunner said:
It's cracking me up the way some Juve fans are using "thier injury problems" as an excuse here. And that we were so lucky to beat Madrid (who soon after got beaten by us, went on to win 4-0 and La Liga...and just drew 1-1 with Barca playing with 10 men.)

Some of the stuff on here is even beyond what I'd call a joke.
you can always leave the site if you dont like something

bradd_21

Mar 22, 2006
Il Re said:
in your opinion who is better eboue or lauren, and would i be right in saying eboue would not have had much chances starting had lauren been fit?

in my opinion the injury to lauren has been a blessing in disguise, as eboue has blossomed when he has been given the chance, he has shown that he is quite capable of playing in important matches and (in my opinion) he is much better than lauren
Eboue's talent comes as no surprise to a lot of people, especially wenger. He was being touted to replace lauren eventually anyway, it was just that his defensive work needed improvement apparently. I remember watching him for arsenal when he was on trial, in austria, and in the amsterdam tournament - and it was quite obvious that he was extraordinary going forward, but had a lot of other areas of his game that needed working on. For example, he used to get caught out of position quite a lot, his defensive work wasnt as good as it is now, and he had the occasion lapses in concentration. It was always going to take him time to adapt to the arsenal style and arsene usually likes to spend 6-12 months trying to do that behind the scenes.

Like fabregas, his eventual emergence came due to injuries, but it was inevitable that he was going to play for the first team sooner or later imo. Right now though, it doesnt look like lauren will get his place back once he returns.

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
Natalia said:
you should read what you wrote, you said that if we scored more than one goal against you its because eboue is not 100%.....and wouldn't you be implying that we had LUCk if we actually scored more than one goal.....okay im done fighting, all im saying is good luck, may the best team win!!!! if you beat us and go through best of luck!
Natalie, Natalie....I said if he's 100%, I can't see that you will score more than 1 goal. So that means that, given our injury problems right now, I can see that it's possible that you might score more than 1 goal if Eboue doesn't start. I did't say nor imply anything about luck.

You were the one who came to that idea by yourself...and yourself alone.

Guess it's either my English really sucks...or that you, Natalie, got some serious problems understanding English.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Shurup slag! :D

I heard today on the news that they were pleading for Arsenal fans not to go to Delle Alpi cos they'll get smashed up or something like that. Least we'll win something that night.

<<<----------- Oh look! My Avatar. :smoke:

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
ThaiGunner said:
Natalie, Natalie....I said if he's 100%, I can't see that you will score more than 1 goal. So that means that, given our injury problems right now, I can see that it's possible that you might score more than 1 goal if Eboue doesn't start. I did't say nor imply anything about luck.

You were the one who came to that idea by yourself...and yourself alone.

Guess it's either my English really sucks...or that you, Natalie, got some serious problems understanding English.
well then imsorry for misunderstanding what you meant then.....

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
northbank said:
I think that Eboue is in line to take over from Lauren for the next couple of years, but the eventual full-time successor is Gilbert. He's excellent.

Thats why eboue is playing instead if Gilbert.

Eboue is way better than or what Gilbert will ever be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)