[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (23 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
hambon said:
Arsenal duo to make Turin trip

Monday, 3 April 2006

Arsenal FC have confirmed that midfielder Cesc Fabregas and full-back Emmanuel Eboué "will be travelling" to Turin for Wednesday's UEFA Champions League quarter-final second leg, but did not say whether the duo would be fit to face Juventus.

'Recovered sufficiently'
Both players were injured during Saturday's 5-0 English Premiership defeat of Aston Villa FC, with Eboué picking up a groin injury and Fabregas taking a blow to his foot. Having initially been rated by manager Arsène Wenger at 60-40 to play in Italy, the influential pair "have recovered sufficiently to take their place in the travelling party". Arsenal won the first leg 2-0 at Highbury.

Uefa.com

by the way anyone know when do they actually arrive in turin? today or tomorrow?

robinvanpersie

Mar 25, 2006
PhRoZeN said:
Jeez I had a similar conversation with your freidn van persie earliar regarding how consistent nesta really is. To say he isnt is such a biased view and understandable if its coming from the EPL. Canavaro, yes he was slow isnt the same, but if you look at what his achieved is understandably the worlds best. at the moment he may not be the best but even on his bad day he puts a notably decent performance. Against Arsenal, yes he wasnt at his best but he was arguably our best defender out there and at times if you notice back in the 60th minute he even covered a very poor zebine who was outpaced by henry. Yet if you look carefully that was a certain instance where yes, canavaro, actually suprised henry with his pace. On another day its understandable that henry is faster but as I said whats brilliant about canavaro his he compliments his defence whenever needed and yes he is consistent prior to the arsenal game. We have some very fast pacy players in serie A too notably shevchenko, mancini being a few.
First off, I'm not bradd's "freidn," I don't know him and he isn't even an Arsenal fan FFS.

Secondly, It feels like I'm speaking to a wall. WHERE DID I SAY NESTA ISN'T CONSISTENT? I just said, Toure has been consistently better than Nesta THIS YEAR and that Nesta had a horrible period in January even though he was playing with World Class defenders while Toure had NO BAD PERIOD THIS YEAR when playing next to LB's like Flamini\Cygan, CB's who are very much error prone like Campbell (he's been shit this year) and Senderos (who's been doing much better recently but was very much error prone earlier this season). He's been playing in a makeshift defence who's average age is like 22 BUT NO he's no good, he isn't consistent enough. Blah, blah, blah. You keep on rambling on without even reading my posts. Nesta = World Class. Cannavaro = World Class. Terry = World Class. And guess what?! TOURE = WORLD FUCKING CLASS. Say you disagree with that comment - fine. But how the fuck can you disagree with the fact that on current form, throughout this whole season, Toure who's kept Arsenal's defence together even during our shit form, with a makeshift, unexperienced (average age of 22) defence surrounding him. With players waaaaaaay out of form like Gilberto and Campbell surrounding him, yet he STILL PLAYED AT A WORLD CLASS LEVEL. If you say that Toure, based on current form, this season has not been World Class you're one of 4 cases:
1. Retarded.
2. Blind.
3. A fickle Juve fan who thinks because he slates an Arsenal player that player will become shit.
4. Have no understanding of the game of football.

Of course it can be none of those cases and can be the fact that you don't watch Arsenal games (to which you admitted before). Ooooohhhh, you watch MOTD, wow, you watch 10 minutes of highlights from the Arsenal game and based on that you can tell whether Toure has been world class this year.

Oh, you're unbiased because you can admit that Henry is world class? Is that what you say to prove you aren't biased? Saying that doesn't prove anything since any person with a pair of eyes can tell that Thierry Henry is the best striker in the world (yes, I know some of you guys will say no he isn't and if he isn't he's definitely in the top 3, but he is the best striker in the world).

Yes they outclassed us, is that all? :faq1: We have had better matches in europe look at our group stage that should tell something, and the same to last year prior to the liverpool match we were not too bad.
Arsenal had a great game vs. Juve in 2001 (I think) at Highbury. Ummm... relevance? Please explain to me wtf your group stage games have to do with Wednesday's game? Umm, don't because you'll just make yourself look like a fool with a half-assed explanation that somehow connects the two. You played shit vs. Bayern in one game (without Vieira, with Giannicheda) and you played well vs. Bayern in one game (with Vieira, without Giannicheda). The other games were against shit teams so are even less relevant. Let's say for a sec the Bayern games are relevant. Going by them, you were supposed to win with Vieira and lose without him but you lost without him and going by the Bayern game, you'll lose when playing with Giannicheda. Also, please don't say some bullshit about home advantage because we both know that the Delle Alpi is shit, there's no atmosphere there and therefore also, no home advantage other than the fact that Juve is more used to the shitty pitch.

I dont think zambro was actually as poor as it may seem he did well and was arguably one of our few players who actually made some of your defenders shed a sweat. Whilst the rest?, real can lose against a team like albacete for god's sake that doesnt mean anything. Real were poor not only on the day but also the games before the CL second round. They showed some of the worst football by a spanish side and were lucky to even get to the second round. As for us, yes we played a very poor match, no excuses. Well done. :sick:
Zambrotta was your best player vs. us and yet Eboue still managed to keep him quiet bar one or two crosses. When a player plays amazingly well three games in a row you can say he might be a flop or he might be a developing talent or he might be overrated. After playing 5-10 games vs. the likes of Real Madrid (who were in great form before playing us vs. Zidane and Robinho), Liverpool (Kewell and Gerrard) and Juve (Mutu and Zambrotta). Yes, he has some aspects of the game he needs to work at such as his finishing but you can't say that every player in every team he's played was in bad form as that's just plain idiotic and you again, trying to make an Arsenal player look bad to make yourself feel better about the tie. Eboue will be the best RB in the world in a few years (Cafu is old and there really isn't one that stands out at the moment).

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
Forza Gunners said:
if you watch the premiership then you will realise the sheer amount of handballs and fouls that John Terry gets away with is just disgraceful
That's sheer bile and a bad case of bad bellix (as my people will say). Terry is a very good defender, as much as I hate to say it (as I really dislike Chelsea), he's very good.

To the ARSE fan who said it never happened that Toure mad some ill advised cavalier charges upfront... he does it almost every game. Take your blinders of and be a bit more objective now will you. Oh sorry, I forgot the club you support, it's a characteristic you guys have and it's cross continental too.

robinvanpersie

Mar 25, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
Sorry to announce you that I don't have time reading your pathetic shitty post.

Move on.
Nice comeback, when someone totally takes apart all of your stupid unbased arguments, you just reply saying, I didn't read your post. You know, that doesn't make his post wrong, nor does it make it non-existant. You're just being ignorant, dense and close-minded. Open up your mind to the possibility that you know, maybe you were wrong for once? Isn't it just possible that Arsenal fans have watched more performances from their own players than you and therefore can analyze them better than you can? You don't see me going around saying I know more about Del Piero, Nedved or Cannavaro, do you? No, because I'm not trying to be an idiotic jackass.

Apr 3, 2006
sco_tino said:
That's sheer bile and a bad case of bad bellix (as my people will say). Terry is a very good defender, as much as I hate to say it (as I really dislike Chelsea), he's very good.

To the ARSE fan who said it never happened that Toure mad some ill advised cavalier charges upfront... he does it almost every game. Take your blinders of and be a bit more objective now will you. Oh sorry, I forgot the club you support, it's a characteristic you guys have and it's cross continental too.
haha funny to see a bitter juve fan, im guessing since your from Nigeria, your surrounded by Arsenal fans (every nigerian i have seen here is an arsenal fan

either way, when arsenal humiliate juve again, that should be enough to shut you up

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
robinvanpersie said:
Nice comeback, when someone totally takes apart all of your stupid unbased arguments, you just reply saying, I didn't read your post. You know, that doesn't make his post wrong, nor does it make it non-existant. You're just being ignorant, dense and close-minded. Open up your mind to the possibility that you know, maybe you were wrong for once? Isn't it just possible that Arsenal fans have watched more performances from their own players than you and therefore can analyze them better than you can? You don't see me going around saying I know more about Del Piero, Nedved or Cannavaro, do you? No, because I'm not trying to be an idiotic jackass.
There's absolutely no need for the insults, you CAN make your points without them.

Where are the mods?!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
bradd_21 said:
Heh - Thanks mate, you just proved the whole point of my post right there.

'Dont have time to read it' yet brands it 'shitty' - like i said, you are the epitome of idiocy.

Ohhh the irony !!

TBH, The first thing my eye cought from your post was "What a moron" before trying to read it, therefore I couldn't bother reading it.

And Tbh, I've explained my points several times Incase you're talking about Kolo and comparing him to Canna, I don't have to always repeat them.

And what makes me laugh is that finally (Arsenal Fans) are able to bark and moan and EVEN criticize our team when Infact you can't compare an Old Lady to a girl that did even passed her period.

I hope you really don't consider this event is over, there's one match left. And I'm truely hoping Del Piero would be fit enough to probably show you Kolo's value.

Till then, Adios...............and oh ya

Soap it.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
the deli alpi will not be empty this week, and while the stadium is poor and often with very little atmosphere, this is something the juve players are used to while other teams are used to either hostile receptions or a passionate close by support, maybe playing in front of a relativley quite and distant attendance can be unsettling too to a team used to vibrant cheering from the close proximty of fans

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
sco_tino said:
I hope as many of their players are there, so there won't be any excuses after they get beat.

And I hope the ref is better than the chap from the 1st leg too.
Yes he will be better! its a german ref...:p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
sco_tino said:

Absolutely. They have a strange tendancy to overrate everything they do, and its also funny and quite sad at the same time to see they defend Capello simply to enhance their acheivements. Everything from stating Wenger is the best manager in the world to Kolo Toure perhaps being the best stopper in the world (hahahaha) is just utter tripe and really makes them look like a biased group of supporters.

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
sco_tino said:

No, Toure has never charged forward and caused us problems at the back because of it. Never, not once in three years.

I watch him every week, so I think I know.

name me one single occasion when he has cost the team by running up the field if you know so much.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
robinvanpersie said:
Keep on insulting and we'll probably show you the door:).

Actually It wasn't a comback, Smarty.

Re-read my last post before somebody will step on your tail. I actually didn't read his post nor felt like reading when ppl can't debate or argue.

I never said that I know Arsenal players more than their fans....and If you're pointing at Kolo then you better join the "Sarcasm Party".

Have a nice day.

Next.

robinvanpersie

Mar 25, 2006
sco_tino said:

Toure does make those runs upfront but what do you think, that Wenger is an idiot? Let me remind you that Nesta makes these runs upfront at times as well, they aren't unplanned spontaneous runs. Gilberto automatically goes to his position (Gilberto started out as CB). Let's say for a second that they were, like Senderos' run during the game (which was the sort of thing a future captain does, but I digress) - they take nothing away from his defensive abilities. If you judge him purely by his skills and compare him to other world class CB's based on how amazing he's been this year, he's just as good as them, if not better. Again, based on this year. Again, based on this year. Yes, consistency is also a big part of the game but I'm talking about his performances this year. Again, his performances this year. Maybe now that I've repeated everything like 500 times you guys will understand what I've been trying to say for like 20 pages? Nah, I doubt it...

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
Forza Gunners said:
haha funny to see a bitter juve fan, im guessing since your from Nigeria, your surrounded by Arsenal fans (every nigerian i have seen here is an arsenal fan

either way, when arsenal humiliate juve again, that should be enough to shut you up
Hurray!!! You're a genius to have guessed I'm Nigerian, afterall it's only just emblazoned on my profile there to the left of my posts. And as a matter of fact, a lot of your turncoat fans here support Chelsea now.

And I'm far from bitter, far from it. You on the other hand will be spouting much more bile come Wednesday night.

After the game i said it was all over, but the way you guys have gone on and on has made me really, really desirous of a massive Juve victory.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Forza Gunners said:

i hope arsenal players think the same an attitude like this will be most helpful to juve.

Beware pride comes before the fall and an injured animal is the most dangerous:pint:

it not over till the fat lady sings and until then the old lady is still breathing:agree:

bradd_21

Mar 22, 2006
As for the other replies to the post - i am not here on the wind-up, only actually posted after browsing and noticing a hell of a lot of ridiculous quotes by the 'i dont have time' man. As for the insults, notice how the 'i dont have time' man had branded one or two other posters 'idiots' for having a different opinion to his - and thus i thought i'd inform him as to who the real idiot is.

As for the actual football, while i rate cannavaro - i dont think his qualities are as balanced as toure's. IMO it was quite obvious who the better defenders were last week. For the people claiming arsenal beat a poor madrid side, then you need to catch a few madrid games and see how they perform in big games when the pressure is on. They can lose to relegation struggling sides one week, and thrash barca 4-2 the next (as they did last season) - so to under-mine arsenal's triumph over madrid is simply ignorant and foolish.

As for the terry claims - terry is actually a very good defender but as with all english players, unbelievably hyped. The power of the media in england seems to have even more of an effect on foreigners than it does on the english. Terry is not better than cannavaro. He's a decent centre back, but gets away with a lot of things due to his nationality and the team he plays for. Also, he plays in one of the most defensive minded sides in the world, so it's not as if he's ever put under much pressure.

Having said that - i am actually a valencia fan and reckon the final will be Barca Vs Arsenal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)